• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

hood cleaning

cleanhoods

Dude, they're $7...just put one up there for him.

Yes i know he dont want it ,hes tearing building down anyway.Plus the bulb covers from the bar tender says they have them he just dont like them up or something i dont know i guess carolina res. are screwy comp.to cali.,lol.
Marko

HotShot

I'm surprised the Fire Dept. dosn't MAKE him have them on there. Out here that is one of the first things that will right somebody up for. Exit signs over doors and little stuff like that; they could have 3 years worth of buildup in their exhaust system and that is ok though.

cleanhoods

I'm surprised the Fire Dept. dosn't MAKE him have them on there. Out here that is one of the first things that will right somebody up for. Exit signs over doors and little stuff like that; they could have 3 years worth of buildup in their exhaust system and that is ok though.

Yes i know it is bad here look at the regulations here and really none.Ill take pics and show of exits lights hanging down by wires,no bulb covers,exhaust wires thru bottom of fan with wire nuts and electric tape stove pipes for ducts and new ducts that leak like stove pipes.
Marko

Alexy

Fire Dept. don't waste your time or hold your breath.
The health code in NC requires any electrical appliance over a food service area be covered no exceptions,. In NC and VA it is a critical voilation that MUST be corrected to remain in operation.
Just get globes and keep them on the truck you can buy a case of 12 for less than 4 dollars a piece. Charge 10 and explain that it is a critical violation that has to be corrected. Note it on the invoice.
We keep them since they break all the time when the pressure washer hits them and the temp change cracks the glass.
If something like that is not corrected you are not doing your client all you can to prevent a fire.
You are not "ripping them off" It is needed for safe operation and I am sure it is easy to explain god forbid a fire that you saw the deficiency and corrected it rather than continued to clean it knowing it is a problem and did not do everything to help the client be safe.

cleanhoods

Alex what type of place do you hunt for something like this and avoid the online thing?I dont know about the regulations thing to much but i know that around the areas i service they are slack.Actually a few nights ago a friend of mine also a local competitor was talking about how slack the system is.Line fire ispections goes by type of building size not by the type of restaurant,like that chinese i showed,heck the fire marshalls sy they dont check a business size like that but every 2-3years,i was confused i thought all of them get inspected every year.No licencing for businesses here to regulate shoddy businesses.Heck when i brought the picks to them at first the head marshal was upset like with me thinking i wanted to use them for my personal gain then he sees the pics call the inspector to office that inspected and at first it was alot of excuses from him then the big wig thanked me i went to the rstaurant to give them copies as well and not even 10 minutes behind me the inspector was there but upset with me.i guess was suprised to see me there or something i dont know.It is a major problem here to regulate these restaurantsBut my competitor and i are thinking of a way to team together to get the system to work here.
Marko

Alexy

Go here:
http://www.ncalhd.org/county.htm
We only work in Dare, Hyde and Currituck Counties. The rest I have no idea how they work. Every restaurant in NC publicly posts thier health inspection score The uncovered electrical is a critical voilation that must be corrected with in 10 days of the heath inspectiors violation notice. Same applies in VA

As far as what other people do or say or have experienced or think they can get away with with the fire marshalls office or health department I would say who cares. The right thing to do for both you and the customer is document what is wrong and fix it while you are there. It is safer for you and them liability wise to repair it.
Congrats on your new child.

cleanhoods

Go here:
http://www.ncalhd.org/county.htm
We only work in Dare, Hyde and Currituck Counties. The rest I have no idea how they work. Every restaurant in NC publicly posts thier health inspection score The uncovered electrical is a critical voilation that must be corrected with in 10 days of the heath inspectiors violation notice. Same applies in VA

As far as what other people do or say or have experienced or think they can get away with with the fire marshalls office or health department I would say who cares. The right thing to do for both you and the customer is document what is wrong and fix it while you are there. It is safer for you and them liability wise to repair it.
Congrats on your new child.

Thank you alex and i will look into a supplier for the globes and hood him up just to do so or ask where they put the old ones.
Marko