• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Ultra Dawn

Mike Fox

I'm hoping someone can help. How much "Ultra" Apple Dawn should be used in 35 gallon tank to clean an asphalt roof???

35 Gallon Tank setup:
17.5 SH 10.2% (Just had it tested.)
17.5 Water
??? ounces Ultra Dawn

Thanks!!!!

Don M.

I thought the Ultra has a label on it saying not to use with bleach.

I use Joy Lemon. No problems. 40 gallons of mix I use 16 oz

Brian Schrecengost

Contributing Member
use 1/2 gal your regular degreaser. roofs dont have glass who cares what kind of soap you use. and i know roofs are made of petroleum and degreaser breaks it but not at that ratio

Jon Chapman

If you are concerned with fumes, where a respirator. The ratio you use isn't going to cause your tank to explode, and just plaing bleach will give you fumes you will not like and seriously regret not using a respirator.
The dawn, or any soap for that matter give the bleach some cling and penetrating action. but where a respirator.

Randall Brooks

Just a little tid bit I learned while going through the fire academy is that soap allows water to penetrate 300 percent more than just plain water will by itself. Thats why every fire truck has a big bottle of dish soap to squirt in trash can fires or matrices.

Hot water works better because it is 37 times more abrasive than cold water. Thats why it's almost always the hot water hose that blows on washing machines.

Randy Borio

Hey guys, mixing the Ultra which I am guessing has ammonia, with bleach gives off a gas that I believe is called Hydrogen Cyanide, the same thing that was used in gas chambers. Even with an AIR PURIFYING respirator in a small area like an enclosed truck or trailer YOU WILL DIE. You need a SUPPLIED AIR respirator. I like you all to much to let you try that alone. Friends don't let friends breathe bad air. Learned this one in HAZ-MAT school at the real job. We have cyanide so we had to learn that stuff.

Chris Tucker

Dish Soap for roof cleaning is horribly dated. The new chlorine stable surfactants like Myristamine Oxide and Lauramine have replaced dish soap.

Chris Tucker

Automatic Dishwasher Soap Liquid Gel works real well in a pinch too. Just be sure to get the kind that HAS Sodium Hypochlorite Bleach in it. It will say so if you read the ingredients. This assures you of a Chlorine stable surfactant.