• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Sensible BMP's

Jeff LeCours

http://www.lvstormwater.com/bmps_surfacecleaning.htm

Simple, to the point, and easily implemented.

We are going to use these BMP's to advocate frequent cleaning without soap. (Plaza's)

Glad you are on the Gov side now Tony, I thought you would fight against any of this stuff. Man compared to what industries dump every day legally, its a shame we have to worry about the little amounts of stuff from a plaza or building wash

Maybe BP will get an exemption, heck its only the gulf of mexico and they got the money and politicians and probably didnt even break any laws, since they helped write the laws . Crazy

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
Oil sock. Dirty water pump. Done. It's easy as pie. No testing runoff, (except PH which is easy) no offsite dumping. It's good.

Tony Evans

Board of Director
Sad that there are so many power hungry despots in the cleaning industry. The funny thing is that they all seem to be tied together somehow.

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
Tony, I am so glad that we have you and Scott Stone, as our enviro chairs. Appreciate you both more than you'll know.

Tony Evans

Board of Director
Well if it's any consolation we sometimes choose the wrong associates and it has far reaching effects. I did the same thing in the past but now I've fixed it and things are much better.

Rance Tilley

Contributing Member
Difficult to get involved in that thread.
Kris what do you mean by "get involved"? I'm not trying to bust your chops but if you are a contractor in this industry then.... YOU ARE INVOLVED! We all need to get educated and be proactive. I have a lot to learn myself but have already learned a ton by reading these threads and most of the time more than once. I have also talked to AHJ's in my area and have established relationships with some key people. They are not even concerned with the PW here. It's still good to know these people. Have even sold service to some.LOL

Tony Evans

Board of Director
Sorry your thread got hijacked Tony. I've been thinking about how the ones causing the issues are no doubt trying to spin their involvement and in no way can I believe that any rational, reasonable person would side with them in the industry. However I do recognize the ones tied to them (by business or friendship) as ones who have proven themselves to be devoid of ethics so it doesn't surprise me in this instance.

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
Sorry your thread got hijacked Tony. I've been thinking about how the ones causing the issues are no doubt trying to spin their involvement and in no way can I believe that any rational, reasonable person would side with them in the industry. However I do recognize the ones tied to them (by business or friendship) as ones who have proven themselves to be devoid of ethics so it doesn't surprise me in this instance.

No sidetrack Tony. We are all in this together. Kristopher can't post at PWI. I can't post at a few either. I think I have been banned at almost every board at one time or another. The only way to keep from ever making somebody mad is to do nothing. That's not who I am.

Board banning has a lot to do with personalities, this thread is about more than personalities. It is about ethics or the lack thereof

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Guy Blackmon

I feel most regulators want to work with Contractors as much as we want to work with them. We have as much invested in environmental issues as everyone else. We, our children and loved ones are drinking, bathing, swimming, etc... In the same waters that all of us are committed to protecting.

The us vs. them or them vs. us attitude was started by people that want to see friction between regulators & Contractors for their own agenda. Fortunately (some) regulators are seeing through this smoke screen and strong arm tactics.

Working with local AHJ's and those AHJ's working with us is a "Win, Win" situation.