• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

I think it is time that I post the new Filter Design Layout photo's on

I think it is time that I post the new Filter Design Layout photo's on the Grime Scene and the UAMCC. This way everyone can see it or I should say from a distance. It won't be in detail, but it will give you a very basic understand of a filter.

For the last 2 weeks, it has been worked on installing all 2 and 3 inch copper tubbing. The trailer will be POWDER COATED to 7 mil thick. The wheels upgraded to 17.5 inch, Etc.... I am into it approaching another 20k.

I have been looking on the web and noticed the filters of " TODAY " have the same " BASIC " design, so there is really no reason why not to show you the rig any more other then a few details that manufactures have limited due to costs or are unwilling to design.

I will be making one upgrade that may not be ready by the time the unit is displayed. This upgrade is NOT in any current design as of today that I have found. I am in touch with a manufacture about the design, were that leads is anybodies guess, though I am not holding my breathe.

Jim Chesmore

Man-o-man why are you use 2" and 3" copper tubing? That stuff is expensive, bends easily, corrodes and is very high on the list of things people steal.

I have been plumbing my truck with 2", 1.5" and 1" PVC with some connections made with poly hoses or rubber connection things I got from the plumbing store. The rubber and poly allow for some flex.

Its good to see you are feeling better

Carlos Gonzales

Jim - looking forward in seeing whatever pics you deem suitable for posting. I am sure by posting them here and also the other BBS's folks will get a general sense of what you have been talking about relating to filters.

On another note, it is good to see you are feeling better.

Happy New Year Jim!

OK Guys,

Here is the latest on the development of the filtration unit.

We ran into a snag this week when our Powder Coating company that we used for the past 5 years has closed it's doors. This when the trailer is prep for the coating to take place this Monday.

We finally found another one locally. You see, the problem was the size of the ovens. Our trailer is 101 inches wide x 22 ft long.

You need to find the doors of the oven to be big enough to fit this trailer inside for baking.

Friday we are going to start the process of powder coating it to 7 mil thick.

What a day.

Jim Gamble
Crystal Cleaning Company LLC
Parking Garage Cleaning Experts for the San Francisco Bay Area
510-612-0437

Carlos Gonzales

OK Guys,

Here is the latest on the development of the filtration unit.

We ran into a snag this week when our Powder Coating company that we used for the past 5 years has closed it's doors. This when the trailer is prep for the coating to take place this Monday.

We finally found another one locally. You see, the problem was the size of the ovens. Our trailer is 101 inches wide x 22 ft long.

You need to find the doors of the oven to be big enough to fit this trailer inside for baking.

Friday we are going to start the process of powder coating it to 7 mil thick.

What a day.

Jim Gamble
Crystal Cleaning Company LLC
Parking Garage Cleaning Experts for the San Francisco Bay Area
510-612-0437

Hey Jim....I am going to be in San Ramon on Saturday...will you be around? If so call me on my cell (I will PM it to you) tomorrow.

344d6b0c5769.jpg

Here is another photo of the progress.

This area has been re enforced to handle 12,000 LBS. The aluminum tank will be place in such away that the sludge can empty through the bottom into 5 gallon buckets.

These valves will be manual for testing. Once confirmed, they will be electronic Valves to release the sludged and large debris automatically by either flicking a switch or by computer.

We are estimating over 500 yards of wiring for this rig.

a953d159192b-2.jpg

Here is the back end of the trailer. each post is 3x2 inch rectangular tube cold rolled steel.
The netting is 7 gauge steel with a non aggressive feel.

This area measure 5.75 feet by 8 feet wide. For now, this area will house a multiple of things.

Such as hoses, pipping, chemical etc.

We also are designing the unit to hold (2) ATVs if needed at a later date.

We are also designing some other equipment to pull these trailers in a garage so our trucks do not have to. These rigs will weigh in around 2,000 lbs each. They will drive up the ramps to park in this area.

This will be our next project in LATE 2010/ early 2011.

Seems a little overkill for a garage cleaning trailer. Is this plan going to get you cleaning much quicker?
Just my 2cents.

Everyone who deep cleans a multi level parking garage knows that sludge and oil is a real problem for filtration units.

This unit will be able to handle over 400 gallons of sludge and still operate at 40 GPM. This filtration unit exceeds the proposed 2020 requirements for discharge.

The function of any filter is to remove product from the water being collected. A filtration unit needs to be able to suspend and store that product. If you have a 5 gallon filtration unit, then you can only suspend less than 5 gallons.

For deep cleaning, this filtration should be about the right size. However, you can use a smaller unit, but you would need to by pass the unit when it fills up or have plans to empty the unit, clean it out, dispose of the class II waste in a legal manor by having the product picked up by a Lic, cert and fully insured company. Going rate is about $1.30 to $2.00 a gallon plus travel time at .95 a mile, plus wait time for the driver at $90 an hour. We did this once back in 1992. The cost was well over $17,000.

So in this case...bigger is better.