• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Condo rig

Jeff LeCours

Hey here's a picture of one of our condo rigs. I want to add another 8gpm cold machine to it, but running out of space I also would like to possibly add bigger gas tanks

Has anyone ever stacked machines, what I am thinking is have my welder build a rack/stand not quite all the way over the front two machines, but half way over and then that space under up near the water tank add larger gas tanks. I wonder about vibration with them being stacked

Can I also run more than one machine off a gas tank? I have a fear of that much gas and that many machines so close to each other. any ideas or thoughts??

I have some space in the back, but I really want to save that space for other 5's of chems and stuff

Attachments

• rig11.jpg
    rig11.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 211
  • rig1xx.jpg
    rig1xx.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 188

Lonnie Greenwood

Hey here's a picture of one of our condo rigs. I want to add another 8gpm cold machine to it, but running out of space I also would like to possibly add bigger gas tanks

Has anyone ever stacked machines, what I am thinking is have my welder build a rack/stand not quite all the way over the front two machines, but half way over and then that space under up near the water tank add larger gas tanks. I wonder about vibration with them being stacked

Can I also run more than one machine off a gas tank? I have a fear of that much gas and that many machines so close to each other. any ideas or thoughts??

I have some space in the back, but I really want to save that space for other 5's of chems and stuff

ive been talking to greg nash about doing that same thing because i want to stack the machines so i can get my reclaim system on my trailer just make sure to use the rubber bushings under the machine i think you will be ok i use a 24gallon marine tank

Attachments

• 101_0580.jpg
    101_0580.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 116

Jim Chesmore

you could probably get one big gas tank to run all three machines. I dont know about stacking them that sounds a little scary.

Tell ya what, Drop it off at my place I will will figure something out for you. I'll get it back to you around Oct. :biggrin:

Chris Tharpe

Stack the machines, one 20-30 gallon gas tank behind them. You may even talk to your welder and see if he will make you a metal tank just make sure to have a vent on the tank. On one rig I have a 35 gallon diesel tank and 20 gallon gas tank. That will last about 4 nights and everything runs out of fuel at about the same amount of time including the van, chemical tank, and generator. Works out really well just not a fun fuel bill when you refill everything

Greg Nash

Jeff you can stack them just make sure you have enough space between them to change filters and maintenance the machines on the bottom. You can also run all of the machines off of one tank just make sure it has adequete ventilation or it will choke your fuel flow.

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member
Jeff you can stack them just make sure you have enough space between them to change filters and maintenance the machines on the bottom. You can also run all of the machines off of one tank just make sure it has adequete ventilation or it will choke your fuel flow.

Jeff,
Make sure when you stack machines you have the water flow to the intakes of the machines,you may have to pump the water up that high. Just my 2 cents.

Jeff LeCours

Thanks all, I have had machines a little elevated from water no problems, do you think I will have problems putting machine up and water supply .

As soon as I rework my other enclosed trailer I will be working on this one

Man my enclosed is getting eaten alive by 12%. I keep 3 55 gallon drums at the front of it and have the hand pump, but chem is always going to spill. I think I need to switch from drums to a tank. I redid half the floors, half the walls and put in Line X 2 year ago and its all eaten up real bad again. I like the drums because sometimes I will have 3 drums of 12% or just 2 and the third will be degreaser as needed

These pics are from a couple years ago, before the LineX was applied, man in about a year it was eaten up, now its going right through the outside of the trailer. I was going to line it with some heavy gauge Stainless but Its pretty pricey stuff . I may just have to go with the tank

Attachments

• trail.jpg
    trail.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 83
  • trail1111.jpg
    trail1111.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 83
Jeff,
The spills will certainly get you, but the gasses that are put off by the 12% will also eat the trailer alive. Venting is very important as well. The thin guage of the trailer walls will not do well. One of the ways to prevent that it to coat the interior of the trailer with an industrial coating made for chem resistance. This is the wood but also the interior metal parts. As far as the floor goes, when you put down a new floor, get the best plywood that you can find, prime it both sides and edges, caulk it in place and then coat with the lineX or what ever you choose to use. I have had great success with Herculiner, it is MEK based and so far indestructible under pretty harsh conditions.

John Doherty

Jeff,
The spills will certainly get you, but the gasses that are put off by the 12% will also eat the trailer alive. Venting is very important as well. The thin guage of the trailer walls will not do well. One of the ways to prevent that it to coat the interior of the trailer with an industrial coating made for chem resistance. This is the wood but also the interior metal parts.

Mike hit the nail on the head! Look to the left in the first picture, the rust and corrosion on the cage around that tank is from gas exposure.

Brian Wendling

You can stack the machines with only a couple of problems. Some times when the tank is very low and you are starting the top machine you may need to prime it. Greg was right with the gas vents make sure they are always open. We have our machines stacked inside the trucks so we always make sure to get the heat out, so in a trailer I do not se a problem.

We do the same thing with a couple of drums filled with juice and have problems with rust and doing floors, I even had a leak on the drivetrain that needed to be replaced. We do the floors every year, I need the box trucks so we can lock it all up, if I had the money for a warehouse that we can park them in that would great. Great looking trailer and with the 8 or 10 gal. machines you should knock out a lot of work with that thing, just keep the water flowing.

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member

Hey Jeff!,
You have plenty of room on that trailer! Put another machine on the tong of the trailer and another on the back. :Smiley-2010:

LOL

Jeff LeCours

Hey Jeff!,
You have plenty of room on that trailer! Put another machine on the tong of the trailer and another on the back. :Smiley-2010:

LOL

Maybe just 6 machines and stack them 3 high, then I'll have space for the kitchen sink LOL Hey maybe I will get an open top tank add some jets and put a burner on it and the crew can have a good relaxing hot tub after a hard day of work
:Smiley-2135:

Chris Apple

Thats a good looking rig Jeff.

Mine is in pieces scattered between my garage and driveway.

I am rebuilding it for no other reason than to get my machines as far away from the chemical tanks as possible.