Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Our Filtration Unit turns 18 years old next month....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Our Filtration Unit turns 18 years old next month....

  1. #1

    Default Our Filtration Unit turns 18 years old next month....

    Our Filtration Unit turns 18 years old next month and is still going strong at 40 GPM, however the rig is showing the signs of her age and I thought it was time to freshen her up ....

    So here we go....

    We are professionally installing a 4 way hydraulic self leveling system of which will be ran by a on board computer. This state of the art system will, at a touch of a button, self level the trailer on any surface. This leveling, as many of you know, is needed for the filtering process to be efficient.

    We also are having all of the equipment removed and the trailer will be powder coated to 7 mil thick. The trailer, which is 102 inches wide and 22 ft long, will be placed in a oven and baked at 375 degrees for two days for the powder coating process.

    The hubs, brakes, wiring, LED lights, bearings, etc, will be replaced with new parts.

    The 16" Rims & Wheels will be replaced with 17.5 (Steel Belted 16 PLY) tires and Steel Rims with no less than 1/2 inch thickness at the bolt pattern. The tire and Rim weigh in at 190 LBS each wheel. Rims will be powder coated as well.

    A " Better Built" Steel Job Box will be reinforced structurally to house the computer controls, battery, pumps and supplies for the filter unit.

    The "A" frame tongue will be strengthen from 4 Inch "C" channel to 8 Inch "C" channel with Box tubbing in the center of the A frame Tongue.

    Trailer is estimated weight should be around 9,680 lbs empty. With Class II Hazardous waste, fully loaded, 15 to 17,500 LBS when filtering.

    Trailer was designed by computer to hold 29,000 LBS while suspended at all four corners with all wheels off the ground.

    After,.....
    the filter,
    the 15 KW Kubota Diesel Generator,
    Tank and
    all the plumbing

    will be reinstalled on the trailer.

    Total price... between $10,000 and $13,000
    Last edited by Jim@GarageCleaning; 12-11-2009 at 01:43 PM.

  • #2

    Default Re: Our Filtration Unit turns 18 years old next month....

    Very cool Jim. Happy Birthday to your trailer.

    I have a teenager who will turn 18 soon. Needs similar upgrades (stabilization system, strengthening his "frame" and definitely a new motivation generator.)

    Maybe your used parts will work on my teenager ???

  • #3

    Default Re: Our Filtration Unit turns 18 years old next month....

    You might want to consider isolating that battery from everything else. If it ever blows up on ya the acid could do some real serious harm to that computer. And even though batteries are supposedly sealed, the acid fumes could harm the electronics. Just a thought, Of course I am probably out in left field with my thinking.

    845 725 7888

  • #4

    Default Re: Our Filtration Unit turns 18 years old next month....

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeBusters View Post
    Very cool Jim. Happy Birthday to your trailer.

    I have a teenager who will turn 18 soon. Needs similar upgrades (stabilization system, strengthening his "frame" and definitely a new motivation generator.

    Maybe your used parts will work on my teenager ???
    LMAO!!!

  • #5

    Default Re: Our Filtration Unit turns 18 years old next month....

    Quote Originally Posted by welder View Post
    You might want to consider isolating that battery from everything else. If it ever blows up on ya the acid could do some real serious harm to that computer. And even though batteries are supposedly sealed, the acid fumes could harm the electronics. Just a thought, Of course I am probably out in left field with my thinking.
    I did not think about that... THANK YOU !!!!!. Very well said.

    I will address that TODAY.

    We was thinking about putting the battery inside the Job Box. I have heard of batteries exploding before. Just did not think about that.

    I will address that ASAP.


    Again, THANK YOU for your advice !!!! THANK YOU

    Jim

  • #6

    Default Re: Our Filtration Unit turns 18 years old next month....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim@GarageCleaning View Post
    I did not think about that... THANK YOU !!!!!. Very well said.

    I will address that TODAY.

    We was thinking about putting the battery inside the Job Box. I have heard of batteries exploding before. Just did not think about that.

    I will address that ASAP.


    Again, THANK YOU for your advice !!!! THANK YOU

    Jim
    Jim,

    Why not run an Optima battery?

    I heard all the big boys run them.

    Why shouldn't you?
    Tim Fields
    Sign2day.com
    301-331-4117

  • #7

    Default Re: Our Filtration Unit turns 18 years old next month....

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Fields View Post
    Jim,

    Why not run an Optima battery?

    I heard all the big boys run them.

    Why shouldn't you?
    You know, I did look into that last year.

    I buy my batteries from Costco. They have the best prices and warranties.

    Optima do not have the same warranties as Costco. I know that they are a better battery by far, but I usually go threw my batteries every three years, thus return them for a full credit towards a new battery from Costco. I have bought only 1 battery, replace 3 or 4 times.... 12 years later, still have not spent any money towards a new battery even though I have had them replaced 4 times. We have 5 sets of batteries.

  • #8

    Default Re: Our Filtration Unit turns 18 years old next month....

    While on the subject of batteries, I am a dealer for Interstate batteries. If anyone needs a battery for anything, let me know. I get them at cost. If you live in or I ship to Arizona, I must add sales tax. But I'll sell them to my UAMCC family at my cost.


    Give you an example of the savings. Just replaced the battery in my wife's Harley. Best battery available, list price $127.95. My cost, $69.95.

    http://www.interstatebatteries.com/c...10+CCA+-+18+AH

  • #9

    Default Re: Our Filtration Unit turns 18 years old next month....

    Jim, not to try and start any ruckus with this reply but, why is it your spending so much money on your equipment and being such a cheap a&& on a measley battery. You pride yourself on having the best equipment possible but you run a Costco battery in it only for the warranty. Just my .02. That's like buying a Kia because of the 100,000 mile warranty and cost but you already know it is not going to perform to the specs you want it to.



  • #10

    Default Re: Our Filtration Unit turns 18 years old next month....

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeBusters View Post
    While on the subject of batteries, I am a dealer for Interstate batteries. If anyone needs a battery for anything, let me know. I get them at cost. If you live in or I ship to Arizona, I must add sales tax. But I'll sell them to my UAMCC family at my cost.


    Give you an example of the savings. Just replaced the battery in my wife's Harley. Best battery available, list price $127.95. My cost, $69.95.

    http://www.interstatebatteries.com/cs_estore/Products/RT/PID-FAYTX20HL%28MotorCycles%29.aspx?dsNavigation=N~38-4282938405-4294487022-2147384880&Title=Cycle-Tron+Plus+High+Performance+-+310+CCA+-+18+AH
    Very nice of you Jim...Thank you!
    [B]Carlos Gonzales[/B]
    [B]New Look Power Wash
    [URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com"]Pressure Wash in California[/URL][/B]
    [URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com/category/uncategorized"][B]California Pressure Washing Blog[/B][/URL]
    [B][URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com/california-pressure-wash-blog/pressure-wash-services-in-san-francisco.html"]Pressure Wash Services in San Francisco[/URL][/B]

  • Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Single Sign On provided by vBSSO