• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Hooking machines togeter!!!

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member
Question: Can you hook two 5.5gal per min machines together via a "T" and come out with 11 gal pre minute at the end of your ball valve? Has anyone ever done this? I believe this will work great for rinsing both residential and commercial. Any thoughts?

Jeff Jacobs

Contributing Member
The guy I bought my biz from was hooking up 2, 4gpm machines together. I see no reason why it wouldn't work the same. Does that double the pressure also? That might be a problem.

Doug Tripp

Jim,

It's not a problem to do it. If both machines have pressure trapping unloaders, just "T" them together. Be carefull of your hose diameter, with 11 gpm you will have a lot of pressure loss due to friction. I'd go to 1/2 inch hose.

If your machine are flow unloaders, you will need to add check valves. RAHSCO has the hose/ check valves all made up if you want to go that way.

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member
Jim,

It's not a problem to do it. If both machines have pressure trapping unloaders, just "T" them together. Be carefull of your hose diameter, with 11 gpm you will have a lot of pressure loss due to friction. I'd go to 1/2 inch hose.

If your machine are flow unloaders, you will need to add check valves. RAHSCO has the hose/ check valves all made up if you want to go that way.

How can I check about my unloaders. Any markings on them. I will most likely have to call the company I bought them from. I quess I answered my own question. Its early!:sleepey:

plainpainter

I did it - works great, you know if you have flow unloaders if the pressure buildup is gradual once you pull the trigger vs. pressure unloaders that have that characteristic snap back when you pull the trigger. My experience is that after you 'T' both machines together and route them through a 3/8" hose-reel system - you are capped at 9 gpm's. And nothing but an open 3/8" plug is enough to lower pressure in order to downstream.
Although some guys claim to have 10gpm machines running through 3/8" and downstreaming fine - I have a hard time believing it. I even removed my hose reel from the equation and used free standing hose to see if that would help - nada. You need to go with 1/2" hose. But rinsing with even 9 gpm's is totally sick. I ran it through a 4040 tip - which I normally downstream through - and it was insane at rinsing. You could rinse a whole house in 5 minutes flat.

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member
I did it - works great, you know if you have flow unloaders if the pressure buildup is gradual once you pull the trigger vs. pressure unloaders that have that characteristic snap back when you pull the trigger. My experience is that after you 'T' both machines together and route them through a 3/8" hose-reel system - you are capped at 9 gpm's. And nothing but an open 3/8" plug is enough to lower pressure in order to downstream.
Although some guys claim to have 10gpm machines running through 3/8" and downstreaming fine - I have a hard time believing it. I even removed my hose reel from the equation and used free standing hose to see if that would help - nada. You need to go with 1/2" hose. But rinsing with even 9 gpm's is totally sick. I ran it through a 4040 tip - which I normally downstream through - and it was insane at rinsing. You could rinse a whole house in 5 minutes flat.

Ok, I hooked up both machines this morning and WOW! This will help rinsing down our shopping centers. I did have a problem! When I let off the pressure the hose reel kicked back and broke the stop. So be it i can fix that. Thanks guys!!!

Florin Nutu

I had a 12gpm downstream thru 3/8 hose

plainpainter

I had a 12gpm downstream thru 3/8 hose

Did you actually time a minute and measure the output? I went so far as to test each machine separately through a 100' stand alone hose to benchmark each machine - and then I T'd both machines with whip lines into this common 3/8" hose - without going through a hose reel. I was never able to get past 9 gallons - when my theoretical max was 11 gallons. And certainly the pressure was too high to draw unless I only had an open 3/8" plug.

Florin Nutu

I will be honest I never did. Once I get it back up I will test it. It wasnt tied together rig. Maybe that makes a difference. Also the pump was not a high psi pump either. It only had a 1200psi rating. The ump I use now is an 8.5gpm which I will do the output test today.

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
I tested to 9 gpm too at 2800psi using a 6gpm and a 5.5 gpm through 425 ft of hose

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2