• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

What's going on?

I've checked in and out of this forum for a while now... :frown: what's going on?

Who is on the BOD? I see that many have stepped down, but who is now running the UAMCC?

What's the plan for the UAMCC?

I don't know if I am still current or if my membership has lapsed - not sure if it really matters...

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
I've checked in and out of this forum for a while now... :frown: what's going on?

Who is on the BOD? I see that many have stepped down, but who is now running the UAMCC?

What's the plan for the UAMCC?

I don't know if I am still current or if my membership has lapsed - not sure if it really matters...

Welcome back Steve. Yes, some BOD members have stepped aside, mostly due to time conflicts and the need to pay more attention to their business. Since we are all contractors - and most of our companies require us to actually wash - choices sometimes have to be made between running an org and running a business and caring for our families. Tough choices, but family has to come first.

Currently, the BOD is down to 5, though we hope to add a few soon. Scott Millen, Mike Tessarro, Mike Cook, Trevor Steel and me, John Orr.

The UAMCC plan is to basically re-build, starting with finally being able to take ownership of this BBS. We are hoping to announce, within the next week, the beta version of our Contractor Directory. A new RFP is also in the works.

All memberships were extended 3 months to July 1. The BOD has had to re-build virtually every aspect of the UAMCC and it has taken us some time to do it. We felt it only fair to add back this "lost time". Had we been able to hit the ground running when we were seated Jan. 1, this could have been avoided, but on top of the challenges the BOD was handed, we soon ran into the busy season. Not offering an excuse - just an explanation.

And finally, yes it matters. The UAMCC is moving forward and member participation will be actively sought.

Eric Flynn

Welcome back Steve. Yes, some BOD members have stepped aside, mostly due to time conflicts and the need to pay more attention to their business. Since we are all contractors - and most of our companies require us to actually wash - choices sometimes have to be made between running an org and running a business and caring for our families. Tough choices, but family has to come first.

Currently, the BOD is down to 5, though we hope to add a few soon. Scott Millen, Mike Tessarro, Mike Cook, Trevor Steel and me, John Orr.

The UAMCC plan is to basically re-build, starting with finally being able to take ownership of this BBS. We are hoping to announce, within the next week, the beta version of our Contractor Directory. A new RFP is also in the works.

All memberships were extended 3 months to July 1. The BOD has had to re-build virtually every aspect of the UAMCC and it has taken us some time to do it. We felt it only fair to add back this "lost time". Had we been able to hit the ground running when we were seated Jan. 1, this could have been avoided, but on top of the challenges the BOD was handed, we soon ran into the busy season. Not offering an excuse - just an explanation.

And finally, yes it matters. The UAMCC is moving forward and member participation will be actively sought.

Thanks John. Personally, I would like to see an update every once in a while on the Org's status.
As a suggestion, maybe the BOD could assign someone to be the "BBS Spokesperson" to give the members weekly updates as things happen.
Right now, aside from the new BBS layout, it appears as nothing is happening. That may not be the case, but if updates were posted (no matter how small the completed task was) I am sure some members would feel a tad bit better about the BOD's progress.

~Jen

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Thanks John. Personally, I would like to see an update every once in a while on the Org's status.
As a suggestion, maybe the BOD could assign someone to be the "BBS Spokesperson" to give the members weekly updates as things happen.
Right now, aside from the new BBS layout, it appears as nothing is happening. That may not be the case, but if updates were posted (no matter how small the completed task was) I am sure some members would feel a tad bit better about the BOD's progress.

~Jen

Its appears alot of folks upset because they believe the bod has done nothing. The BOD has done in a very short time what took 18 months they did in maybe 12 weeks. re-built the org from ground up.

I want to thank them for keeping the Dream alive and wish others would now realize they have re-created the org.

The Bod has created everything from the very start.

Its would be easier with there help to just tell us what was kept? I dont want to make false statement so people reading this understand that this is true.

This is not about the negative of the past but how strong these leaders have actually been.

Each and everyday they have been working hard behind the scenes to re-start virtually every process and create new ones that where never in place and should have been.

Each day they kept focused and on track despite the people judging them.

They took the high road and at first I thought that throwing the old people of the past under the bus was the right thing. I was wrong, the courage to hold all the responisbility upon there own shoulders and let the chips fall where they may. This was the right choice and now the org I brlieve will be stronger and better than it every was.

This is my point on this. The reason I beleive this is because the old org was built with one person or just a select few. This one was built by all of of, by the hand of the members of elected people who we all believed in.

We all need to once again believe and trust. Time will heal all wounds, now I want to apoligize to the New BOD for not understanding why they did what they did. I see I was wrong and this will certainly build a stronger foundation. The reason why are not relavent anylonger. We now have a united UAMCC and its up to member to come together and support the UAMCC.

Its time to believe in the dream we all together, each person here saw and realized the dream. I know the dream is not lost!!!

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Good Question Steve and there are some good and fair responses to it. I also would like to see the BOD's at times post here on this bb to see what there up to but I understand that its a BOD decision whether they feel this bulletin board is where they want to do that. Myself being a bulletin board type person I say bring the news to the masses thru this board and maybe even on some other boards if those boards allow it. But in the past thru the PWNA my belief about this was not the popular one.

Lets see if we can keep this board up to par by doing our best to keep it professional and also a bb where we can interact with members and non members and if we can do that with not to much collateral damage and the BOD's see this maybe they will decide to post here and keep us updated..... but we must try to keep this bb as professsional and respectful as can be expected.

