• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Our Filtration Unit turns 18 years old next month....

Our Filtration Unit turns 18 years old next month and is still going strong at 40 GPM, however the rig is showing the signs of her age and I thought it was time to freshen her up ....

So here we go....

We are professionally installing a 4 way hydraulic self leveling system of which will be ran by a on board computer. This state of the art system will, at a touch of a button, self level the trailer on any surface. This leveling, as many of you know, is needed for the filtering process to be efficient.

We also are having all of the equipment removed and the trailer will be powder coated to 7 mil thick. The trailer, which is 102 inches wide and 22 ft long, will be placed in a oven and baked at 375 degrees for two days for the powder coating process.

The hubs, brakes, wiring, LED lights, bearings, etc, will be replaced with new parts.

The 16" Rims & Wheels will be replaced with 17.5 (Steel Belted 16 PLY) tires and Steel Rims with no less than 1/2 inch thickness at the bolt pattern. The tire and Rim weigh in at 190 LBS each wheel. Rims will be powder coated as well.

A " Better Built" Steel Job Box will be reinforced structurally to house the computer controls, battery, pumps and supplies for the filter unit.

The "A" frame tongue will be strengthen from 4 Inch "C" channel to 8 Inch "C" channel with Box tubbing in the center of the A frame Tongue.

Trailer is estimated weight should be around 9,680 lbs empty. With Class II Hazardous waste, fully loaded, 15 to 17,500 LBS when filtering.

Trailer was designed by computer to hold 29,000 LBS while suspended at all four corners with all wheels off the ground.

After,.....
the filter,
the 15 KW Kubota Diesel Generator,
Tank and
all the plumbing

will be reinstalled on the trailer.

Total price... between $10,000 and $13,000

Last edited:

Jim Cooney

Very cool Jim. Happy Birthday to your trailer.

I have a teenager who will turn 18 soon. Needs similar upgrades (stabilization system, strengthening his "frame" and definitely a new motivation generator.)

Maybe your used parts will work on my teenager ???

Last edited:

welder

You might want to consider isolating that battery from everything else. If it ever blows up on ya the acid could do some real serious harm to that computer. And even though batteries are supposedly sealed, the acid fumes could harm the electronics. Just a thought, Of course I am probably out in left field with my thinking.

Jeff LeCours

Very cool Jim. Happy Birthday to your trailer.

I have a teenager who will turn 18 soon. Needs similar upgrades (stabilization system, strengthening his "frame" and definitely a new motivation generator.

Maybe your used parts will work on my teenager ???

LMAO!!!:clap::biggrin::clap::biggrin:

You might want to consider isolating that battery from everything else. If it ever blows up on ya the acid could do some real serious harm to that computer. And even though batteries are supposedly sealed, the acid fumes could harm the electronics. Just a thought, Of course I am probably out in left field with my thinking.

I did not think about that... THANK YOU !!!!!. Very well said.

I will address that TODAY.

We was thinking about putting the battery inside the Job Box. I have heard of batteries exploding before. Just did not think about that.

I will address that ASAP.

Again, THANK YOU for your advice !!!! THANK YOU

Jim

Tim Fields

We was thinking about putting the battery inside the Job Box. I have heard of batteries exploding before. Just did not think about that.

Jim

Jim,

Why not run an Optima battery?

I heard all the big boys run them.

Why shouldn't you?

Jim,

Why not run an Optima battery?

I heard all the big boys run them.

Why shouldn't you?

You know, I did look into that last year.

I buy my batteries from Costco. They have the best prices and warranties.

Optima do not have the same warranties as Costco. I know that they are a better battery by far, but I usually go threw my batteries every three years, thus return them for a full credit towards a new battery from Costco. I have bought only 1 battery, replace 3 or 4 times.... 12 years later, still have not spent any money towards a new battery even though I have had them replaced 4 times. We have 5 sets of batteries.

Jim Cooney

While on the subject of batteries, I am a dealer for Interstate batteries. If anyone needs a battery for anything, let me know. I get them at cost. If you live in or I ship to Arizona, I must add sales tax. But I'll sell them to my UAMCC family at my cost.

