• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Roof Cleaning Pros

precisionpower

Hey guys! Good to be back on here. We cleaned this Evansville roof using our non-pressure roof cleaning method, and just look at the results! This roof took us 2 hours to thoroughly clean.

Attachments

• pics 1 4-18-2010 048.jpg
    pics 1 4-18-2010 048.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 68
  • pics 1 4-18-2010 059.jpg
    pics 1 4-18-2010 059.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 60

Chris Tucker

Re: Roof Cleaning Pros 270 860 7894

Nice roof cleaning work, for an Irishman O'Bryan. I wonder how long the roof cleaning season is up there in Evansville Kevin ?
It would be nice to clean roofs into the early winter ?

Chris Tucker

how much solution did you use? I am wondering if I am using enough when I apply.
I will answer for my friend Kevin. Apply enough solution to completely wet the area of the roof you are doing. Wet it down, and move on. It is a common roof cleaning mistake to sit there, and continue spraying the roof until it cleans. Simply wet it down good, then move on. Depending on outside temperature, it should clean in under a 1/2 hour. IF it does not take, hit it again, and wait.

Beth Borrego

Please leave your phone number out of the title of the post....you are in that area that will get your post pulled as spam.....If it is in your signature, you are fine. (the same holds true to key words and city and state)

Let's keep the forum full of information.
THANK YOU!
Beth

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member

Please leave your phone number out of the title of the post....you are in that area that will get your post pulled as spam.....If it is in your signature, you are fine. (the same holds true to key words and city and state)

Let's keep the forum full of information.
THANK YOU!
Beth

Maybe the forum should have and area for SEO?

Beth Borrego

What would the point in that be Ron? Either a forum is or is not open to being crawled by the engines. If it is, then organic text will do all you need it to, but spamming does nothing for the quality of the content.

Beth

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member

What would the point in that be Ron? Either a forum is or is not open to being crawled by the engines. If it is, then organic text will do all you need it to, but spamming does nothing for the quality of the content.

Beth

Its could be a member only benifit, a forum dedicated to highlight members only to the general public. Its could be a real benifit for members only!!!

The link deal could have been just a member benifit, if the BBS doesnt separate them from other BBS then we could just say what is the point?

Thad Eckhoff

Its could be a member only benifit, a forum dedicated to highlight members only to the general public. Its could be a real benifit for members only!!!

The link deal could have been just a member benifit, if the BBS doesnt separate them from other BBS then we could just say what is the point?

I suggested that a couple of weeks ago. No go.

welder

I suggested that a couple of weeks ago. No go.
That would be a great benefit, I personally don't post a lot just to have my link "crawled" or what ever it is that happens. BUT, if it is a benefit to do that, just allow members to have that benefit. They pay for it, Non members get enough benies just reading the info on here. My .02 worth.

Chris Tucker

I agree with the "paid members only" benefit, and then putting a sensible limit on it, before your forum turns into one big Informercial. I think as long as there is some quality text to go along with a "roof cleaning anytown USA" thread it helps, vs hurts a forum. A generic thread about roof cleaning has a snowballs chance in hell of being returned in the search results. The generic search term "roof cleaning" is way too crowded. Now, if we have a thread about "roof cleaning germantown MD", that thread will generally appear well placed in the search results, assuming the forum it was posted on has any SEO Clout ?

Folks that own and run forums know that it is all about hits! Why limit a forums exposure by restricting your posters ability to keyword a post ? In fact some of our largest and most educational threads at RCIA started out as keyword loaded promotional posts, and grew from there. I would think an org like the UAMCC would want exposure ? What better way to get exposure then to watch a local competitors posts here pop up in the local search results ?

I respect Beth's position on Spam, and we sure don't want that. Perhaps there can be a 1/2 way meeting of the minds on this to allow local keywords in the post titles, while requiring some unique, quality content ?
Something like "This is the first roof we cleaned using our new roof cleaning set up. Our old roof cleaning set up would not allow us to clean a steep roof like this. The algae was especially thick on this roof, and we had to give it two coats of chemicals. In between coats, a neighbor asked us for an estimate" You get the idea I'm sure ?

IOW, something more then an "Attaboy, good work as usual" stuff.
UAMCC has members, and so do we at RCIA.
We must give our members something, so how about some exposure ?
Remember, every time the UAMCC members get exposure off this forum, so does the UAMCC !
LOL, I remember one of the local Tampa guys posting on another forum. The minute his thread hit the local Tampa search results, we had 1/2 of Tampa posting over there, including ME.