• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

SH & Dawn; How much are you paying for it?

Bob Gomez

The temps are usually above 60 degrees. I'm not sure I have enough dawn in my solution. The run off is apparent. What about your mix and application process. We have lots of work out here and we are fairly new at roof cleaning. I know pressure is not good and would really like to be doing this properly. My roofs would be a mess if I didn't rinse them. On a typical 1500 square foot house we would use about 8-10 gallons of SH. Does that sound low? Let me know your thoughts. Thnks for the input. Bob G

Chris Tucker

We pay 95 cents a gallon for our SH, but we buy quite a bit, and we can bargain with our suppliers. Economy in Tampa is not good, so I told several suppliers, this is what I will pay, or your chit can sit there, and turn to salt water !
I buy all my chlorine stable surfactants direct in 55 gallon drums.
But I highly suggest roof snot for those who buy smaller amounts.
You can get it from Russ Johnson:)

John Burdine Jr

Contributing Member
I'm happy to pay 2.35ish at quantity 55 gallon. Regarding your mix Mr. Gomez, I'd say its way too strong. Just leave the lichen and moss up there, over time they will come off. Its all about setting expectations with clients before the cleaning when lichen and moss are present.

Bill Booz

UAMCC Board of Directors
Thanks Chris, Good to hear from you.

We got it down to about $2.00 a gallon. But we have paid as much as $3.34 a gallon in MD.
Pressure Point is correct that the Moss and lichen will generally fall off. We do occasionally remove it, but most of the time it gets left behind.

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
I pay $1.75 a gallon, delivered to my home. The supplier, supplied me with a 125 gallon tank, and I call in when I need it filled. It is usually filled that day or the next at the latest.

Chris Tucker

Thanks Chris, Good to hear from you.

We got it down to about $2.00 a gallon. But we have paid as much as $3.34 a gallon in MD.
Pressure Point is correct that the Moss and lichen will generally fall off. We do occasionally remove it, but most of the time it gets left behind.
2 dollars a gallon aint bad for Maryland. We pay double for Blue Crabs down here in Tampa:)

AC Lockyer

UAMCC Associate Member
Be weary of using some soaps and bleach. If not SPECIFICALLY tested and compatible with the dilution strengths we use and (not just for laundry or water treatment) chloromines and halothormes can be released and these are known cancer causing agents. Please be sure that you are using a product specifically engineered for mixing with HIGH CONCENTRATIONS of bleach like we do in roof & exterior soft washing. There are many types of Dawn as well and several have a specific warning against mixing with bleach. Also notice the ingredient lauramine oxide. I have questions about the compatibility of this surfactant and bleach. see pics.

AC

Attachments

• IMAG0543.jpg
    IMAG0543.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMAG0545.jpg
    IMAG0545.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMAG0546.jpg
    IMAG0546.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 59

Guy Blackmon

We"re paying about $2.50 per gal which may sound high but that using a PW supplier that also works on our equipment if we have a major breakdown. It's also delivered right to the door. All we do is make a phone call and it's done, so we don't have to tie up time, money, and resources looking for the lowest price then going and getting it ourselves.

We use Contractor Grade roof surfactants.

AC Lockyer

UAMCC Associate Member
We"re paying about $2.50 per gal which may sound high but that using a PW supplier that also works on our equipment if we have a major breakdown. It's also delivered right to the door. All we do is make a phone call and it's done, so we don't have to tie up time, money, and resources looking for the lowest price then going and getting it ourselves.

We use Contractor Grade roof surfactants.

Most of all its important to support the local small business!