• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Found: Gray Hoses!

Nichole

They just fell off the back of a truck! :clap:

No, just kidding. :cool: We found a new supplier for gray non-marking hoses at an unbelievable cost! These 4000 PSI-rated R-1 hoses are excellent quality. Did I mention the low price? The manufacturer gave us an introductory price on our first shipment, so we are selling these at less than $100 for a 100’ hose to get these out into contractors’ hands and start some ‘buzz’. Once we get into our second shipment, I doubt we will be able to get this kind of deal – so stock up now!

Check out this great deal on gray non-marking hose here.

RMedbery

The last grey hose I got actually had the QDs crimped on. I didnt notice it till I had to change one. Are these like that?

RMedbery

There are usually threaded fittings crimped on to which you screw your QDs to. I had to cut off the QDs, put a hose repair end on it, then attach my QDs to it. PITA

cleanhoods

OK, I gotcha now.

did you do the hose repair yourself? is there a kit for doing this?
I carry these self fix connects my self as well handy piece to have when a hose busts,they are called reusable hose couplings 3/8" size 1 wire about 20.00 and 1/2-3/4" sizes 2 wire around 30.00.Always keep one they come in handy.Northern sells them in the hydraulics section or go to Napa or any hydraulic supplier.
Marko:biggrin:

Nichole

I carry these self fix connects my self as well handy piece to have when a hose busts,they are called reusable hose couplings 3/8" size 1 wire about 20.00 and 1/2-3/4" sizes 2 wire around 30.00.Always keep one they come in handy.Northern sells them in the hydraulics section or go to Napa or any hydraulic supplier.

They are good items to have on hand. We carry the non-swivel repair couplers for 1-wire braid for about $10 and the 2 wire braid swivel repair couplers for $18. http://sunbrite.stores.yahoo.net/reco.html

Jim Chesmore

how well do they work?

do you need special tools to connect them?

Pm or email me if you want

cleanhoods

how well do they work?

They work just as well as crimping.The biggest pain is cutting the hose.Get yourself a cheap skill saw and put a metal cutting disk on it,break the gaurd off the saw and there you go you will be able to cut the hose pretty easy putting the coupler on in a matter of using a wrench. Hope this helps if not just call i can walk you through it.

cleanhoods

Oh just a add on to cutting the hose with the skill saw set up clamp your hose or use a vise just for safty unless your just crazy like me then have at it.If you got the cash to spend then buy you a metal cut off saw.
Marko

Nichole

how well do they work?

The ones we sell simply screw together. Only a pair of crescent wrenches is needed.

We have had great feed back from the guys who use them.

Jim Chesmore

First question - Nobody mentioned using a simple hack saw to cut the hose, is it not possible?

2) If I understand this correctly (I am a hands on learner, reading "how to" stuff is not easy) it is a two part contraption. Part "a" screws over the outside of the hose and part "b" screws into part "a" pinching the hose between both parts?????

cleanhoods

The coupler is two parts one part goes on the inside of the hose and the other on the outside and you just tighten it.Now to cut the hose yes you can use a hack saw but it is a messy cut hope that helps.
Marko:rolleyes: