Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Chat! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Chat!

Default Re: Chat!

Quote Originally Posted by Clean Image View Post
    chat at FWA! giving away a PWNA membership! new chat Video Conferencing! 9EST
    Not sure a UAMCC BOD member should be advertising giving away a PWNA membership on the UAMCC BB, to help promote the BOD members BB. Not trying to be a B buster, I might be wrong, just seems wrong to me Trevor.

I'm all for chats though

Yeah...you have a double whammy....

Promoting his chats

Promoting PWNA, but he's a bod doing it on the site he sits on the bod for.

I agree with Jeff.....

Beth
    See Dirt Run!TM Inc.
    Log Home Maintenance & Restoration, Decks & House Washing
    Beth Borrego & Rod Rodriguez
    Office: 301-540-1243
    Germantown, MD * MHIC# 86481 * VHIC# 2705-126609 * BBB
    The Grime Scene BBS Forums

Sorry Trevor - I have to back up Jeff & Beth - I third the Tacky vote :(
    Roger Gothorp
    336-516-6139

chat at FWA! giving away a PWNA membership! new chat Video Conferencing! 9EST
    OK, that's hilarious.

If y'all are still around after the WCR chat (I didn't post a link don't crucify me) then I'll come and bust your nads a little.
    Thad Eckhoff
    Apex Services
    (601) 329-5819

I joined the UAMCC to grow my business and help unite the industry. I do not look at the PWNA and the UAMCC as "competition" I can understand why this would turn brows but I did not break any forum rules.

The PWNA and the UAMCC are DIRECT competitors. Infact, the founder of both was Robert Hinderliter, he founded UAMCC when he became disenchanted with PWNA. We had many discussions about it. Also the original by-laws of the UAMCC came from the old PWNA by-laws. Yes there were some tweaks, but much of it is the same. Need I say more? Both have contractors and vendors as members. Etc., etc., etc.,,,,

Beth
    See Dirt Run!TM Inc.
    Log Home Maintenance & Restoration, Decks & House Washing
    Beth Borrego & Rod Rodriguez
    Office: 301-540-1243
    Germantown, MD * MHIC# 86481 * VHIC# 2705-126609 * BBB
    The Grime Scene BBS Forums

I joined the UAMCC to grow my business and help unite the industry. I do not look at the PWNA and the UAMCC as "competition" I can understand why this would turn brows but I did not break any forum rules.
    Trevor, that's a pretty thin line to walk in my opinion. I think your chat is a neat asset for the industry, however, "I did not break any forum rules" versus possibly offending members or vendor members with the promotion of an income producing site offering a free membership provided by another BBS to yet another organization might get a little blurry in its ultimate goal......which was?

And especially considering your position as an Executive BOD member, unfortunately - you're stuck with having to set the exemplary example of how NOT to walk a treacherous path.

Don't think that I am now plopping another issue on the BOD plate with BBS promotions - I'm not.

This would be a good example of what an oversight committee (if it were IN PLACE) may bring to the Web Committee - if they were in place.

One thing that I think EVERYONE should be well acquainted with these days is PERCEPTION. It has been the downfall of many good intentions. I think your intention is good and the service that FWA is good but promoting the way you did earlier in this thread, maybe not so much. This is just MY opinion though.
    Roger Gothorp
    336-516-6139

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information