• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Here is what we are dealing with, Ron Musgraves

Ken Fenner

It was crazy, Beth. Still beautiful this morning though. You're right, this was a one-two punch we will probably never see again in our lifetime.

Roger Gothorp

I feel for you guys, really I do, but I have to tell you - from down here looking at photos - it looks so COOL! We would literally never survive 1/2 half of what you got....our area is just not equipped for that kind of stuff. We go into a strangle-hold at 6 inches. I can't imagine what almost 6 FEET would do.

Stay safe & warm guys :) Looks like a most excellent time to enjoy the family!

Beth Borrego

In December we measured about 26" here. Last week we measure 31 and just over 36 here in our yard. We got another 24 yesterday. Our drifts are 5-7 feet for our area. All the shoveling I did yesterday has been filled back in from blowing wind, not too bad, but still....and I need to check the house later because that wind that kept me awake most of the night sounded like it was tearing us apart here. We will have snow in parking lots here in late April, I guarantee it.... ugly, messy, black, dirty, snow with birds perching on top....

Beth

Ken Fenner

C, we're not really equipped for that much either. The only places that can handle it are the cities near the Great Lakes. Philadelphia brought some monstrous snow plows down from Erie. These things are like 12' tall. I can't even imagine what the city must be like. Many of those streets are barely wide enough to get a truck down without any snow piles. I hear a snow plow going down my street now. This is one time I actually appreciate the higher property taxes. They are predicting another possible coastal low forming on Monday though it should not be anywhere near these last two storms.

Tim Fields

Our road is clear, in front of the house. I'll wait 'til the neighbor has his driveway cleared to get my bobcat back and head to town.

The State Police closed three roads in our county, we use two of those to get to civilization. Civilization in this case being a town of 500 people.

Eighteen inches on top of last weeks twenty eight inches.

Attachments

• MBurg Rd front.jpg
    MBurg Rd front.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 21
  • MBurg Rd South.jpg
    MBurg Rd South.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 24
  • MBurg North.jpg
    MBurg North.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

plainpainter

Being in Ma - between these two snowstorms the only thing we had up to now was a dusting on the ground this morning. Everyone in the greater Boston area is B/S at the weathermen for getting this one way wrong. Fortunately/Unfortunately I understand the science and mathematics behind weather prediction - and by definition it's a virtually impossible thing to forecast. I actually am surprised they dont' get it wrong more often.

Anyways it's nice being in an area that can get 100" of snow in a single season - to sit back and watch others get it for a change.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Not what you think... haha... Ron, you are lucky to be in the desert. Just took a walk around my neighborhood. 27" on the ground and still snowing hard.

buried_car2.jpg

buried_car.jpg

How's this for a snow drift? I am standing in a driveway.

drift.jpg

Entrance to my street

end_street.jpg

Not sure how tall these A/C units are?

lots.jpg

That post was from Months ago, texting emailing constent message and using my name. Suggesting over and over again and again.