• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

UAMCC Contractor Directory update

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
In the VERY near future, The UAMCC Contractor Directory will be ready for Beta testing. With this in mind, there are a few questions to answer, like...

Which categories should be available to add to your profile eg: decks, house wash, etc. or would Commercial, Residential and Industrial be enough?

We are also going to be looking for beta testers to work-out any likely bugs. The goal is to have a fully functioning Directory ASAP and your assistance is needed to make sure it gets done right. Also, where should the "button" be? The Website obviously, but how 'bout on the BBS as well? I'm sure we get guests in here that are homeowners looking for help and I think that offering as many opportunities for them to find it the better for all.

Jeff LeCours

Maybe members could submit a few lines or is that to much of a PITA for now. I only go after multi unit properties, residential & or commercial doesn't really cover much of what I do

I would ask that Multi Unit property cleaning Apartment & Condominum Complexes be added

Yes I think a directory should also be on the BB

Great on the directory UAMCC, I'm excited

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
OK, how 'bout we start a list. As new categories are added, I'll add to this list.

KEC
Fleet
Multi-Unit dwellings
Sidewalks

Last edited:

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Maybe members could submit a few lines or is that to much of a PITA for now. I only go after multi unit properties, residential & or commercial doesn't really cover much of what I do

I would ask that Multi Unit property cleaning Apartment & Condominum Complexes be added

Yes I think a directory should also be on the BB

Great on the directory UAMCC, I'm excited

I'm not sure what the breakdown is; whether the number of categories adds to cost or how many categories a contractor selects. These are issues we need to work out. I would prefer to offer as many categories as possible, then place the limit on how many we can select.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Lots of catagory for sure...

Fleets
KEC
Sidewalk cleaning

Those are the big commercial stuff, have to have those for sure.

Eric Flynn

In the VERY near future, The UAMCC Contractor Directory will be ready for Beta testing. With this in mind, there are a few questions to answer, like...

Which categories should be available to add to your profile eg: decks, house wash, etc. or would Commercial, Residential and Industrial be enough?

We are also going to be looking for beta testers to work-out any likely bugs. The goal is to have a fully functioning Directory ASAP and your assistance is needed to make sure it gets done right. Also, where should the "button" be? The Website obviously, but how 'bout on the BBS as well? I'm sure we get guests in here that are homeowners looking for help and I think that offering as many opportunities for them to find it the better for all.

Awesome! Something the Org has needed for quite sometime.Thanks John.

~Jen

Henry Bockman

I thought membership I cluded being listed in the "member" directory. Why should me
bers be limited at all that's the only member benefit there is now isn't it?

Michael Tessaro

Here are a few for starters ........ Please C/P and add to list

Commercial
Residential
Industrial
KEC Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning
Shopping Center Cleaning
Sidewalks
Driveways
Drive Thrus
Dumpster pad cleaning
Parking Garage Cleaning
Parking Lots
Truck Washing
Fleet Washing
Filter cleaning
Roof Washing
Gutter Cleaning
House Washing
Building Washing
Fence cleaning
Deck Washing
Car Lot Car Washing
Window Washing
Wear house Washing
Boat Washing
Apartment Building
Condos
Multi Unit Building Washing

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Now we need to figure out, do we want all of them or some of them?

Here are a few for starters ........ Please C/P and add to list

Commercial
Residential
Industrial
KEC Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning
Shopping Center Cleaning
Sidewalks
Driveways
Drive Thrus
Dumpster pad cleaning
Parking Garage Cleaning
Parking Lots
Truck Washing
Fleet Washing
Filter cleaning
Roof Washing
Gutter Cleaning
House Washing
Building Washing
Fence cleaning
Deck Washing
Car Lot Car Washing
Window Washing
Wear house Washing
Boat Washing
Apartment Building
Condos
Multi Unit Building Washing

Jeff LeCours

I would like to be able to submit say a paragraphs worth of text for my own. Certain number of words something like that. I think you could do something like that on PT State instead of being boxed into categories

Resident commercial is weird for me, I work on housing but is it residential work or commercial work

Lots of contractors specialize and some do everything, I hate being limited to a preexisting list. What if we have a water blasting company and there's no category for that

Can we have were we have our own wording, just a thought

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Go to www.pwna.org I like the way they do it. I've also heard some flack about the way they do theres because some guys might be saying they do it all but they really don't have the ability to do half of whats listed..The example of this would be water tower cleaning and the insurances etc. you really need to do that.

I also like Jeffs Idea to take this a step further and let each contractor that pops up lets say for House washing in a certain state to be able to have maybe a paragraph under there business name to tell a little about there business and what there expertise is in there own wording.

The below captioned is what my company comes up on PWNA's site to give you guys some more idea's here.

find a contractor

• Clean County Powerwashing
    Contact Person: John Tornabene
    Address:
    70 Park Street
    Kings Park, New York 11754
    USA
    Phone: 631-544-4971 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 631-544-4971 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
    Fax: 631-544-4971
    Company Description:
    We have been in the Powerwashing business since 1996 and we service Commercial, Industrial & Residential properties. We do Weekly, Bi- Weekly, Monthly, Bi-Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annually and Annual Cleanings. We are fully Lic/Ins. and PWNA Member since 2000.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
What is the differance between this directory everyone is talking about and http://www.uamcc.org/pressure-washing-services.html on uamcc.org? I put a request in for a test and forgot to say so in it and Henry B and Ryan with A team both responded. I did not think it was working. Can that be upgraded?
Great feature, how do customers find it. I have been a member for a year first I heard of it.

Anyone get a job from it, curious.

Mathew Johnson

Go to www.pwna.org I like the way they do it. I've also heard some flack about the way they do theres because some guys might be saying they do it all but they really don't have the ability to do half of whats listed..The example of this would be water tower cleaning and the insurances etc. you really need to do that.

I also like Jeffs Idea to take this a step further and let each contractor that pops up lets say for House washing in a certain state to be able to have maybe a paragraph under there business name to tell a little about there business and what there expertise is in there own wording.

The below captioned is what my company comes up on PWNA's site to give you guys some more idea's here.

find a contractor

• Clean County Powerwashing
    Contact Person: John Tornabene
    Address:
    70 Park Street
    Kings Park, New York 11754
    USA
    Phone: 631-544-4971 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 631-544-4971 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
    Fax: 631-544-4971
    Company Description:
    We have been in the Powerwashing business since 1996 and we service Commercial, Industrial & Residential properties. We do Weekly, Bi- Weekly, Monthly, Bi-Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annually and Annual Cleanings. We are fully Lic/Ins. and PWNA Member since 2000.

John, that is pretty cool!

Ken Fenner

This is one of the things we made too much like a business. Confuses those that think in one dimension when it comes to a directory.

A directory is great when you have hundreds of members. We had none so we had to come up with a way that would still generate job leads for contractors. That job lead generator was the solution. As an added benefit, when a person requested a contractor, an on-the-ball ED could then call contractors in that area and let them know leads were coming in from their area. That was the way to grow membership. Unfortunately, the convention took over 2009 agenda and this program was not developed properly.

You said it, Ron and you were dead on. This is a digital organization. That's why I did the SEO and focused on the website. That's why I built the pressure washing news. A directory is not going to be the panacea some think it may be. But what do I know?

I am curious about the new directory. Is it going to be integrated into the Joomla content management and tap into the databases? Is it going to be wrapped in the same template as this site? If you guys figured out a way to do that for under $1,500... Kudos!

Ron, check the picture. It is on the top right of the UAMCC homepage.

SCREEN.jpg