• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

What's going on?

David Potter

I am guessing "complete rebuild" is a buzzword thrown out by Ron. A complete rebuild would be as Carlos stated: new business plan, new projections, different pricing structure, new systems of daily operations, changed bylaws, new marketing plans, a new laundry list of benefits, an RFP program and a new website with all committees established and a plan of attack for regional setup.

More likely this term "rebuild" is being used to denote the transfer from Carlos's name into the UAMCC's name. I've heard people say the BOD is now free from UAMCC BBS drama and they can get things done. The BBS was down for 6 weeks and the new BOD has been seated for 5 full months. What exactly has been done? I had to laugh when I read Ron's post that more has been accomplished in a few weeks than all the time prior. I love the new vBulletin but that is paying a guy $75 to upgrade the BBS... its a software upgrade. I'm not making light of it, it is what it is. I am not judging the BOD in any way. These guys are volunteering their time. They give what they can. But "complete rebuild" is a slight exageration when in reality we are talking about a forum software update and a payment plan worked out with George Hedley.

Good news Kenny & Carlos (welcome back)... I am no longer allowed to talk about umacc.....(I wasnt positive enough... oh well) ...looks like things are in good hands now.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
The Oversight Committee has yet been allowed to oversee anything Carlos.

Jim, I think they didnt want to throw Carlos under the bus.

I believe keeping things private was the right choice, it was proffessional.

I give Scott Millen props for his leadership. Many here think he is not listening, he is listening to the members.

I know because of the conversation I had with him last week.

When people see the final results of the complete transisition and the finalizing of a legal UAMCC everyone will be pleased.

Simply saying your something your not for 16 months does not make you that Jim. Like saying your in a business when your not doesnt mean you are.

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
I am guessing "complete rebuild" is a buzzword thrown out by Ron. A complete rebuild would be as Carlos stated: new business plan, new projections, different pricing structure, new systems of daily operations, changed bylaws, new marketing plans, a new laundry list of benefits, an RFP program and a new website with all committees established and a plan of attack for regional setup.

More likely this term "rebuild" is being used to denote the transfer from Carlos's name into the UAMCC's name. I've heard people say the BOD is now free from UAMCC BBS drama and they can get things done. The BBS was down for 6 weeks and the new BOD has been seated for 5 full months. What exactly has been done? I had to laugh when I read Ron's post that more has been accomplished in a few weeks than all the time prior. I love the new vBulletin but that is paying a guy $75 to upgrade the BBS... its a software upgrade. I'm not making light of it, it is what it is. I am not judging the BOD in any way. These guys are volunteering their time. They give what they can. But "complete rebuild" is a slight exageration when in reality we are talking about a forum software update and a payment plan worked out with George Hedley.

You and Carlos are really funny. The way you two have hamstrung the BOD you show a lot of nads coming on here and complaining about what they have been able to accomplish.

It's like a little kid pulling up the emergency brake and yelling "Why don't you go faster?!?"

With every day that goes by, those with common sense are able to see what you are made of.

Are you missing that stream of revenue from your banner about now Ken?

And Carlos, do you have any ownership interest in the UAMCC at this point? Please. Let us know.

The simple fact that GH didn't at least receive the deposit there was money specifically ear marked for is enough reason to re-examine all aspects of the Org. and how it was being run prior to the new BOD being seated.
Jeff L has done way more than his fair share to help with that situation yet I don't see the one person who should be dropping some money in that hat doing so.

Guy Blackmon

Hang in there guys. Scott's leadership is instramental on the board level and his confidence and persistence have played a huge role in the survival of this org.

Trevor, I was going to post something semi negative about this post, but I have been updated on forward movement in the Org. and the work that the Bod and our President Scott Millen have been doing. If the information I have is true, I will throw 100% support behind the Uamcc, that being said I will be watching and will no longer post anything negative towards our Org. or it's Leadership.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Trevor, I was going to post something semi negative about this post, but I have been updated on forward movement in the Org. and the work that the Bod and our President Scott Millen have been doing. If the information I have is true, I will throw 100% support behind the Uamcc, that being said I will be watching and will no longer post anything negative towards our Org. or it's Leadership.

Its been a long haul for these remaining BOD members. They are closers but much work has to be done.

Scott Millen

I'd like to dip into this thread for a moment...

First, I want to thank everyone that has called, written, pm'd or otherwise contacted me in the last weeks, as well as those who have taken my calls. I know I can be a gusty, long-winded person to speak with, and I appreciate each and every opportunity I have been given by members and others as we work on the UAMCC.

Next, I'd like to thank the folks that have spoken highly of the BOD here. This team has soldiered on through sometimes outlandish opposition and outright accusation to make something better out of the hard work done by the Transition Team. It has been a major undertaking to say the least.

