• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

8+ GPM systems

Mike Fox

I would like to here some of your comments regarding systems with higher GPM's. There is a two operator rig for sale and I may be interested. Low hours 2 operators but the GPM's are at 8.5. It does have a larger water tank but I am concerned with customer house washes (too much machine) and water supply issues. Any one have any experiences they could share? The PSI is 3000

Thanks

Ken Fenner

Mike, once you try an 8 gpm+ machine, you will never want to go back to a lower output. Rinsing is what slows down service. Larger flow machines make washing efficiency go through the roof. You will definitely need a reserve tank of at least 100 gallons. To be 100% safe in doing residential and to compensate for non-municipal supply (wells), you may need double that.

On the two gun note.. I don't think you will be happy splitting that machine down. I have a ten I run dual gun and its excellent for decks. On house washes the single full output is almost just as fast as splitting with less hose to roll up.

Bryan Otten

I run a two man rig with 2 8gpm machines with a buffer tank. Let he said when you go from 4gpm to 8 you won't go back. I'm selling my rig fully ready to work.I have two guy looking at it now.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
I run my one-man operation on an 8/3000 HydroTek with heat. Primarily, I wash houses and a 2500 sq ft house with drive/walks, washed and waxed, will take me 2.5 hrs or less. GPM's are king! (Just ask Jeff L.)

Guy Blackmon

Mike, what Ken said Buddy!!! I've got 2, 8 gpm machines and love them. House washing is a breeze, just use larger nozzles for low pressure on houses. If it's a hot skid, all the better, cleaning unlimited!

DJ Carroll

I switched pumps at the end of the year and this is my deal breaker

Monthly Maint. Account.
Rally's Hamburger:
Single Lane drive Thru, sidewalks, and dumpster pad

Time with 5.5 gpm and 28in big guy: 1h and 35min.
Time with 8.5 gpm and 28in big guy: 45min!

That sells it's self!

I finished after the last time with my 8 gpm and the manager was like you already done? I said yep! He said okay it looks great! :cool:

Brian Wendling

I run cat 10 gal. pumps and they are great. You will need to get the water going in the tank first and then get set up. You will use a lot of water. Nothing like a 30 gal zero going 3-4 stories and fast.