Thread: Rain Barrels?

Default Rain Barrels?

Check out this site. It shows a segment about using rain barrels. Never thought to much about them till I saw this. Could it help you? http://ecoloque.com
    Last edited by Terry Miller; 05-31-2008 at 05:28 PM. Reason: miss spell
    Our Passion is Coatings,
    Our Obsession is Service!

Terry Miller COO
    Tegrey Family of Coatings inc.
    330-418-8955

Default Re: Rain Barrels?

I guess when you click onto the site, it changes. You will get the idea. Save Water. Thank You.
    Our Passion is Coatings,
    Our Obsession is Service!

Terry Miller COO
    Tegrey Family of Coatings inc.
    330-418-8955

Thumbs up Re: Rain Barrels?

Terry, I'm told rain barrels are great for watering plants in the house, because rainwater has a sizeable amount of dissolved nitrogen in it. That helps the soil quality in your potted plants.

One thing to remember, though is to thoroughly screen the barrel, with screen fine enough to exclude mosquitos, otherwise, you're going to have a lively barrel indeed!

I left a 5 gallon bucket open-side up in the truck of my old (junker!) pickup without thinking a couple of weeks back. Just last Friday I was making a quick run to the store and took that truck. When I came out of the store, there was a wet spot on the parking spot, and I was concerned that my old pal was ailing.

Nope! It was slop draining from the truck after sloshing from the bucket...and I mean to tell you, that water was LIVELY!

I'm also guesssing, from the reek, that the inhabitants were living off a mixture of beans, cabbage, and beer!

I think you have to make an effort to keep vegetable material and insects out to have useable (not potable) rainwater.

I love gadgety, small-contribution efforts like this idea. I'm sitting here thinking about the auto-irrigation set-up I could build with a few barrels plumbed into my flower-beds in the yard.

Maybe when I get a little time...;)
    Scott Millen
    Time is the greatest teacher of all, unfortunately, she kills every one of her students.
    Reach me anytime: (402) 670-4214 or scott@stainlessdeal.com
    LABOR OMNIA VINCIT
    www.stainlessdeal.com

• Thread Information