Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What would you do?

Default Re: What would you do?

Hey Florin--call Pete Marentey or Tracy from www.sunbritesupply.com They used to do a certification course on Environmental cleaning. They may even still do that. They might be able to send you something that says what you can and can not do when it comes to being compliant when there are environmental concerns.

Florin,
    The city offical is asking you most likely because they dont have BMPs in place. Look up BMPs per city ordinance and if nothing comes up then go to county or state. Call your state reps and ask. I would also file a threat with the police department for the ex bod member saying what he did. Be nice to the city officials, even if they use the term mild lol, tell them that mild for your typical usage. Use examples of homeowners washing their own houses and wasting a ton more water then you, as a professional, knowing how much DETERGENTS and using less water even diluting the DETERGENTS...

Good luck my friend

Wow stick to and yes I would raise the price. I would also speak to Robert h. or Larry. Maybe the uamcc bod can consult them and right an official letter head to the poa bod and city officials. What do you think Florin?

If thats the case their should be no issues at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Spence View Post
    If thats the case their should be no issues at all.
    Maybe you are seeing it but I cannot see where I am allowed to sump onto landscape. The building washing is not really an issue anymore.... the only one is when I will have to use some chems to spot clean oil spots on driveways and what to do with the water.

I rescheduled all work that had lined up for tomorrow so I have all day free to visit with the city guy, search and gather info and rewalk the property to see if any different options arrise
    Florin Nutu
    ALL WASHED UP EXTERIOR CLEANING LLC
    206-380-4555

Seattle Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing
    email--- allwashedupexterior@gmail.com

Florin if the buildings isnt an issue do them at your quoted price.Now since the walks and drives are a issue contain your waste since your basically doing so and haul it off, of course the price goes up for the time of containment and the time it takes to haul and dispose of what you contained.Now the BOD of the HOA can use that against the old BOD member showing how much more he costed the HOA and the headache he caused by being so sore.
    Marko
    CLEANHOODS formally S&M Cleaning Services since 1997
    call 24/7>>>>>>> (828)632-7688 office
    High quality exhaust system detailer...emergency services available...fair rates....guaranteed inspection approval !
    Owner: Marko
    Visit Cleanhoods at:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cleanhoods/186427068726 or http://twitter.com/ Or E-Mail cleanhoods2002@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by FLORIN View Post
    Maybe you are seeing it but I cannot see where I am allowed to sump onto landscape. The building washing is not really an issue anymore.... the only one is when I will have to use some chems to spot clean oil spots on driveways and what to do with the water.

I rescheduled all work that had lined up for tomorrow so I have all day free to visit with the city guy, search and gather info and rewalk the property to see if any different options arrise
    I feel this is a gray area where you need to read between the lines, they say it cant go down the drain, pumping wash water runoff to a grassy area is a preventive measure and the soil acts as a natural filter as well.

(Thats my simplified version)

I recommend you see what the EPA says about materials washing off buildings? Do they consider it hazardous material????

We all know that beyond the water leaving the property your ok.

However if they have a convern for the polution or other materials you might be washing into the soil to contaminate the Ground then you have a real issue.

I have to ask, is this community on well water? I know thats a long shot but have to ask.

No well water.

Update: Finally started the job on Monday. Plugged up all storm drains and firehose/sandbagged area just before water can leave property, been sumping into landscape the little water that pooled up because I have it traveling so far that most evaporates before it gets to the bottom of the property. When I start doing the concrete there will be more water pooling up and this property is on a steep hill and the water might run and will be hard to control and have it filter thru the ground so am prepared with 2 - 250gallon totes to sump into and dispose into sanitary sewer on property.

The city guy came today and inspected and was very happy with our methods. He praised us for what we were doing on being compliant and mentioned that he knows and understands there is not too many companies in my area that are.

I want to thank you Robert H for the CD and epa info that you sent me which I provided for the city guy which clarified alot of things for him.

Thank you Trevor and the UAMCC for taking interest into my dilemma and helping walk me thru this.

GO UAMCC!!!!
    Florin Nutu
    ALL WASHED UP EXTERIOR CLEANING LLC
    206-380-4555

Seattle Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing
    email--- allwashedupexterior@gmail.com

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information