Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: SH & Dawn; How much are you paying for it?

Default Re: SH & Dawn; How much are you paying for it?

Quote Originally Posted by AC Lockyer View Post
    Be weary of using some soaps and bleach. If not SPECIFICALLY tested and compatible with the dilution strengths we use and (not just for laundry or water treatment) chloromines and halothormes can be released and these are known cancer causing agents. Please be sure that you are using a product specifically engineered for mixing with HIGH CONCENTRATIONS of bleach like we do in roof & exterior soft washing. There are many types of Dawn as well and several have a specific warning against mixing with bleach. Also notice the ingredient lauramine oxide. I have questions about the compatibility of this surfactant and bleach. see pics.

AC
    Well, let me put your mind at ease. Lauramine Oxide (Ammonyx LO) is unconditionally Chlorine Stable. It is the OTHER stuff in Dawn that is non bleach compatible. Besides, who uses Dawn anymore, when Liquid Gain Ultra Original Scent is better ?
    Gain smells much better too, and enough of it in your mix does a much better job of masking the smell of Chlorine, then Dawn could ever hope to do.
    LOL, The Liquid Gain Ultra Original Scent has become the "go to" store bought roof cleaning surfactant of choice for Non Rinsing Roof Cleaners, for this reason.
    When the rain hits all that dried on Gain, lots of good smelling little bubbles come of the roof, vs your customers home smelling like a swimming pool.

Let's talk about both Gain and Dawn "Non Bleach Compatibility" for a moment . Both are made by Proctor and Gamble, who doesn't want Mama pouring either soaps into a sink filled with bleach, in an inside the house situation.
    But, in an outside situation like roof cleaning, pouring a little Dawn or Gain into a tank of 50 or more gallons of much stronger Sodium Hypochlorite, here is what happens. The small amounts on non bleach compatible stuff in the Dawn and Gain are quickly Eaten Up (oxidized) by all that Sodium Hypochlorite.
    Think about it for a minute AC ? Zillions of pressure washers and roof cleaners have used Dawn and Gain for years, in their mix.
    I know none that have died of Cancer, and I have been teaching roof cleaning on the Internet nearly 15 years.

Also, FYI, nearly the entire family of Lauramine Oxide Surfactants are Chlorine Stable. To say Lauramine Oxide is not Chlorine Stable, is to say Roof Snot is not Chlorine Stable !
    Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida
    711 Westbrook Ave
    Brandon, Florida 33511
    813 655 8777
    Click Here To See Our Website
    Roof Cleaning Certification Training
    Tampa FL Roof Cleaning Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Evans View Post
    Do you feel there would be a hazardous reaction between them AC?
    Lauramine Oxide is commonly called Ammonyx LO. It is unconditionally Chlorine Stable.

Even our most rookie roof cleaners at the RCIA know that Lauramine Oxide is Chlorine Stable.
    Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida
    711 Westbrook Ave
    Brandon, Florida 33511
    813 655 8777
    Click Here To See Our Website
    Roof Cleaning Certification Training
    Tampa FL Roof Cleaning Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Evans View Post
    Do you feel there would be a hazardous reaction between them AC?
    Tony,

I cant say for sure. I do know that there is an oxide in the name and I am not a chemist, but I just want people to ask questions instead of gambling with their health. Please contact a chemist. I am not a chemist. I have employed a chemist to assure me about our products. I have also strayed away from creating other products for our line because of potential reactions with bleach and our other chemicals.

AC
    Check Out The Family Of SoftWash Systems Chemicals On Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa View Post

Think about it for a minute AC ? Zillions of pressure washers and roof cleaners have used Dawn and Gain for years, in their mix.
    I know none that have died of Cancer, and I have been teaching roof cleaning on the Internet nearly 15 years.
    Chris,

Are you a chemist? Don't you have emphysema? It's hard to carry on a conversation with you without you coughing up a lung.

We just need to ask questions and be absolutely sure. I want to live to see my great grandchildren.

AC

Actually what would really be cool is if an association like the RCIA take some of its funding and hire a chemist to identify what if any issues there are in using some soaps with bleach and water solutions especially in the strengths roof cleaners use bleach and those soaps. Known test data that does exist now is measured in PPM or parts per million. Our strengths are way higher than that.

Chris, maybe the RCIA could make this happen by...

1. Using the revenues from your certification program to hire a chemist or pay for a study at a major university.

2. Maybe put up a Paypal link on your RCIA website and allow the membership to raise funding for such a study.

3. Have one of your multi-million dollar roof cleaners sponsor such and effort and pay for the study for the RCIA.

4. Have one of your RCIA friendly vendors pay for the study for the RCIA.

Just a few suggestions.

AC

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Jacobs View Post
    SH & Dawn; How much are you paying for it?
    Just trying to get a feel for pricing.
    I love HASA

Anyone have a good connect for SH in NY. Specifically Long Island area. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using UAMCC mobile app
    Hugo Hugasian
    On Point Power Wash
    Veteran Owned & Operated
    onpointpowerwash@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Hugasian View Post
    Anyone have a good connect for SH in NY. Specifically Long Island area. Thank you.

Univar in bulk

what is HASA?

Quote Originally Posted by Kory Finley View Post
    what is HASA?
    Is who I get my bleach from in Texas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doug Rucker-Owner/Operator
    Certified NCE Instructor
    We own and operate a School for Pressure Washing, Roof Cleaning, and Soft Washing http://www.pressurecleaningschool.com
    Check out our ONLINE PRESSURE WASHING SCHOOL with over 160 videos https://www.pressurecleaningschool.c...ashing-school/
    Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com

• Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread Information