It has been said here, and in other places, that we have had to refound the UAMCC, or to completely rebuild it. This is an overstatement from my point of view, but I can sympathize with the members and Directors who have felt this way. There have been many fundamental challenges.

It is closer to the truth, and I say this as a member of the Transition Team myself, to say that we are trying to finish the job the TT set out to accomplish. This is in no way a criticism of the TT or of any particular member, the accomplishments were there, but the job was unfinished. We are trying to finish the job as we believe will best suit the present members' interests, as well as to preserve the original vision of an association built by, run by, and serving contractors.

Having now been buried up to my neck in the daily operation of this organization, it is easy to look back and see the missteps made by the TT, and to see the weaknesses the UAMCC has suffered from during the trying first months of its existence under the elected leadership. Many have shared in the responsibility for our woes, but more have shared in our successes, and in the hope for a bright and productive future for the UAMCC and the members it serves. I am not going to recriminate, nor will I accuse, I will just say that much of the fine-print work that had to be done, has been done.

The Board of Directors has worked steadily to overcome obstacles that they never could have foreseen, and to meet challenges every day. That work still is not done. We have some serious deficiencies to remedy.

First, we have got to step away, as an organization, from the desire to blame and pick favorites. In hard point of fact, as long as this organization has many members joining because they love one person, or because they hate another, it is doomed to a slow death by inches. As the Bible was paraphrased by Lincoln, "No house divided against itself can stand." This organization needs to be about our shared interests as contractors in the same industry, not about any particular personalities.

Next, we require funds, both to meet our obligations daily, but also to overcome our challenges going forward. I have long maintained that the UAMCC will not prosper without donation by members, and from the outside. Contributions of cash, time, and effort are always welcome, and needed. (an aside here, situations like that of David Vicars currently, present an opportunity for contractors to demonstrate their amazing ability to be generous. Of course I agree that such emergencies surpass the needs of any organization.) We are ready to take your renewals and contributions whenever you may wish.

Last, we have to continue to systematize the way the UAMCC does its business. One of my greatest mentors has always pounded into my head the mantra, "Undercapitalized, and unsystematized is the surest route to failure." I agree, and those have been the points of the Board of Directors' efforts these months since January.

Nobody needs under-the-bus throwing. No member need be removed from the rolls. Contractors need only come together to operate this UAMCC as has always been the intentions of the founders, the Charter Members, and the members at large.

Contractors for Contractors. That's why I am still prouder than ever to be UAMCC.

Look to see more from me here and in your email boxes, but really, feel free to call me or to get in touch some other way. The Directors need to hear from you. We ardently wish to operate in a manner fully compliant with our Bylaws, but we most desperately need people on the board, and in committees. If you have time or suggestions, I want to know, as do all the Directors.

I hope this post will help in the current discussion, and thanks for taking time to read it.

Guy Blackmon

Scott, Thank You So Much For Posting This!!!!!

This is the communication from our President that everyone has been asking for. If the progress moves in the direction that I have been told, the Uamcc will have my total support.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Scott, I admitted I had my doubts about your leadership. I no longer have any, your Leadership I support and will try to help this org like I have always done.

I love the fact you take responsibilty for actions and mistakes. This shows me your real and can lead the members by not repeating the mistake you have already admitted made.

I thought the UAMCC was falling apart like most where. I know see you have a stronger team than before. The reason are personally my own but I see the current guys as strong and behind your efforts.

I think Dave Vicars will make a great addition of a stronger and seasoned guy who also has admitted mistakes wont happen in the future.

This one statement goes along way, we are all men and will continue likely to make mistakes. People just love to know that when they are made people take responsibiltys and correct them not hide behind them.

Scott I'm here for what ever I might help with. We all should come together for common goals reguardless of past differences.

First, I want to thank everyone that has called, written, pm'd or otherwise contacted me in the last weeks, as well as those who have taken my calls. I know I can be a gusty, long-winded person to speak with, and I appreciate each and every opportunity I have been given by members and others as we work on the UAMCC.

Next, I'd like to thank the folks that have spoken highly of the BOD here. This team has soldiered on through sometimes outlandish opposition and outright accusation to make something better out of the hard work done by the Transition Team. It has been a major undertaking to say the least.

It has been said here, and in other places, that we have had to refound the UAMCC, or to completely rebuild it. This is an overstatement from my point of view, but I can sympathize with the members and Directors who have felt this way. There have been many fundamental challenges.

It is closer to the truth, and I say this as a member of the Transition Team myself, to say that we are trying to finish the job the TT set out to accomplish. This is in no way a criticism of the TT or of any particular member, the accomplishments were there, but the job was unfinished. We are trying to finish the job as we believe will best suit the present members' interests, as well as to preserve the original vision of an association built by, run by, and serving contractors.

