• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Patent

cleanhoods

I was wandering does anyone know what you do when you have a usefull tool you made and want to patent it and put it in the market?
Marko

Ken Fenner

Hey Marko,

There are brokers and companies out there that will help you get an invention to market but its definitely a "buyer beware". For every one legitimate company there is another con man looking to exploit an idea or outright steal it. Most ideas are not really patent worthy. But, if you have something that could be the next big "it", its worthwhile to get it protected. Here is the government website to give you some more input:
http://www.uspto.gov/web/patents/howtopat.htm

cleanhoods

Thank you ken i will check it out.Just have a tool i have been using from the beginning and people are telling me all the time to put it to market.It would sell just dont know how to find a person willing to out it into market.It would be in the catagory of hood cleaning tools.
Marko

HotShot

marko....if you really do have a good tool that you want to sell, make sure you take the steps to patent it. Or else, you will be like me and make a video of your new tool, then somebody will steal it and put it up for sell on ebay like this. :(

cleanhoods

marko....if you really do have a good tool that you want to sell, make sure you take the steps to patent it. Or else, you will be like me and make a video of your new tool, then somebody will steal it and put it up for sell on ebay like this. :(

Anthony nice to see ya here.This really happened to you,sorry to hear that.Did you have a date of the video and if so cant you use that as leverage to claim royalitys?
Marko

HotShot

Good to see you too Marko, thanks for the welcome.

Nah, I'm not worried about it. I didn't make it for the money, I made it to help other greasers save money so they don't have to spend $300 on something they could make themselves for $30 like that ebay jerk is trying to do.

The plans for it are made available when one becomes an associate member of the Grease Police. I don't sell them to anybody else either.

cleanhoods

Looks preety simple to make>Wont explain into open since it is exclusive to TGP.But neat tol you made there.Does it really help though?
Marko

HotShot

Oh it's super simple... there are a couple little tricks that I have perfected to make it work better than a mossmatic that you can't see in the video, but it's still super simple to make and the parts should be at the local hardware store.

cleanhoods

Oh ya plus its a plus living here in the country too,dad in laws buddy can fab anything out of metal.You know he has a lathe and tools to accually fab out of metall,but the things there prob. a grainger trip lol.I acually have a scraper type tool on the plans that will be pretty cheap to make and be productive all the way down dad in laws other buddy which is the boss of both has an idea that he claims will be better then a magnet.When perfected i will show one day.
Marko