• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Bob Villas suggestion on wood cleaning

cleanhoods

Sorry all didnt know about the impact of this so i erased this so it doesnt affend anyone.And again i am sorry.Note to self with smack on hand:Bad Bad marko no home owner stuff:
Marko

Roger Gothorp

Marko - I'm going to apologize right up front if I seem rude - but you keep putting up DIY stuff. What makes you think that professionals want to read/use DIY stuff?

A lot of us have to re-educate homeowners because of the DIY stuff of the world.

Ken Fenner

I have to agree with Celeste. All we really end up doing is helping these videos and websites rank higher and generate more traffic. Stick here for advice and techniques from professionals. Bob Villa, Tim Carter and all of that ilk actually hurt our industry by promoting poor methods of cleaning.

cleanhoods

I have to agree with Celeste. All we really end up doing is helping these videos and websites rank higher and generate more traffic. Stick here for advice and techniques from professionals. Bob Villa, Tim Carter and all of that ilk actually hurt our industry by promoting poor methods of cleaning.

Didnt know that thouht i was helping.I have always used sh and bleach just was wandering but if you like go ahead and remove this thread.Def. dont want to give out the wrong ideas!!!!!
Marko

Ken Fenner

No, I'm not going to delete the thread. Your intentions were good. If you truly want to know they way the majority of wood professionals clean and prep wood, there are plenty here that can guide you. I also own a DIY company that sells deck restoration cleaners and stains. I don't want to list the URL here but I will PM you the link. My site has details on the approach most of us use. There are guys/gals that use bleach but there are pitfalls to using it if you do not know what you are doing.

cleanhoods

No, I'm not going to delete the thread. Your intentions were good. If you truly want to know they way the majority of wood professionals clean and prep wood, there are plenty here that can guide you. I also own a DIY company that sells deck restoration cleaners and stains. I don't want to list the URL here but I will PM you the link. My site has details on the approach most of us use. There are guys/gals that use bleach but there are pitfalls to using it if you do not know what you are doing.

So you want me to put back the link to this thread?
Marko

Scott Stone

Did not see the post, but you can usually follow the money, and Bob Vila is VERY good at sniffing it out, and putting it in his pocket. :got-hooligan:

James Foley

It never ceases to amaze me any more at the level of information given to the public as an example of how something should be done. And even some info given by so called Wood Experts have the "Cringe Factor".

cleanhoods

The fact is its all about the mighty $$$$$$$$.There is no information that is secret! I thought for years(,and i have been doing KEC since 97 and known about it since i was 16 now 34,) what i do and how i did it was a secret, then come on the net and now i see nothing really is just your style is the only thing thats a secret,but there are always good ideas and room for improvement.
Marko