Give you an example of the savings. Just replaced the battery in my wife's Harley. Best battery available, list price $127.95. My cost, $69.95.

http://www.interstatebatteries.com/...-Tron+Plus+High+Performance+-+310+CCA+-+18+AH

Chris Tharpe

Jim, not to try and start any ruckus with this reply but, why is it your spending so much money on your equipment and being such a cheap a&& on a measley battery. You pride yourself on having the best equipment possible but you run a Costco battery in it only for the warranty. Just my .02. That's like buying a Kia because of the 100,000 mile warranty and cost but you already know it is not going to perform to the specs you want it to.

:redcard:

Carlos Gonzales

While on the subject of batteries, I am a dealer for Interstate batteries. If anyone needs a battery for anything, let me know. I get them at cost. If you live in or I ship to Arizona, I must add sales tax. But I'll sell them to my UAMCC family at my cost.

Give you an example of the savings. Just replaced the battery in my wife's Harley. Best battery available, list price $127.95. My cost, $69.95.

http://www.interstatebatteries.com/cs_estore/Products/RT/PID-FAYTX20HL%28MotorCycles%29.aspx?dsNavigation=N~38-4282938405-4294487022-2147384880&Title=Cycle-Tron+Plus+High+Performance+-+310+CCA+-+18+AH

Very nice of you Jim...Thank you!

Jim, not to try and start any ruckus with this reply but, why is it your spending so much money on your equipment and being such a cheap a&& on a measley battery. You pride yourself on having the best equipment possible but you run a Costco battery in it only for the warranty. Just my .02. That's like buying a Kia because of the 100,000 mile warranty and cost but you already know it is not going to perform to the specs you want it to.

:redcard:

I appreciate what you are saying, but I go through Batteries so fast, especially on the hydraulic jacks and the turbo twisters. When you spend $600+ on batteries every two to three years, you tend to look at the warranty you are buying.

If I bought the Optima which sells for $150 to $200 each, that $600 would be $1,050 to $1,400 dollars every 4 to 6 years with a lessor COMMERCIAL warranty of 12 months which they would consider my rig/ my trailer as.....COMMERCIAL. They then would pro rate it from there. After 4 years, I would have little to no value left. This is how they explained it to me. Apparently Optima is very strict about their warranty in our area.

I choose the cheaper battery at 1/2 the cost with a 3 year full exchange, no questions asked with a 7 year pro rated warranty. They work fine and we have no problems with them during the 2- 3 years of extreme use. We get the 850 or more Cold Cranking Amp batteries which in most cases a higher rating for CCA than Optima.

We also do not have to worry about someone stealing them on the job-site. This has already happened to us once on the filter which was unmanned in the lower floors. They just took the battery.

DON"T get me wrong, I think Optima is a better battery by far, but for the lessor warranty, higher costs and the possibility that someone will recognizes it as something of value and steal it, it is hard to justify the expense.

I then take the money I save and go buy something nice for my wife.

Chris Tharpe

I appreciate what you are saying, but I go through Batteries so fast, especially on the hydraulic jacks and the turbo twisters. When you spend $600+ on batteries every two to three years, you tend to look at the warranty you are buying.

If I bought the Optima which sells for $150 to $200 each, that $600 would be $1,050 to $1,400 dollars every 4 to 6 years with a lessor COMMERCIAL warranty of 12 months which they would consider my rig/ my trailer as.....COMMERCIAL. They then would pro rate it from there. After 4 years, I would have little to no value left. This is how they explained it to me. Apparently Optima is very strict about their warranty in our area.

I choose the cheaper battery at 1/2 the cost with a 3 year full exchange, no questions asked with a 7 year pro rated warranty. They work fine and we have no problems with them during the 2- 3 years of extreme use. We get the 850 or more Cold Cranking Amp batteries which in most cases a higher rating for CCA than Optima.

We also do not have to worry about someone stealing them on the job-site. This has already happened to us once on the filter which was unmanned in the lower floors. They just took the battery.

DON"T get me wrong, I think Optima is a better battery by far, but for the lessor warranty, higher costs and the possibility that someone will recognizes it as something of value and steal it, it is hard to justify the expense.

I then take the money I save and go buy something nice for my wife.

Makes sense, and the only thing I would contradict in your statement is sometimes we need to buy our own selves a toy and not the wife

welder

Jim

You are most welcome.

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
Is there anybody who doesn't realize that it is dishonest bordering on theft to return items under false pretenses? I guess as long as the person doing it feels like it's ok, then it's ok. Welcome to ethics 2012. Leadership at its best. Good grief.