• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

HVAC....where?

Double07

I guess this section would better be represented by hVac:biggrin:

Whats up guys? I'm just here to play with all the cool smilies:redcard::10laughs:

Douglas Hicks

If you did not know, HVAC is just one step below flat work. I hear some HVAC guys even work on stoves! Exhaust cleaning is where the real work is. Be nice and we might set you up with some grease, chineese if you are real good. I just spent 2 days in a Golden Resturant, & I could send you some grease if you like.

Nice to see you here Mr. Finn.

Double07

Hicks I only work on coleman stoves. Actually I buy a new one at Wal-Mart and replace the customers and charge them double for repair and cleaning!

Josh Dodson

I havent even tried the smilies yet.

hahaha....:ban:

we need one of these at TGP.

and on of these :ttiwwp:

and one of these :hijack:

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
Hello Guys, I'm a little late getting in and and I already know KEC is harder than what I do so you can go ahead hit me with it.:Smiley-2041:

But....If your work is harder......and I make the same money.....hmmm.

Should you guys really be giving me a hard time?

:Smiley-2101:

Hey the smileys are kindof fun.

Last edited:

Double07

Looks like a good crew in the HVAC and Hood Section.

Welcome guys. I brought Tony over to bring order around here!!! LOL :got-hooligan:

We shall not respect his authoriti! Citing the jurisdictional boundries of what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Just kidding what's up Tony. Are you a fellow freon sniffer or a grease junkie? We need to know what type of animal we are dealing with here.:grim::eeeeeek:

Tony Shelton

We shall not respect his authoriti! Citing the jurisdictional boundries of what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Just kidding what's up Tony. Are you a fellow freon sniffer or a grease junkie? We need to know what type of animal we are dealing with here.:grim::eeeeeek:

I guess I'm a choker. We clean HVAC air filters and coils. No grease, no freon, just a lot of coughing.....

Double07

I guess I'm a choker. We clean HVAC air filters and coils. No grease, no freon, just a lot of coughing.....

Filters...ahhh just another facet of the HVAC industry. That is a good business to be in. I worked at 2 diff places that had a filter exchange service and cussed where I was the filter change guy!!! Lots of roof hopping and as you said choking! I would always be wheezing, sneezing, coughing, and hacking for a couple of days after changing the filters...the flip side is after a while you get one heck of an immune system!!

Do you only do A/C filtration? Don't overlook the refrigerated cases...especially the one's that use R-134a. A good sales point is those boxes HAVE to keep clean coils otherwise you are asking for trouble. The most common problems are the boxes with fixed bore metering devices. The head pressure goes up with a dirty coil and suddenly you have a pencil drier meltdown that subsequently clogs the cap tube. Those are really really fun to change on a True milk box!

Tony Shelton

Filters...ahhh just another facet of the HVAC industry. That is a good business to be in. I worked at 2 diff places that had a filter exchange service and cussed where I was the filter change guy!!! Lots of roof hopping and as you said choking! I would always be wheezing, sneezing, coughing, and hacking for a couple of days after changing the filters...the flip side is after a while you get one heck of an immune system!!

Do you only do A/C filtration? Don't overlook the refrigerated cases...especially the one's that use R-134a. A good sales point is those boxes HAVE to keep clean coils otherwise you are asking for trouble. The most common problems are the boxes with fixed bore metering devices. The head pressure goes up with a dirty coil and suddenly you have a pencil drier meltdown that subsequently clogs the cap tube. Those are really really fun to change on a True milk box!

Most of our accounts are office buildings, industrial buildings and retail.

We have a few restaurants and bars where we clean them but the money is in a large quantity of units on the roof. I don't push coil cleaning on buildings with less then 5 units so I don't see too many refer coils.

Lately I've been seeing those coils with a tunnel going down between them with an evaporative cooler (swampcooler) at one end pushing precooled air through. The manufacturer calls for MONTHLY coil cleaning on those because of the scale buildup. Have you seen those?

Double07

Seen the swamp coolers but not in that application. It doesn't sound like a real feasible solution though.:ttiwwp::biggrin::biggrin:Just had to use that smilie!

Tony Shelton

Seen the swamp coolers but not in that application. It doesn't sound like a real feasible solution though.:ttiwwp::biggrin::biggrin:Just had to use that smilie!

How's this? It's the one on the left. It has two fans on each side pulling air out of that tunnel. Seen it before. (I apologize for the cell phone pics.)

Attachments

• 0915081441.jpg
    0915081441.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 0915081438.jpg
    0915081438.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 0915081438a.jpg
    0915081438a.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 18

Double07

Never seen that before. It's interesting to say the least. Sort of a poor mans cooling tower. Instead of a monthly pm on this thing to reduce scale, it would make sense to install one of those peristaltic pumps so it could automatically pump treatment into the water and lessen the frequency of the pm's. Those mineral deposits are atrocious in some areas.