Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Helper fell off ladder today

Default Re: Helper fell off ladder today

I have this theory about walkable roofs vs. non-walkable roofs - that if you fall from either one it still hurts the same amount.

I had this guy that wanted a bunch of work done for short money - and I reasoned to myself that the roof had a 'walkable' pitch of 6/12. But later decided to hold steadfast to my minimum. It was a pita terrain - nothing was easy - and I later decided an injury is an injury is an injury. We should all step back and value our health and should reflect in our pricing.
    Daniel Tambasco
    Just Plain Painting
    Gutter Cleaning MA
    Deck Restoration Contractor
    978-749-9808

Quote Originally Posted by FLORIN View Post
    We were out doing a 1 story very walkable gutter cleaning today. Was just about finished. I was rinsing the exterior of the gutters when I heard a loud crash. Went around and my helper was on the ground on the driveway with the ladder down too. What a gut wrenching feeling. He busted up his knee. He also was turning white and getting light headed... im guessing shock. He got ambulanced to hosp. He said he was stepping onto the ladder from the roof and he stepped wrong and his foot slipped off the rung. He pulled the ladder with him as he was going down. Im headed back out to see him at the hospital tro see how hes doing now.

Posting this to maybe put in your head to be safe and alert out there on ladders and roofs.

will say our prayers for you and him i hope every thing goes well with the recovery if i can fall off off a mountain about 80ft and break my bones an be in a body cast for 9months and survive your worker will be ok
    Lonnie and Nikki Greenwood
    ANR Pressure Washing, Inc
    Deltona, Florida
    386-232-4388 Office
    386-473-6809 Cell
    lonnie@anrpressurewashing.com [url]www.anrpressurewashing.com
    serving the following states FL GA SC NC TN VA TX Or and states in between Go UAMCC!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JCinNJ View Post
    OUCH!! I never had that happen to me but I know guys that took the fast trip off a roof, NOT FUN!!

Do you use stand-offs on your ladders?

Yes I do. When his foot slipped he tried to hold on to the ladder with his arms while going down. The standoffs actually snagged on the gutters and ripped it as he went down.
    Florin Nutu
    ALL WASHED UP EXTERIOR CLEANING LLC
    206-380-4555

Seattle Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing
    email--- allwashedupexterior@gmail.com

Thanks all. He is going to be down with a cast on for at least a couple weeks. I had never had to deal with workmans comp but would like to get him back to work on making cold calls while he is down, I know he has a family to support.
    Florin Nutu
    206-380-4555

I have pins in my thumb from falling off a ladder!!
    [B]Carlos Gonzales[/B]
    [B]New Look Power Wash
    [URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com"]Pressure Wash in California[/URL][/B]
    [URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com/category/uncategorized"][B]California Pressure Washing Blog[/B][/URL]
    [B][URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com/california-pressure-wash-blog/pressure-wash-services-in-san-francisco.html"]Pressure Wash Services in San Francisco[/URL][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    I have pins in my thumb from falling off a ladder!!
    Were you trying out for the "thumb" (poll) vaulting team or just trying to see how far down in the concrete you could stick your thumb from that height?
    Randall Brooks
    EvenTide Power Wash
    843-991-1324

He went for follow up on Friday and they put on a removable cast. They said no surgery required. He will start cold calls, emails, marketing for me on Monday until he is back up on his feet.
    Florin Nutu
    206-380-4555

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information