• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Problems logging onto the forum or website?

Jim Cooney

Still experiencing issues. When I hit the new posts button, error message reads "invalid URL".

This isn't rocket science folks, I know because of my years of experience with several other forums I have been involved with, as well as my 3 websites.

I, for one would like a clear, no BS answer as to what's going on.

Rumors are rampant on a couple other bbs. If my IT guy and /or hosting company let this occur for more than a few hours, I would fire them both.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
I've never had a problem. I do agree with Scott. It's time to leave wfc.
Hey Don what does "wfc" stand for?? I feel like asking my kids but I'm getting the impression the f in there is a problem word. Is it what I think it means which is "Why Bleeping care" ??? "Who Bleeping cares"??? "World Federation conference"?? I really dont know. I'm still trying to figure out what ROLMFAO really means or is it ROLMAOF....this happens when your aproaching 50.

David Vicars

John and Lonnie, WFC are the initials for the company that does the website. Web First Creations.

Hope that clears up some of the confusion. I'm sure it probably has some other meanings. I could make up a couple, but I would have to pm them to you. LOL

Scott Stone

Still experiencing issues. When I hit the new posts button, error message reads "invalid URL".

This isn't rocket science folks, I know because of my years of experience with several other forums I have been involved with, as well as my 3 websites.

I, for one would like a clear, no BS answer as to what's going on.

Rumors are rampant on a couple other bbs. If my IT guy and /or hosting company let this occur for more than a few hours, I would fire them both.

Nope, just one. And it is not the one everyone seems to consider the evil empire.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
John and Lonnie, WFC are the initials for the company that does the website. Web First Creations.

Hope that clears up some of the confusion. I'm sure it probably has some other meanings. I could make up a couple, but I would have to pm them to you. LOL
Thanks David. Everything is abbreviated these days so I would have never guessed that.

Roger Gothorp

Here's your no BS answer.

This organization, as of the last work day of last week does not:

1 - Own the url (www.uamcc.org)
2 - Own the BBS
3 - Own Pressure Washing News
4 - Have the right to do ANYTHING with hiring/firing/transferring hosts

This committee on the other hand - has asked and asked and busted our collective asses trying to get things done only to have everyone tear stuff down or roadblock progress.

I'm about sick of it.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Here's your no BS answer.

This organization, as of the last work day of last week does not:

2 - Own the BBS

This committee on the other hand - has asked and asked and busted our collective asses trying to get things done only to have everyone tear stuff down or roadblock progress.

I'm about sick of it.

Celeste, we're all sick of it! (I tried to call you, but the call went to voice mail and your phone isn't taking messages.)

As of the first day of this week, we

2 - Own the BBS

Not being - by any stretch of the imagination - a "Techie", I have no idea why this problem persisted, but I sincerely do hope that it's over. The BOD has been doing everything possible to effect the changes necessary.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Celeste, we're all sick of it! (I tried to call you, but the call went to voice mail and your phone isn't taking messages.)

As of the first day of this week, we

2 - Own the BBS

Not being - by any stretch of the imagination - a "Techie", I have no idea why this problem persisted, but I sincerely do hope that it's over. The BOD has been doing everything possible to effect the changes necessary.
John That is GREAT NEWS and I am not being sarcastic by saying that.
Now if you can get the org to own itself(Is that even possible?? I would think so if its a not for profit) then I will renew my membership.
That is the biggest hurdle and if you can show proof of that then some of us will come back as members to help support some of our friends in the UAMCC.

I'm guessing that this is something you guys are working since so many memberships are due again in April/May.
Keep up the good work:cheers:

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
John That is GREAT NEWS and I am not being sarcastic by saying that.
Now if you can get the org to own itself(Is that even possible?? I would think so if its a not for profit) then I will renew my membership.
That is the biggest hurdle and if you can show proof of that then some of us will come back as members to help support some of our friends in the UAMCC.

I'm guessing that this is something you guys are working since so many memberships are due again in April/May.
Keep up the good work:cheers:

Absolutely John.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Here's an update (for those of you that can see this! :pukey:)...

Within the next few hours, total control of this BBS and our website will be ours. It is my sincere hope that all issues we've been having will be over. Web First has assured me that this is not their doing, but I remain skeptical. As soon as possible, per BOD vote, we will be switching hosts. Even if the current issues are resolved, the fact that Web First was unable to correct them - or accept responsibility for them - has eroded our confidence in their ability to provide the level of service we require.

Stay tuned...

Jim Cooney

Within the next few hours, total control of this BBS and our website will be ours. It is my sincere hope that all issues we've been having will be over. Web First has assured me that this is not their doing, but I remain skeptical. As soon as possible, per BOD vote, we will be switching hosts. Even if the current issues are resolved, the fact that Web First was unable to correct them - or accept responsibility for them - has eroded our confidence in their ability to provide the level of service we require.

Stay tuned...

Thanks John for your continued efforts.

Roger Gothorp

John Orr said:
Thanks guys, but please hold your applause till the switch actually gets thrown!

Although I'm quite certain Mr. Cooney is sincere in gratitude for all of the BOD's hard work on this matter - I was being sarcastic.:steam:

Stay tuned...

Somehow that scenario looks disturbingly familiar. :lijstje:

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Not without more than a few hiccups, full control of the website, Pressure Washing News and our BBS. The VBulletin license is being transfered and the hosting will be moved ASAP.

Thank you all for your patience while we resolve these issues in order to focus on the future of our organization without quite so much "drama".

More as it becomes available.

John