• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Problems logging onto the forum or website?

Ken Fenner

March 5, 2010

Dear Forum Members and UAMCC Contractors:

We are aware of issues that have been going on site wide with the UAMCC. These are server side problems that hopefully are being fixed. I know I have had problems in the AM for a couple of days. Sorry about the inconvenience. We are exploring options to change from our current hosting. We'll keep you updated.

Eric Flynn

The only way I can acess either is from my Blackberry ( like right now).
I've tried using two different computers with no luck.

~Jen

Roger Gothorp

It's just weird......it's really sporadic for me. I can hit "post", get the error message, hit the back button and try again and all will be fine. It's all weird and no one answers the phone at WebFirst :(

Roger Gothorp

UPDATE:

I was able to speak to someone at WebFirst Creations this morning. Although he could not discuss anything on the panel for UAMCC since I am not authorized to even open a ticket - he did explain that earlier this week, there was a change Internet-wide with how internet service providers resolve domains (for anyone that knows what that means). He said that basically every internet service provider (ie, aol, verizon, etc....) has to reindex every domain on the planet. It didn't sound like a small undertaking but it did somewhat explain why some of us have no problem getting on the site, while others might not be able to access it.

He told me that it is NOT a server issue but more likely a provider issue and that all ISP's should have everything back to normal within about 48 hours - hopefully. He also graciously said that he would take a look at the uamcc.org site to see if there were some way to expedite the process.

That is the best explanation I can give anyone at this time. I'm sorry if folks are having difficulty connecting - we can all just cross our fingers that by Monday it will all be okay.

Have a GREAT rest of your weekend!

Celeste

Roger Gothorp

Update update :)

I have been watching the forum all day, noting who has been on, etc...

If some - me, Florin, Lonnie, Lou, Scott D, even a couple of new guys.....can get on yet others can't, then the site is UP. I can see where MSN & Google can crawl the pages still.

What Florin and I have found today is that this glitch may be affecting the emails in and out of the uamcc.org mailboxes.

I have tried to call WebFirst again today - with no luck, sorry. Ken Fenner has also performed some other high-tech testing stuff (I don't understand it) that is indicating that the UAMCC is not in existence.

Guys I'm sorry - I am horribly confused, not versed enough in this to begin to be helpful. What I would like from you is this:

Please let me know who your internet service provider(s) is and whether you can or cannot access the forum.

I'm posting this over on TGS so folks who cannot get in here can offer input.

Celeste

Roger Gothorp

Just another note as it applies to emails going to uamcc.org email boxes :(

Info@uamcc.org is only getting sporadic emails during this whole dns shuffle. You may or may not get a bounce notice from your email service. Emails that do not make it to the info email box are in all likelihood, lost forever in cyberspace :(

If you have tried to email the info@uamcc.org mailbox since this past Tuesday and have not had a response........don't take it personally - it's probably lost. May I suggest that you try again once you are able to see the website OR, contact someone directly by phone or their business email until this is all sorted out. I know it isn't terribly convenient but at this time, we have to do what we have to do.

Celeste

Lonnie Greenwood

im having problems this morning as well i can get on using the laptop but not the office computers not letting me on i hope we can get this fixed soon

Roger Gothorp

I've been on the phone again with WebFirst this morning.....they still believe that it is a propagation issue with some ISP's - something to do with private nameservers and other web speak that I just do NOT understand :(

I have noticed quite a few more folks being able to get on the site today so maybe these things are resolving.

I've hit an error two times today - on one I was able to use the back button and was put back into my post which successfully submitted....the second I simply refreshed and all was fine.

I can't apologize enough for the difficulties that many are experiencing. It has quite a few internet-technologically-talented folks scratching their heads.

I just ask that everyone be patient - we are doing our best :)

Thanks!

Celeste

Tim Fields

Thanks Celeste and others that are working on this issue. I feel a bit like Jeff and his self imposed exile from the boards. I am getting more work done at a time when we're fixing to get busy, but I still miss my UAMCC fix when I don't get it..

John Tornabene

Member Guest
I feel like I am one of the only few that doesn't seem to have a problem posting here. But if I go on Internet Explorer it says that the link is broken. Good luck on figuring this one out and I hope it gets fixed soon so the bb can go back to being a little bit busy again.

Scott Millen

For the first time in something like a week, I am able to get on and stay on the UAMCC BBS. I've missed you all!:yes:

I want to publicly thank the members for their patience and assistance in keeping us apprised of the extent of the trouble.

The Web Committee worked hard and through some heated hours to figure out what the problem was, and athough there was little that could be done directly to solve our issues this time, I am confident that we will be in good hands should just about any other sort of disruption disturb our service.

The Web committee is a definite bright spot all members can be happy to have working for them. Volunteers all, they still delivered when the going was tough, and the path forward was anything but clear. They have my gratitude as a member, and as the President of the Board.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
OK, the site has slowed-down (while everyone else couldn't get in, it was REALLY fast!) so it must be back to normal. Web First predicted that 3/10 should be the last day of problems. Let's hope so!

Jim Cooney

Been getting error messages all day long. I assume others have also, since there are no new posts.

Thanks to those trying to get this issue fixed. It a big issue, as I for one appreciate checking in and participating in this forum.