• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Cleaning vs. Throwing away

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
I'm meeting with another new filter manufacturer next week in Arizona to take a look at his design. He brought up the fact that we are on the same page as far as reducing waste goes so pulled out some of my old research and had forgotten about this:

Using standard throwaway pleated filters:

Each C*stco sized store uses the equivalent of 1 tree per filter change.

It takes 2.2 gallons of water just to to produce a 2 inch standard pleated air filter. (We can clean an equivalent permanent filter using less than 1.5 gallons.

For every ton of paper filters we replace we save:

Over 4000 gallons of water.

17 trees

30 gallons of fuel

42,000 KW of energy

3 cubic yards of landfill space.

Every Single Year!

We use nothing but nature's best cleaner (water) and a less than a gallon of fuel for every tree we save.

How's that for positive?

How can you put statistics to work for you in your area of expertise?

It's pretty easy to find stats for KEC but what about other fields?

Jeff LeCours

I'm meeting with another new filter manufacturer next week in Arizona to take a look at his design. He brought up the fact that we are on the same page as far as reducing waste goes so pulled out some of my old research and had forgotten about this:

Using standard throwaway pleated filters:

Each C*stco sized store uses the equivalent of 1 tree per filter change.

It takes 2.2 gallons of water just to to produce a 2 inch standard pleated air filter. (We can clean an equivalent permanent filter using less than 1.5 gallons.

For every ton of paper filters we replace we save:

Over 4000 gallons of water.

17 trees

30 gallons of fuel

42,000 KW of energy

3 cubic yards of landfill space.

Every Single Year!

We use nothing but nature's best cleaner (water) and a less than a gallon of fuel for every tree we save.

How's that for positive?

How can you put statistics to work for you in your area of expertise?

It's pretty easy to find stats for KEC but what about other fields?

Permanant filters where most likely used for many years am I correct Tony?

Then paper filters for many years for ease and convenience correct

Now back possibly to permanent for the environmental stuff

Funny how things go, interesting facts you posted

Theres so much that could be done I bet to reduce our need for carbon based fuels and the potential for new industries are huge. Sad but we usually come up with some great stuff but then the manufacturing moves out of the country.

I'm not being a tree hugger, I just see so much potential its just I wish we could keep the jobs it spurns in the states

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
I'm not a tree hugger either. I have to stay away from them. (Last time I hugged a tree I got w*od. :)

Electrostatics are seeing a resurgence because of this.

Who knows what the future will hold, but I'm certain the future is not in throwaways.