• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Federal Buildings?

Carlos Gonzales

I was asked to bid on a federal building in S.F. Anybody do work for the FEDS and if so...is there anything I need to know about relating to contract docs or anything?

Thanks for the help

Doug Tripp

Carlos,

first you need a DUNS number, then register on the CCR, then you will need a CAGE number.

I've looked at a few but never bid yet.

Jim Cooney

Ditto the post above, plus a lot of patience. Its a long, drawn out process. That being said, I would assume very few PW companies go through with all the required hoops to juum through.

Remember all Federal projects require reclamation.

Carlos Gonzales

Carlos,

first you need a DUNS number, then register on the CCR, then you will need a CAGE number.

I've looked at a few but never bid yet.

Thanks Doug. I knew there was more to it than that. I have a DUNS # (I think we set that up years ago).

The reason that I ask is because I went and looked at the bldg. ~ it houses the FBI by the way - anyway as I was doing the walk around with the representative that called me in the first place....I asked about all the forms that I need to fill out for the contract and etc. Plus I told him that I needed a few days to get pricing on lifts and lighting for such a big building. Plus on one side of the building I would need to shut a lane of traffic down, etc. etc. He was like, oh we need your estimate/proposal tomorrow. :eek:

Jay Rissler

I had a couple of those bids come up that needed a bid by tomorrow. I
f it something small yea no problem but if it something big you need just a lil time to think about it. Plus beings it with the Gov. you think they would give a some time to work on it.
Some of those are the ones that can drive you crazy!!

Carlos Gonzales

I had a couple of those bids come up that needed a bid by tomorrow. I
f it something small yea no problem but if it something big you need just a lil time to think about it. Plus beings it with the Gov. you think they would give a some time to work on it.
Some of those are the ones that can drive you crazy!!

This one was a 6 story building. Had my lift quotes and lighting quotes but after thinking about it for a day I realized this was a tad bit much for me to bite at. Thanks for your input!

Alexy

Dunns and then you need listing on the GSA schedule. we do cleaning for the navy on ships at dock and federal buildings in the DC area and you must be pre-qualified to even bid on the work with them and once you bid you then must have a clearance for each crew member and a pre job vehicle and equipment inspection at the facility.
If any of the crew has a felony criminal history or is on any form of active probation they will not be allowed on the site and you will get a call from OPM about why you would bring people like tha to a fed job.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
I can absolutely tell you that the requirements for bidding are sometimes determined by the amount of time they have to get the job done!

I received a call from a Navy Admiral's office asking me to submit a bid on their building. They needed a 3rd bid and the job had to be completed within 1 or 2 weeks. (Some big-shot brass was retiring and they wanted to take pictures in front of their building.) I submitted a bid of approx $1450 (They wanted it cleaned 2 x/year) and assured them that the building would not need a second cleaning within one year, but they could call me and it would be done. (I put that in my bid.)

Wen I called to verify the fax number, I was asked my total. I said "14 something" and was asked "thousand?" I found out - after I completed the work (one day, one person) that the other bids were 5 to 12 thousand for a 2 x cleaning! They never did call for a second cleaning. And they found me in the phone book.

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
Carlos we have serviced both an FBI account and the Homeland Security anti terrorism Nuclear division here in Las Vegas and had zero additional requirements other than 1 mil liability and workers comp. This isn't just bid work. This is completed, billed and paid work. Maybe it differs in other places.

Carlos Gonzales

Carlos we have serviced both an FBI account and the Homeland Security anti terrorism Nuclear division here in Las Vegas and had zero additional requirements other than 1 mil liability and workers comp. This isn't just bid work. This is completed, billed and paid work. Maybe it differs in other places.

I do know that they (federal building) got my contact info from the State of California due to my cert. status there. They told me that. They seemed anxious to give me a great shot of getting the contract but needed the estimate/contract from me asap.

In my research of lifts and lighting for pricing....I had to go as far as Las Vegas (AHERN Rentals off Arville St) for a quote.

Quote for a 86' Telescoping was going for 2500 a week and 2 1000w light with a 28-30' reach was going for 664 a week.

I just couldn't get the numbers on paper quick enough for them. Also too I had the issue of having to close down a street for the one side of the building. If my memory serves me correct you need a certification for that. I think Scott S. told me this a while back.

Anyway...the next one that rolls through...I will be more prepared.

Roger Gothorp

I haven't read this entire thread so just disregard if this has been put out there already - most GL doesn't cover over 3 stories so doing a 6 story building won't be covered. Might just want to make sure that you have enough coverage from that direction.

