• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

UAMCC Contractor Directory update

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
This is part of the problem, i'm not sure the current BOD or the all the past members even know what exsisted and didnt exist.

This is a great feature for sure, one that needs to remain for sure.

Maybe it notifys the closest member with the needs of the customer?

Tell me Ken, how did this actually work. Maybe we dont need to re-invent the wheel.

Lenny Schrecengost

Contributing Member
Ron,
Try it. I went in as a homeowner and listed I needed a contractor with my address and it sent a request to anyone listed for my area. Henry and Ryan are listed for Virginia. It might need some fine tuning.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Ron,
Try it. I went in as a homeowner and listed I needed a contractor with my address and it sent a request to anyone listed for my area. Henry and Ryan are listed for Virginia. It might need some fine tuning.

Ken said its been broke for a few months. I get the idea of how it worked, I definately think it works great if anyone uses it?

Jeff LeCours

Ken said its been broke for a few months. I get the idea of how it worked, I definately think it works great if anyone uses it?

Hey Ron, I don't have your newer Tele number. Can you send it to me text, so I can call you this week. I have a few sales questions I could use your help. Thanks

James

Server Administrator
This is one of the things we made too much like a business. Confuses those that think in one dimension when it comes to a directory.

A directory is great when you have hundreds of members. We had none so we had to come up with a way that would still generate job leads for contractors. That job lead generator was the solution. As an added benefit, when a person requested a contractor, an on-the-ball ED could then call contractors in that area and let them know leads were coming in from their area. That was the way to grow membership. Unfortunately, the convention took over 2009 agenda and this program was not developed properly.

You said it, Ron and you were dead on. This is a digital organization. That's why I did the SEO and focused on the website. That's why I built the pressure washing news. A directory is not going to be the panacea some think it may be. But what do I know?

I am curious about the new directory. Is it going to be integrated into the Joomla content management and tap into the databases? Is it going to be wrapped in the same template as this site? If you guys figured out a way to do that for under $1,500... Kudos!

Ron, check the picture. It is on the top right of the UAMCC homepage.

SCREEN.jpg

I won't give the price on how much it cost as it's not my place to say however it does integrate with Joomla and every existing contractor member (and new ones) can log in and add their own business (I believe that is how we are going to set it up) information, address, etc. Your business will be placed on a map that is search able via name or zip code. It's very cool.

It will have categories as you can't have a giant un-organized list of contractors to scroll through. It's not fully finished yet, but will be hopefully soon... just waiting on the categories to be finalized.

Jim Cooney

James,
Why is my user name and password no longer valid on the UAMCC org site ? I am a paid contractor member of the UAMCC. My user name and password worked last time I attempted to log onto the National site, now all of a sudden I am refused access.

I won't give the price on how much it cost as it's not my place to say however it does integrate with Joomla and every existing contractor member (and new ones) can log in and add their own business (I believe that is how we are going to set it up) information, address, etc. Your business will be placed on a map that is search able via name or zip code. It's very cool.

It will have categories as you can't have a giant un-organized list of contractors to scroll through. It's not fully finished yet, but will be hopefully soon... just waiting on the categories to be finalized.

Jeff LeCours

James something to think about, MANY contractors work in more than one state, if its just by zip code that may stink for some

Now if its a MAP and a contractor can list himself in 2, 3, 4 5 or more states that would be great and fair . Thanks for your help on the UAMCC

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Residential
Housewash
Deck restoration & Finsining
Roof Washing
Driveway cleaning
Gutter Cleaning
Ice Dam Removal
Window Cleaning

Commercial

Kitchen Exaust Cleaning / Hood & Vent Grease cleaning
A. Grease removal
B. Vent & AirDuct Cleaning
C. Coiling Cleaning
D. WHat are some Other Categories

Fleet washing
A. Chrome Cleaning/ Aluminum Brightening
B. Safety Equipment Cleaning
C. Water Reclaiming
D. Heavy Equipment Cleaning
E. Detail Interiors Cab
F. Wash Outs
G.Truck / vehicle Washing

Parking Garage Cleaning
A. Stairwells
B. Ceiling
C. Carbon & Oil removing
D. Floors

Graffiti Removal / Abatement

Sidewalk Cleaning

Window Cleaning
A. Commercial Store Fronts
B. High-rise
C. Water fed Pole cleaning/ DI-Water

Industrial

Building washing

Wear house Cleaning

Interior Floors

Media Blasting

Industrial Equipment Cleaning

Fleets

Residential Community Cleaning / Multi Family Housing

Building Washing
Roof Cleaning
Club house, pool Area and Community
Common Area Cleaning
Dumbster & Trash area Cleaning
Sidewalk Cleaning
Play Ground Equipment
Deck & Fence Restoration

Distributors

Sales
Repair
rental
Chemicals

Last edited:

Trevor Steel

Fleet Washing
Truck/ vehicle Washing
Heavy Equipment cleaning

This should cover all categories for fleet washing the rest is redundant. If you are a fleet washer than you clearly provide those other services as well just my opinion.

Beth Borrego

It's not soda blasting, it's Media Blasting. There are lots of different thing you can blast with, and It's not industrial per e, you can use it both commercially and residentially.

Beth