Thanks for the clarification John - I understand the time conflict issues, that's one of the reasons why I withdrew from my BOD nomination way back when.

I wish you and the other BOD nothing but good fortune in your own businesses and in realizing your vision for the UAMCC.

(in regard to the last few months and going forward) collectively, your steadfastness is to be commended.

Jim Cooney

I have nothing but respect for Scott Millen. I hope that someday we can finally hear from Scott. But at this point I don't blame him a bit for his abstinence.

Seems I had a thread with that same question Scott. Will we ever hear from the President????.............. Cue John Orr.

Guy Blackmon

Jim, I'm right there with you Buddy. Met Scott in Myrtle Beach when he was on the TT, seemed like a really nice guy, but I must question the Leadership of the Uamcc President that has not communicated with the Membership in 2 or 3 months. This whole Howard Hughes thing is creeping me out.

It's my understanding that he is well aware of whats going on, so why don't we hear from him?????

Trevor Steel

Hang in there guys. Scott's leadership is instramental on the board level and his confidence and persistence have played a huge role in the survival of this org.

Eric Flynn

I do not doubt that one bit Trevor. Scott is a stand up guy. Eric and I truly enjoyed hanging with him in Orlando and I was glad that he decided to take over as President on the BOD.

The only thing I was suggesting is that the members be given updates, and not left in the dark about the BOD's progress. It seems like everyone is just hanging out waiting on some news...something...anything. I KNOW the BOD has been diligently working on the rebuild and I am excited to hear about the upcoming progress.

Regardless of all the chatter about the Org going down the drain, there are members like Eric and I who are still sticking around. We still believe. All we are asking for is some form of communication.

~Jen

Carlos Gonzales

I do not doubt that one bit Trevor. Scott is a stand up guy. Eric and I truly enjoyed hanging with him in Orlando and I was glad that he decided to take over as President on the BOD.

The only thing I was suggesting is that the members be given updates, and not left in the dark about the BOD's progress. It seems like everyone is just hanging out waiting on some news...something...anything. I KNOW the BOD has been diligently working on the rebuild and I am excited to hear about the upcoming progress.

Regardless of all the chatter about the Org going down the drain, there are members like Eric and I who are still sticking around. We still believe. All we are asking for is some form of communication.

~Jen

I agree Jen...there are many that are looking forward in seeing the rebuild which one can assume that a whole new approach to the marketing of the UAMCC, the "systems" of the assoc., the "infrastructure" is or had been rebuilt. I would hope that the BOD's will be able to show that members that the Oversight Committee was involved or at least notified that a total rebuild of the UAMCC was in the works. To be honest with you this is the first I heard about a total rebuild. The new business plan should be a good read, complete with projections, forecasts, region set up, convention, marketing, budgets, Oversight Committee, time line projections...the list goes on and on. I am looking forward to reading it. BOD's ...when will this be available?

Jim Cooney

The Oversight Committee has yet been allowed to oversee anything Carlos.

I agree Jen...there are many that are looking forward in seeing the rebuild which one can assume that a whole new approach to the marketing of the UAMCC, the "systems" of the assoc., the "infrastructure" is or had been rebuilt. I would hope that the BOD's will be able to show that members that the Oversight Committee was involved or at least notified that a total rebuild of the UAMCC was in the works. To be honest with you this is the first I heard about a total rebuild. The new business plan should be a good read, complete with projections, forecasts, region set up, convention, marketing, budgets, Oversight Committee, time line projections...the list goes on and on. I am looking forward to reading it. BOD's ...when will this be available?

Ken Fenner

I am guessing "complete rebuild" is a buzzword thrown out by Ron. A complete rebuild would be as Carlos stated: new business plan, new projections, different pricing structure, new systems of daily operations, changed bylaws, new marketing plans, a new laundry list of benefits, an RFP program and a new website with all committees established and a plan of attack for regional setup.

More likely this term "rebuild" is being used to denote the transfer from Carlos's name into the UAMCC's name. I've heard people say the BOD is now free from UAMCC BBS drama and they can get things done. The BBS was down for 6 weeks and the new BOD has been seated for 5 full months. What exactly has been done? I had to laugh when I read Ron's post that more has been accomplished in a few weeks than all the time prior. I love the new vBulletin but that is paying a guy $75 to upgrade the BBS... its a software upgrade. I'm not making light of it, it is what it is. I am not judging the BOD in any way. These guys are volunteering their time. They give what they can. But "complete rebuild" is a slight exageration when in reality we are talking about a forum software update and a payment plan worked out with George Hedley.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Let's make this simple, what did they not have to transfer and recreate from the start?

I am guessing "complete rebuild" is a buzzword thrown out by Ron. A complete rebuild would be as Carlos stated: new business plan, new projections, different pricing structure, new systems of daily operations, changed bylaws, new marketing plans, a new laundry list of benefits, an RFP program and a new website with all committees established and a plan of attack for regional setup.

More likely this term "rebuild" is being used to denote the transfer from Carlos's name into the UAMCC's name. I've heard people say the BOD is now free from UAMCC BBS drama and they can get things done. The BBS was down for 6 weeks and the new BOD has been seated for 5 full months. What exactly has been done? I had to laugh when I read Ron's post that more has been accomplished in a few weeks than all the time prior. I love the new vBulletin but that is paying a guy $75 to upgrade the BBS... its a software upgrade. I'm not making light of it, it is what it is. I am not judging the BOD in any way. These guys are volunteering their time. They give what they can. But "complete rebuild" is a slight exageration when in reality we are talking about a forum software update and a payment plan worked out with George Hedley.