Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2010 National Convention?

Default Re: 2010 National Convention?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cooke View Post
    the majority do live on the east coast!!!!
    So I guess all the other members don't count ?
    All Im saying is make it fair to All Members !

Serving Bryan-College Station-Huntsville-Madisonville Texas Area

Quote Originally Posted by Jim@GarageCleaning View Post
    If you have it in Europe, I am taking the family .... YA BABY !!

I LUV tax Write Off's
    You can write off by becoming a member JIM.......LOL

Serving Bryan-College Station-Huntsville-Madisonville Texas Area

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Gene View Post
    So I guess all the other members don't count ?
    All Im saying is make it fair to All Members !
    What do you consider to be fair, Gene? Is there a place on the map that you know about with an equal distance for all to travel? If so, can you make it so it cost us all the same to get there also? If so, please share.

I realize that you're probably speaking of the europe thing, but it's never fair for all, one way or another.
    Don Phelps
    All Seasons Exteriors, Inc.
    Professional Non-Pressure
    Roof Cleaning
    (407) 579-4026
    1-866-91ROOFS
    www.floridaroofcleaners.com

Actually, Europe is very cheap for the west coast, even though it is farther than going to Florida. I do not know how the fare is for Florida.

Oh course, HAWAII is always great. We stay at the Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort and Convention for weeks at a time and we are never board.

If you want something to excel above the Marriott, Then this is the place.

Ya, I think Jim C. is right..... We had it on the east coast, now lets have it on the far...far...west coast...

Website: http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hote...awaii/index.do

I vote HAWAII !!!!!
    Last edited by Jim@GarageCleaning; 12-09-2009 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim@GarageCleaning View Post
    Actually, Europe is very cheap for the west coast, even though it is farther than going to Florida. I do not know how the fare is for Florida.

Oh course, HAWAII is always great. We stay at the Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort and Convention for weeks at a time and we are never board.

If you want something to excel above the Marriott, Then this is the place.

Ya, I think Jim C. is right..... We had it on the east coast, now lets have it on the far...far...west coast...

I vote HAWAII !!!!!
    If i cant drive there i will not be there because we have some one that can not fly in our family our son of course i say we have it in fl again but thats my thoughts as long as we dont have to fly thats all.
    Lonnie and Nikki Greenwood
    ANR Pressure Washing, Inc
    Deltona, Florida
    386-232-4388 Office
    386-473-6809 Cell
    lonnie@anrpressurewashing.com [url]www.anrpressurewashing.com
    serving the following states FL GA SC NC TN VA TX Or and states in between Go UAMCC!!!!!!!

On Saturday night of this years convention, when I returned to my room, I had a message from the Marriott's front desk. They offered me 3 nights any time the coming year for $99 a night. If the next years convention was already set I would have taken them up on it.

Not sure why they are holding firm at $140.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie Greenwood View Post
    If i cant drive there i will not be there because we have some one that can not fly in our family our son of course i say we have it in fl again but thats my thoughts as long as we dont have to fly thats all.
    Sorry to hear about your son..... how old is he?

I believe after we offer choices on where to have the Convention, we can look at other items. One might be reducing the time to hold the Convention. I'd like to eliminate the Sunday for travel. we all have familys and businesses to get back to. maybe eliminate Sunday and one day shorter could bring the Convention into reach for some? The Convention Committee will have final say and we will support them. Thank you.
    Our Passion is Coatings,
    Our Obsession is Service!

Terry Miller COO
    Tegrey Family of Coatings inc.
    330-418-8955

Quote Originally Posted by Darl Hite View Post
    On Saturday night of this years convention, when I returned to my room, I had a message from the Marriott's front desk. They offered me 3 nights any time the coming year for $99 a night. If the next years convention was already set I would have taken them up on it.

Not sure why they are holding firm at $140.
    The $140

I know last year they were hurting for conventions they all were, maybe this year they see a better outlook for conventions in whole, so they are asking for more money. They actually cut some deals last year that were never seen before because of the convention vacation economy downturn. Plus they actully gave us a good deal because it was our first convention. It will be interesting to see where the convention is this year

I would suggest east of the Mississippi just because the majority of the members are there and I would think there are more non member pressure washing contractors east of the Mississippi also. You got to think of the costs for the majority, attendance is s huge factor especially these first couple years

I would like to see in the future but not this year a UAMCC convention in Vegas or some place else cool out west. Just got to think about airfare costss and everything else, no place will ever be perfect for all. I know a couple guys that had to really scrape the money together to come, but I am happy to say they told me it was worth every penny

I want a place thats real nice, some stuff to do and a place contractors can get together at night and not have to travel. I thought the back patio at the lounge at Marriott at nights was GREAT. Contractors bringing their beer, wine & cigars down and just hangiong out networking, shooting the chit. Don Phelps with buckets of Coors Lite, Bob and the cooler, Carlos with wine. Tim Fields picking up or should I say picking on chicks lmao. Nights were cool hanging with everyone, what we had to have 50 contractors a couple times. I hope we have a place like that for the next convention. man that was a great, fun, education, networking event

GO UAMCC

FYI - Southwest Airlines flies to the west coast - some destinations less than $59 each way....
    Roger Gothorp
    336-516-6139

• Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information