Having now been buried up to my neck in the daily operation of this organization, it is easy to look back and see the missteps made by the TT, and to see the weaknesses the UAMCC has suffered from during the trying first months of its existence under the elected leadership. Many have shared in the responsibility for our woes, but more have shared in our successes, and in the hope for a bright and productive future for the UAMCC and the members it serves. I am not going to recriminate, nor will I accuse, I will just say that much of the fine-print work that had to be done, has been done.

The Board of Directors has worked steadily to overcome obstacles that they never could have foreseen, and to meet challenges every day. That work still is not done. We have some serious deficiencies to remedy.

First, we have got to step away, as an organization, from the desire to blame and pick favorites. In hard point of fact, as long as this organization has many members joining because they love one person, or because they hate another, it is doomed to a slow death by inches. As the Bible was paraphrased by Lincoln, "No house divided against itself can stand." This organization needs to be about our shared interests as contractors in the same industry, not about any particular personalities.

Next, we require funds, both to meet our obligations daily, but also to overcome our challenges going forward. I have long maintained that the UAMCC will not prosper without donation by members, and from the outside. Contributions of cash, time, and effort are always welcome, and needed. (an aside here, situations like that of David Vicars currently, present an opportunity for contractors to demonstrate their amazing ability to be generous. Of course I agree that such emergencies surpass the needs of any organization.) We are ready to take your renewals and contributions whenever you may wish.

Last, we have to continue to systematize the way the UAMCC does its business. One of my greatest mentors has always pounded into my head the mantra, "Undercapitalized, and unsystematized is the surest route to failure." I agree, and those have been the points of the Board of Directors' efforts these months since January.

Nobody needs under-the-bus throwing. No member need be removed from the rolls. Contractors need only come together to operate this UAMCC as has always been the intentions of the founders, the Charter Members, and the members at large.

Contractors for Contractors. That's why I am still prouder than ever to be UAMCC.

Look to see more from me here and in your email boxes, but really, feel free to call me or to get in touch some other way. The Directors need to hear from you. We ardently wish to operate in a manner fully compliant with our Bylaws, but we most desperately need people on the board, and in committees. If you have time or suggestions, I want to know, as do all the Directors.

I hope this post will help in the current discussion, and thanks for taking time to read it.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Scott, Thank You So Much For Posting This!!!!!

This is the communication from our President that everyone has been asking for. If the progress moves in the direction that I have been told, the Uamcc will have my total support.

That was to easy Guy...

Carlos Gonzales

Scott...Outstanding and a much needed update. Thank you for your candor and points above.

What can members do to help?

Carlos Gonzales

Unfortunately I am unable to donate any funds at this time but would be more than happy to help out on a volunteer position. Just let me know what, if anything, I can do.

Jeff LeCours

I flip flop on this all the time. I called Scott just a week or two ago and asked is it time to call it quits, I didnt care about the Org as much as I said it to Scott for him & the BOD that are fighting to make this work, I just didnt know if it was really worth it to them. Scott gave pretty much the same answer he did when I mentioned it a few months ago. He said he made a commitment and he's sticking to it. I know little of whats going on, but I do know a lot that Scott & BOD had to do to straighten things out and he gave me tid bits of what they are trying to do.

I wish you well brother and brothers, you got more strength than I do to soldier through what you have. Just keep people informed and do what you think is best. Best of luck and rock on

A commitment and sticking to it...............says a lot

Guy Blackmon

That was to easy Guy...

Not really Ron, all the Membership has asked for has been communication from our Leadership, and this has not been the case for several months. There may have been reasons for this. It is my understanding that changes are coming, and true progress will be forthcoming for the Uamcc. This news is what I have been waiting for, for quite sometime. I believe the source of this information.

Thank you Scott.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Lets hope this BOD is not affraid to realize what they have done. The members just need to be imformed, your right!! I hope the systems are in place soon to insure these types of things never happen again.

Orgs need to progress even if its only service of new members learning what it takes to make the wheels turn.

UAMCC should focus on what they can and be realistic to the economy and member needs today. The future will come and with the future will bring new ideas to the table.

Getting a directory was long wait. Its not the end all but its a beni that will be solid and will generate awareness of each member equally. Used properly it will even make it more successful.

Smaller obtainable goals is the ticket to success, baby steps!!!

Forget about the pie in the sky dreams right now bring real solid benifits.

That was to easy Guy...

Not really Ron, all the Membership has asked for has been communication from our Leadership, and this has not been the case for several months. There may have been reasons for this. It is my understanding that changes are coming, and true progress will be forthcoming for the Uamcc. This news is what I have been waiting for, for quite sometime. I believe the source of this information.