• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Large House staining job where doing

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Here's a picture of a house we stripped a month ago. The husband and wife took all this time to finally pick a color. He wanted a Cedartone Color and she wanted a Grey color. I liked the husbands color idea much better but of course the wife won out. We Stripped out the black and grey that was in the wood and she wants the grey look. She picked Cabots semi transparent Driftwood Grey. This was supposed to be a spray job but because this house is on the water and the wind factor and the color she picked it became a Hand brushed job. I have 5 guys working on this. Thank God I;m only taking the pictures. I wont be back to this job untill there just about done. Man I hate Stain Jobs especially when they had to be done with a brush.. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT... but this is a Hampton area house and the money...well isnt to bad.

As for the pictures I forgot to take to many before's. I only have these two here. The House came out sweet after stripped but now the Grey is going on... I will post pictures when we get done. Picking colors I never get involved in and this case is a perfect example why. The husband and wife couldnt even agree...

Attachments

• PW pictures 001.jpg
    PW pictures 001.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 38
  • PW pictures 004.jpg
    PW pictures 004.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Bronx Zoo pictures 130.jpg
    Bronx Zoo pictures 130.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 45
  • Bronx Zoo pictures 127.jpg
    Bronx Zoo pictures 127.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Bronx Zoo pictures 126.jpg
    Bronx Zoo pictures 126.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 43

Damaris Sutton

I completed one of these when I worked with my Grandpas company. It was a 3 story cedar shake on the ocean. Pretty cool because on one side a Jacksonville Jaguar lived and on the other the owner of Ocean waves lived. I did get a pair of sunglasses for free. They were about $250, so I had a great day working by the hour back then lol. As far as brushing, since we were paint contractors by trade the brushing was not too bad. The more difficult part was lugging the 40 ft heavy duty rating extension ladders around...yep...thats the way my Papa rolled..old school. He said he had to show why he was charing what he was lol.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
IT rained this past Sunday (Fathers day so I made the decision to not do this job on that day. Here is some pictures we have. This job will be completed tomorrow and I may have some more pictures if I get there. I have to be at a Warehouse on the other side of the Island to look at whats going on in there...that for another thread.

I can't wait to get this house done....I do not like to be married to jobs.Brianna's pictures and Colleens deck 047.jpgBrianna's pictures and Colleens deck 044.jpgBrianna's pictures and Colleens deck 036.jpgBrianna's pictures and Colleens deck 036.jpg

John Tornabene

Member Guest
I wish I had some pictures of the roof of this house also. This house was a forclusor and the Roof was covered in Mold and litchen. Absolulely nasty but it came out clean as can be with a nice Chlorine and low rinse bath,

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Thank god you don't actually have to do anything at your Cop job, you would never have time to run your biz LOL

Very nice John

Hey Jeff you never did call my boss. If you did he probably would have asked you to Powerwash his Condo at Hilton Head SC. You think I have it made we all should be as lucky as him....

Jeff LeCours

Hey Jeff you never did call my boss. If you did he probably would have asked you to Powerwash his Condo at Hilton Head SC. You think I have it made we all should be as lucky as him....

I called him, he said they gave up on you years ago. Then he said something about Barney Fife and one bullet and then hung up
LOL

Was working down in Hilton head a couple month ago. Get some good money there

John Tornabene

Member Guest
I called him, he said they gave up on you years ago. Then he said something about Barney Fife and one bullet and then hung up
LOL

Was working down in Hilton head a couple month ago. Get some good money there
I thought you might have called. My Boss told me some Boston guy who thinks he's a southerner called but he thought it was some telemarketer trying to pump money out of him so he hung up:)

Jeff LeCours

I thought you might have called. My Boss told me some Boston guy who thinks he's a southerner called but he thought it was some telemarketer trying to pump money out of him so he hung up:)

LOL, LOL, LOL
I forgot, he did say one other thing, when he said he gave up on you years ago it was because he just didnt want to bother anymore because he didnt know how to deal with a guy who sleep walks and wears dresses to work

he also said you just dont know how to accessorize either. Cop black shoes, black evening dress was OK he said, but you always wore those darn white socks

John Tornabene

Member Guest
LOL, LOL, LOL
I forgot, he did say one other thing, when he said he gave up on you years ago it was because he just didnt want to bother anymore because he didnt know how to deal with a guy who sleep walks and wears dresses to work

he also said you just dont know how to accessorize either. Cop black shoes, black evening dress was OK he said, but you always wore those darn white socks
LOL..hmmmm owe yea I forgot to add that my boss said he recieved another call from some guy who he said was probably the same guy from Mass. who thinks he's a southerner who was trying to sell him some Bungee cords. I asked my Boss "What the Heck" and he said "John this guy said he jumped off a bridge in boston but he forgot to use his Bungee cords and now since he never took them out of the box they came in he is harping all over the net trying to sell them. My boss said to this guy OMG you must have been hurt real bad and the guy said naahh and because this was a bridge job they gave him tons of money for the fall that he was able to open up a Powerwashing business in the south and make his guys climb tall buildings except they now use Bungee chords so they can jump off when there done..... My boss said this guy is a mental aided and if he ever shows up here we will have to cuff him and have him bussed off to the mental facility FORTHWITH.....lol