Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: 300,000 sq ft. Warehouse floor

  1. #11

    Default Re: 300,000 sq ft. Warehouse floor

    Quote Originally Posted by Innovativewash View Post
    Brian,
    See if the it has a sanitary sewer cleanout that you can dump into ,this would save you a few bucks. I hate to give pricing out but i think you will overshoot the bid if it just flat surface cleaning. Inside flat cleaning with floor scrubbers to suck up water (hint) for 200k sf would be around 15-18cents. depending on how bad the floors are.

    Jimmy V
    I hate to see good contractors overshoot there bids in jan!!!!!
    James VanHandel
    Pressure Washing, Roof, Restaurant, Parking garage, Commercial building restoration
    All of new jersey
    609-738-3100
    innovativewash@aol.com
    www.innovativepressurecleaning.com

  • #12

    Default Re: 300,000 sq ft. Warehouse floor

    That was the first question, I know that if we could throw it down the old Sanitary sewer line I would have.

    Tony call me I may take you up on it.

    Call my cell anytime 215-416-2355
    Pressure washing in Pa.
    Brian Wendling
    Rolling Suds Inc.
    www.Rollingsudsinc.com

  • #13

    Default Re: 300,000 sq ft. Warehouse floor

    Let us know how you fair out Brian...best of luck!!
    [B]Carlos Gonzales[/B]
    [B]New Look Power Wash
    [URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com"]Pressure Wash in California[/URL][/B]
    [URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com/category/uncategorized"][B]California Pressure Washing Blog[/B][/URL]
    [B][URL="http://www.newlookpowerwash.com/california-pressure-wash-blog/pressure-wash-services-in-san-francisco.html"]Pressure Wash Services in San Francisco[/URL][/B]

  • #14

    Default Re: 300,000 sq ft. Warehouse floor

    Quote Originally Posted by FCPWLLC View Post
    That's $ 0.15 - 0.25/sqft all day long for that scope.
    I am amazed of how it keeps going up!! I dont care what market your in you are not getting .25 a sq ft for flatwork. Especially when you have 150,000 sq ft and up to clean normally you will get between .08 and .10 sq ft realisticly you will get between .04 to .06 sq ft. They all want a discount when there is alot of sq ft to clean, I have lost jobs with recovery @ .05 sq ft. So if your making .25 a sq ft all day long you are something special
    Nick Campanale / Since 1993
    Commercial Flat work, and anything else that can be washed!!

    727-919-1591

    http://nickspowerwash.com/

    cleaner2141@hotmail.com

  • #15

    Default Re: 300,000 sq ft. Warehouse floor

    you dont get that pay no more those days are gone
    Lonnie and Nikki Greenwood
    ANR Pressure Washing, Inc
    Deltona, Florida
    386-232-4388 Office
    386-473-6809 Cell
    lonnie@anrpressurewashing.com [url]www.anrpressurewashing.com
    serving the following states FL GA SC NC TN VA TX Or and states in between Go UAMCC!!!!!!!

  • #16

    Default Re: 300,000 sq ft. Warehouse floor

    I've never done a job below $0.065 a square foot, (that was a 165,000 sq ft plaza, no gum, all flatwork) and with reclamation nothing less than $0.14 a square foot.

    I'm doing a job tonight @ $0.18 square foot (lots of gum, 8,000 square foot)

    How can anyone make money at $0.05 a square foot ? Sure, there are "competitors" that are doing work here in Phoenix for $0.02 - $0.05 a square foot, but they're basically only blowing the dust off the ground.

    I understand these are troubling economic times, and many property owners/managers are looking for "cheap". My 1 major PM company is scaling back their budget since they are loosing tenets, and have asked me to scale down my scope of work, not quality. 1 example is instead of doing one of their 50,000 sq ft project 4 times a year, I have submitted my bids for next year to just do the entrance-ways every other service. This fits their budget.

    We have a chain of convenience stores here, Circle K. They are paying $25.00 per cleaning for a 2300 sq ft location, $125.00 for a 4 fuel island, 10,000 sq ft location. I watched a 2 man crew blow through a 10,000 sq ft location near my home about a month ago. They were in and out within an hour. No chemicals, no spinner, just 2 guys racing around with wands blowing off the dust.

