• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Attention Painters!

John Doherty

I need an idea of a price to paint these shudders, they are vinyl and all are 2nd story.

They need to be removed, cleaned, painted and put back up. This is volume pricing there are 250 pairs (500 individual shutters).

I'm also looking for as many reason as possible to replace them vs painting them.

Attachments

• 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 20

Roger Gothorp

Yooo hoooooo.........Terry/Tegrey, where are you ?

John, are they painted vinyl? I ask because I'm sure someone still has tons of Restora stashed somewhere and that might be a great fix for you.

Celeste

Jim Chesmore

go price some shutters at Lowes/Home Depot and tell the HOA that it is much less expensive to replace them vs take down, paint, put back up... And most likely there will be a few that are damaged and need to be replaced anyway. Also replacement will be much faster = less time on site which will save them money

Ken Fenner

Replacement cost (with installation) would be in the $22,000 range for a halfway decent vinyl shutter.

We've pulled, prepped, painted and reinstalled shutters at $135 per set. Those were wood and the paint was flaking and if I had to do it again, I would charge double that. Screws that won't come out are a real time killer.

Tim Fields

John,

Do you know if they were installed with shutter plugs? If so, chances are that each shutter was drilled independently without a template. If you take them off to paint them, each shutter has to go back in the location that it was removed from. Not fun.

If you paint them, you're also going to have to paint the plugs. 500 shutters times 5 or 6 plugs per each equals way too many.

You would not order 250 pairs of shutters from Home Depot. Chances are that you could get the per pair price down under $50.00 for new shutters purchased in that quantity from a wolesale house.

Don't forget to factor in disposal cost if you replace them.

Terry Miller

I need an idea of a price to paint these shudders, they are vinyl and all are 2nd story.

They need to be removed, cleaned, painted and put back up. This is volume pricing there are 250 pairs (500 individual shutters).

I'm also looking for as many reason as possible to replace them vs painting them.

John, If you can clean them and paint them on, Do so.
Cost would be 1/2 hr labor + Materials.

If you need to take them down, Clean them, Paint and re hang, So be it.
Cost would be approximatly 1 hr. labor for each set + materials.
Note. We do many shutters yearly. Our labor is set at our company rate. You will have to use your rate for this project.

They are very easy to paint and require little work. Vinyl only needs to be cleaned very good and painted with 100% Acrylic paint.
Call if you need further assistance.

John,
They are likely a standard size. Measure them up and see, take the measurement to a supply house and get the best bulk & contractor rate on the purchase that you can find. I just paid about $175.00 for three pair of decorative board and batten shutters that were larger in size than what you have there. I could call the supply house for you and see what they can do for ya...
I say replace instead of paint. Once the paint flakes off, they will be all ****ed off. Vinyl was not meant to be painted, it was meant to be washed and when the shutters tend to fade, its time to replace, not repair.
Call me if you have any questions or need a hand.

Lenny Schrecengost

Contributing Member
Restora is the way to go or try doing a search. I have tried a product caller Dakota Shine and it works great, just sprayn it on and it restores like Restora. I believe there was another product advertised in The Cleaner Times to do the same thing
DO NOT USE restora of LIGHT colored shutters. My house is yellow vinal. I used it and it loked great for about a year and it turned brown. I had to clean it a couple of times with a strong sodiumhydroxide it get it cleaned off.
Restora said that was a problem they had with the product. It work great on dark colors.

Terry Miller

John,
I have settled a problem with Restora & my customer just this past year. it cost me about $4,000. It cost Flood a lot more. Proceed with caution. Again, we paint shutters all the time. If you are not prepared to do what is necessary, you could work with a local painter who you trust and sub the work to them. Be sure of their qualifications and 1099 them. Another route for you to consider.