• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Weather talk

cleanhoods

Just blabbing of the weather.Who else lives in a area where weather one day is one thing then the next is different.
Sunday all day was just rain by the 3rd job Sunday night it was flooding rain lighting and so on.We had roads washed out just alot that night,lol what fun that was.Then i go Monday to a job and snowing at 10 degrees. Talking about night and day huh,lol.:coool: Be safe all.
Marko

cleanhoods

Man last night got about 6 inches of snow had to put the chains on,slow ride but got to where i had to go.Got my welding done GDS busted a gate and the same customers mailbox got hit lol but heck work is work. Got home then the wife wanted to got to Walmart we get there all the selves are empty.One box of eggs left,5 dozen,lol gotta eat alot of eggs,no hamburger left just wierd,heck i guess Wally world made some money for sure,lol.
Sunday is 2 mountain hood cleanings and from what i heard it is about 10+ inches up there. Fun in the winter anyway i guess i will continue to chat with my self,lol.Have fun and be safe all!!!!!:rolleyes:
Marko

cleanhoods

71 degrees here and sunny today.

Okay, I'll shut-up now.

:Smiley-2010:
Man that is nice weather there.Kicking back t shirt weather.Lucky dog you.Here it is cold roads are covered expecting more to dump on us.Going to Blowing Rock in the morning to wash a hood then got to be in Morganton at 9pm which it will be 9 degrees and i think tha is gonna suck,but gotta work 6 kids and a wife i support,lol.work,workwork,lol.:worshippy:
Marko

HotShot

yeah, yesterday we had a few clouds, then today I thought I was going to have to put on long sleeves, but I didn't.

Jim Cooney

Man that is nice weather there.Kicking back t shirt weather.Lucky dog you.Here it is cold roads are covered expecting more to dump on us.Going to Blowing Rock in the morning to wash a hood then got to be in Morganton at 9pm which it will be 9 degrees and i think tha is gonna suck,but gotta work 6 kids and a wife i support,lol.work,workwork,lol.:worshippy:
Marko

Marko, Come out and visit Phoenix in July or August. Then you'll know what it feels like living and working in a pizza oven. The water evaporates as soon as it hits the concrete.

Lonnie Greenwood

Marko, Come out and visit Phoenix in July or August. Then you'll know what it feels like living and working in a pizza oven. The water evaporates as soon as it hits the concrete.

Hot here in the summer too. When you walk outside it takes the breath right out of you. You can actually feel the heat suck the O2 out of your lungs.

I welcome the 40-50 degree weather. it's a nice refreshing break.

Florin Nutu

Sounds great Florin. I hope things are going well for you. Keeping busy I hope.

Nikki

Very busy. Have three monster roofs lined up. One of them I thought I was going to finish on Friday but it required a 40' ladder to get to peak area of the roof. Got about 36' up the ladder and I chickened out:saai:. Shouldnt have looked down:rolleyes:. Gonna rent a lift on Monday and finish it. Priced it enough to where I am able to do that and still be profitable. Got alot of commercial demos lined up for Tuesday as well.

Alexy

It has been 6 to 21 degrees below zero at night and we are tuffing it out to keep somewhere near schedule. The ice is what kills us not only on the jobs but just getting to the jobs.
Hey florin can I PM you about cleaning a cedar shake house? ( Mine) I know I have the equipment to do it just need some specifics.

Last edited:

cleanhoods

when i was a teenager i was in Tempe ( i believe) Arizona and its hot in the day.I know one thing i hate working in 90-100 degree weather up here during the day,straw hat and plenty of water!!Heck you can be but neckid(lo)and your still hot but the cold you can dress.Cold isnt bad its the roads lots of hills here.:rolleyes:
Marko:coool:

cleanhoods

It has been 6 to 21 degrees below zero at night and we are tuffing it out to keep somewhere nar schedule. The ice is what kills us not only on the jobs but just getting to the jobs.
Hey florin can I PM you about cleaning a cedar shake house? ( Mine) I know I have the equipment to do it just need some specifics.
Alexy tonight we are having ice and thursday night- Saturday snow.For icey roads and snow get tire chains (about a 100.00 but well worth it, you make it to work!!)chains on your truck.Max speed on them 35, so plan for extra time to drive,Remember chains only drive but really dont stop (but better then none) so allow for distance.Get the jobs and be safe.
Marko:cool:

Roger Gothorp

NC weather is just awful - we are held up on two BIG sealing jobs.....this is just NOT fun (although we are making progress in the kitchen remodel as long as it doesn't require spending money!)

cleanhoods

Yes i know one day we are fair weather then the next snow,lol.Good luck.
Last night was in the 20's which isnt to bad.Tonight for our area a winter storm is going to start.5 inches of snow then a ice sheating over that this storm will end Saturday from what they say.So be safe all.One thing the last few nights coming home i have run into black ice now that stuff will wake you up.lol.
Marko