    To make matters worse, they were spraying customers cars while they were entering or leaving. Watched the hose get run over twice. I sure wish I had my video camera with me.

    Quality work retains customers, and is the most valuable source of advertising.

  • #17

    Default Re: 300,000 sq ft. Warehouse floor

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeBusters View Post
    I've never done a job below $0.065 a square foot, (that was a 165,000 sq ft plaza, no gum, all flatwork) and with reclamation nothing less than $0.14 a square foot.

    I'm doing a job tonight @ $0.18 square foot (lots of gum, 8,000 square foot)

    How can anyone make money at $0.05 a square foot ? Sure, there are "competitors" that are doing work here in Phoenix for $0.02 - $0.05 a square foot, but they're basically only blowing the dust off the ground.

    I understand these are troubling economic times, and many property owners/managers are looking for "cheap". My 1 major PM company is scaling back their budget since they are loosing tenets, and have asked me to scale down my scope of work, not quality. 1 example is instead of doing one of their 50,000 sq ft project 4 times a year, I have submitted my bids for next year to just do the entrance-ways every other service. This fits their budget.

    We have a chain of convenience stores here, Circle K. They are paying $25.00 per cleaning for a 2300 sq ft location, $125.00 for a 4 fuel island, 10,000 sq ft location. I watched a 2 man crew blow through a 10,000 sq ft location near my home about a month ago. They were in and out within an hour. No chemicals, no spinner, just 2 guys racing around with wands blowing off the dust.

    To make matters worse, they were spraying customers cars while they were entering or leaving. Watched the hose get run over twice. I sure wish I had my video camera with me.

    Quality work retains customers, and is the most valuable source of advertising.
    I have been doing this a long time and they would laugh you right out of town if you told them 18 cents a sq ft. $1440.00 for 8000 sq ft, even with alot of gum that would take us 1.5 hours to do at most. It must be nice to make $960.00 an hour....
    Nick Campanale / Since 1993
    Commercial Flat work, and anything else that can be washed!!

    727-919-1591

    http://nickspowerwash.com/

    cleaner2141@hotmail.com

  • #18

    Default Re: 300,000 sq ft. Warehouse floor

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cleaner View Post
    I have been doing this a long time and they would laugh you right out of town if you told them 18 cents a sq ft. $1440.00 for 8000 sq ft, even with alot of gum that would take us 1.5 hours to do at most. It must be nice to make $960.00 an hour....
    I hear you Nick. I wish it was like that around here. I met a guy in Minn was getting $.25,man thats some bucks$$$$$$$$$$

    Happy New Year to you & yours Nick Yahoo

  • #19

    Default Re: 300,000 sq ft. Warehouse floor

    Quote Originally Posted by JL Pressure View Post
    I hear you Nick. I wish it was like that around here. I met a guy in Minn was getting $.25,man thats some bucks$$$$$$$$$$

    Happy New Year to you & yours Nick Yahoo
    Hey Jeff, Happy New Year to you and your family !!
    Nick Campanale / Since 1993
    Commercial Flat work, and anything else that can be washed!!

    727-919-1591

    http://nickspowerwash.com/

    cleaner2141@hotmail.com

  • #20

    Default Re: 300,000 sq ft. Warehouse floor

    Well we didn't get around to doing the project until last night. Took us 14.5 man hours; almost 10 man hours just on the gum. Must of been 5000+ pieces of gum, and since the property hadn't been cleaned in 10 years, the majority of the gum was very difficult.

    On this particular project, we also did all the exterior glass, including removal of glue and glue residue from one of the previous tenets (Hollywood Video) gluing their advertising to the exterior glass. The glass was an additional $225.00.

    I understand your point Nick. It is rare I get $0.18 a square foot, but this property was in terrible shape. If it was just the flatwork with minimal gum that hadn't baked in the sun for 10+ years, I would of bid it at $0.10 a square foot.

    Unless I am doing a property 4 times a year, any project I do under 10,000 square foot starts at $0.10 a square foot. I'm keeping busy and more and more work keeps coming my way, mostly from work of mouth advertising.

  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Single Sign On provided by vBSSO