Carlos Gonzales

I haven't read this entire thread so just disregard if this has been put out there already - most GL doesn't cover over 3 stories so doing a 6 story building won't be covered. Might just want to make sure that you have enough coverage from that direction.

You are correct C and that was one of my "sticky points" on this. Because of my vertigo ...I get dizzy standing on a chair...imagine me up 3 stories...nope...aint happening.

Same thing with tank cleaning...most policies don't cover that!

You know Carlos, the Trans America building was pressure washed for over 1 million dollars a while back.

Granted, thats like 30 or 40+ stories, the streets was closed, traffic a bear near the building, The set up cost must of been huge !!!! it took then a month or two to clean.

but.....

1 Million Dollars.

Now thats a building wash !!!

Carlos Gonzales

You know Carlos, the Trans America building was pressure washed for over 1 million dollars a while back.

Granted, thats like 30 or 40+ stories, the streets was closed, traffic a bear near the building, The set up cost must of been huge !!!! it took then a month or two to clean.

but.....

1 Million Dollars.

Now thats a building wash !!!

Yep....

The building I am referring to is next to City Hall in S.F.

Roger Gothorp

You are correct C and that was one of my "sticky points" on this. Because of my vertigo ...I get dizzy standing on a chair...imagine me up 3 stories...nope...aint happening.

Same thing with tank cleaning...most policies don't cover that!

Why would YOU be the one up there anyway? I'd be sticking the hourly guy up in the air :) You wash alone?

Carlos Gonzales

Why would YOU be the one up there anyway? I'd be sticking the hourly guy up in the air :) You wash alone?

Right now I do Celeste...I have streamlined everything about New Look including the people that worked or did work for me. I am going in another direction with alot of things including the landscaping. I have come to realize that the $$$ is NOT what is important in my life.

I have a very sick daughter....sicker than what I tell people. Life is too short. The fancy vacations, the expensive cars....all the "Bling Bling" in life is just that...BLING.

I'd sooner have 5 bucks in my wallet and know that my daughter feels the love from me vs. 5000 in my wallet and her asking her mom when is Daddy going to be home.

The money...been there done that. I had 12 employees at one time working for me. Made damn good money...lots of it - BUT....my daughter started growing up without me around and....well...I just need to be here for her and my wife! Time for me to slow things down and value what I have and what I can count on ~ which is family!

Tim Fields

I'd sooner have 5 bucks in my wallet and know that my daughter feels the love from me vs. 5000 in my wallet and her asking her mom when is Daddy going to be home.

The money...been there done that. I had 12 employees at one time working for me. Made damn good money...lots of it - BUT....my daughter started growing up without me around and....well...I just need to be here for her and my wife! Time for me to slow things down and value what I have and what I can count on ~ which is family!

Way to go Carlos!

I always took you to be a smart man.

Now I see you as a wise man too.

You will not regret the shifting of priorities.

Jeremy Clark

Carlos- I know you would have to get an encroachment permit from the city, which entails traffic plans, big fee's especially for shutting down a whole lane of traffic ( I dug a sewer line through a sidewalk and the encroachment permit was $800), flaggers, and so on..........

If your looking for some local help on larger projects I'm located in Marin and would be more than happy and willing to help out.

I especially dig what you wrote about the family, and great to hear someone is bidding Federal work on the board.

Carlos Gonzales

Carlos- I know you would have to get an encroachment permit from the city, which entails traffic plans, big fee's especially for shutting down a whole lane of traffic ( I dug a sewer line through a sidewalk and the encroachment permit was $800), flaggers, and so on..........

If your looking for some local help on larger projects I'm located in Marin and would be more than happy and willing to help out.

I especially dig what you wrote about the family, and great to hear someone is bidding Federal work on the board.

Jeremy,

We need to do the Ronald McDonald House in Sacrament for the UAMCC "Wash With Us Campaign" in March/April.

I also will most certainly call you about some things. I have some irons in the fire with a property management group in S.F. BIG COMPANY...I did work for them 2 years ago ....18k in San Mateo. Had to put my 3 guys up in a room for 2 nights. Great work. Anyway...I know the VP...lives up the street from me. I made contact with him the other day. Very promising stuff coming up.

We should get together man and have lunch or something! Let me know.

Carlos Gonzales

Way to go Carlos!

I always took you to be a smart man.

Now I see you as a wise man too.

You will not regret the shifting of priorities.

Thanks Tim...its a crazy world we live in and sometimes things happen beyond our control and at the end of the day you question what you have accomplished.

I appreciate your comment bro...best to you in ohhhh ten!!!