• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Grease Containment

Carlos Gonzales

For those that are over on FaceBook...any thoughts and/or comments about Grease Containment products that are being promoted?

Like to hear about the product i.a. price, capability and etc.

HotShot

Driploc is my preferred grease containment product. Their stuff is field tested and made by hood cleaners for hood cleaners. All of their products are like that. Those guys know their stuff!

If you are a restuarant owner and need to keep grease off of your roof, ask for Driploc.

RMedbery

No grease containment system will work if you dont maintain it. The thing with Driploc is its a very simple system, easy and inexpensive to install, easy and inexpensive to maintain.

Heres an example of a system that is VERY expensive to install AND maintain, its also comparatively complicated to maintain. Because of that, it wasnt being maintained and therefor quickly failed.

DSCN0009.jpg

And heres the same fan with a Driploc installed. It looks the same after more than a year in service.

DSCN0018.jpg

cmturner

Dang I'm not a greaser but that is a big difference. Looks good! I bet cleaning that roof off is a pain in the butt, wouldn't be a big deal on the ground but I think I would have to pass up there.:headshakesmile-fast:pukey:

RMedbery

Yes, most never see their roof so most never care. Pretty much like exhaust cleaning, most never see anything but their hood, "hood dont look bad, Im good". Meanwhile they are paying 200 bucks to clean their sidewalk every 2 weeks, sidewalk aint gona burn their place down, but they do have to look at it every day.

Carlos Gonzales

Yes, most never see their roof so most never care. Pretty much like exhaust cleaning, most never see anything but their hood, "hood dont look bad, Im good". Meanwhile they are paying 200 bucks to clean their sidewalk every 2 weeks, sidewalk aint gona burn their place down, but they do have to look at it every day.

Good analogy....

just quoted a coffee chain to clean their sidewalks cause they have coffee spills that just look 'ungodly' ...according to the manager(s)....I know they don't have KEC issues but the same could be said for establishments in which KEC and Greas Containtiments are critical but ...as you said...they don't go on the roof nor do their customers so it is not a priority.

Don't know how it is in your service are Rog but up here I am finding alot of restaraunts that say ...ah it is the building owners responsibilty for what goes on with the roofs and/or the Property Manager. My biggest problem is getting through to the right person that makes those decisions. Nine times out of ten...he or she are like.."yea...sounds great...send me what you got and I will let you know...oh...by the way...what did you say you name was again....New Look Shower Wash...or what was it?" :)

cleanhoods

I agree with Roger all the rstaurants know is to look at the hood its self and they always say "hood looks good maybe next month".Also for grease containment i have only 2 that have this done and it isnt because they wanted to.The way to get these places to contain is the owner of the building and a good sales pitch,because if it isnt seen it isnt a problem to the restaurant in most cases.
Marko

cleanhoods

Also what i dont understand why isnt the control of the run off from cleaning the exhuast fans and exhaust filters made to be contained from contaminating our water systems,that would be more pay for us and we wouldnt be sending all that run off down the storm drains?They tell us to dump the cans from the hood down the grease trap but dont worry about the rest,lol.Funny system huh?
Marko

Michael Tessaro

Marko, Actually the grease runoff from the roof should be contained. It fall under EPA rules and best management practices. Nothing should be coming off the roof but pure water. If you create it you better contain it. Enforcement will eventually get stiffer.

cleanhoods

I understand what you are meaning but here in NC regulations is eather a new word to some or not even a word.If it doesnt get regulated you cant enforce it and the customers would laugh you out the door if you try.Our inspectors here are just under educated and have no knowledge or idea of this issue or how to solve the issue,heck they dont even care if the system ever gets degreased it is truly up to the owner of the building to decide that.
Marko

HotShot

You are right on, Rog. My marketing completely changed when I figured out that people buy what they WANT, not what they NEED.

Carlos Gonzales

You are right on, Rog. My marketing completely changed when I figured out that people buy what they WANT, not what they NEED.

And it takes a special person to master the art of selling in which one is able to convince people this is what they WANT....even though it is a NEED. :rolleyes:

HotShot

I don't know if it takes a special person as much as it takes a person just to realize it and then be able to adapt their marketing to it. I think anyone can do it, but it definitely goes against the grain and what 95% of other contractors do.

Alexy

I don't know if it takes a special person as much as it takes a person just to realize it and then be able to adapt their marketing to it. I think anyone can do it, but it definitely goes against the grain and what 95% of other contractors do.
Ant,
I think market for KEC is some of the most difficult aspects of the trade you have a very small window of time to get your presentation in.

welder

Ant,
I think market for KEC is some of the most difficult aspects of the trade you have a very small window of time to get your presentation in.

Usually that window is 10 days. from the time they get the letter to the time they will be shut down. Then they are WANTING your service.