Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gutter scrubbing

Default Re: Gutter scrubbing

When I lived in Ohio, gutter scrub came with the house wash. It wash priced accordingly. When I moved to SC people looked at me like I was crazy with my pricing. I had to line item everything, house wash, gutter scrub and so on. Most of time they take the gutter scrub, but if they didn't it was their choice.
    Also, everybody that has been in Lowe's thinks they're a pressure washer.

Just did another good size gutter scrub job, 25 buildings. They added it on as we showed up to start the job. Glad I had Bobs Gutter stuff on the trucks. Got to order some more. I don't know what it is this year, did more gutter scrub jobs than all the past 9 years together. Adds some good $$$$ to a job and the homeowners love they way it looks

We just completed 133 townhomes using Gutter Granade on the gutters. It works great and the owners were impressed. Other pressure washers had never gotten them clean.
    Dave at Highland Contracting
    highlandcontracting@carolina.rr.com
    704-578-2904

Quote Originally Posted by PressurePros View Post
    I think of it differently, John. Just about any carwash you go to has options ranging from a quick pass through the washer for $10 to pretreating wheels, adding car wax and tire shine for $25 to a hand detailing for $100+. If the car wash had your philosophy, every car would leave with gleaming wheels, shiny rubber, a conditioned dashboard and would be ready for a car show. Following your train-of-thought, people would see that car and want the same for their vehicle. Here's the issue with that. Not everyone will want a super premium service all the time. In the winter I want to rinse off the salt and be out of there. That's worth $10 to me. If I had to pay $25 I would go to your competitor down the street.

I am a believer in the loss leader philosophy. As it applies to our house washes, we don't lose money on our budget/basic plan but it allows me to compete with lower price advertising. During a sale is when I upsell the appeal of gutter scrubbing, the protection of a polymer coating and the added enhancement of brushing windows. If people still opt for the budget plan that is their prerogative. Our house wash mix makes the gutters look much better. People walking by on the street are at a great enough distance that un-brushed gutters will not make the house look terrible.

Let me throw this at you as a devil's advocate... why not include roof washing in your house wash? Their is nothing that detracts more from curb appeal than a dirty roof. I don't care how clean the gutters are. I've been touting offering different plans and levels of service for years. Its a great closer. I don't ask if they would like to hire us. That's a given. I ask which plan best suits their needs. There isn't a separate option for getting another estimate ;-)
    I couldnt agree more. Several times this year our $197 house wash got us in the door, only to convert to a 500-600 house wash. I've raised my premium package price twice this year, and that doesnt stop people. We did a gutter scrub sample just the other day for a woman and it went from a low $300 job to just right over $500. We were there 1hr and 15 minutes.

OK, OK see now here's the thing, a few weeks ago I tried a "new" cleaner for gutters Totally Awesome Cleaner from Dollar General. Took the paint right off the darn thing. Lucky for me it was my house, and the back side. So LOOOOONG story short, we are getting new gutters. The sales rep laughed REAL hard. He almost hurt my tender feelings. Anyway when he stopped laughing, he told me that that the gutter companies actually recommend using a 50/50 mix of water and distilled white vinegar. So maybe I'll try that on the back of the garage before they come and put the new gutters on.
    Randy Borio
    Panther Outdoor Maint. Service
    pantheroutdoor@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
    OK, OK see now here's the thing, a few weeks ago I tried a "new" cleaner for gutters Totally Awesome Cleaner from Dollar General. Took the paint right off the darn thing. Lucky for me it was my house, and the back side. So LOOOOONG story short, we are getting new gutters. The sales rep laughed REAL hard. He almost hurt my tender feelings. Anyway when he stopped laughing, he told me that that the gutter companies actually recommend using a 50/50 mix of water and distilled white vinegar. So maybe I'll try that on the back of the garage before they come and put the new gutters on.
    Randy, why dont you just get what works and what the pro's use. Why Dollar General stuff and why White Vin & Water. We have now done thousands and thousands of feet of gutter and hundreds of other contractors have to Using Bob Pressure Teks gutter cleaner. Also why dont you just repaint your gutters

Quote Originally Posted by JL Pressure View Post
    Randy, why dont you just get what works and what the pro's use. Why Dollar General stuff and why White Vin & Water. We have now done thousands and thousands of feet of gutter and hundreds of other contractors have to Using Bob Pressure Teks gutter cleaner. Also why dont you just repaint your gutters
    Yea but Jeff alot of guys also use purple power or simple green. Ive never tried them so I cant attest to their ability but some guys swear by them.

Randy, It sounds like you either used it in too strong of a solution, let it dwell too long or scrubbed too hard. Ive taken paint off of the gutter with F13 too by scrubbing too hard and had to repaint. Im all for finding a cheaper solution if it works.
    Scott Davis
    Confident Roof Cleaning

I've never tried f13 or Bobs stuff, I usually just use my house wash (Powerhouse) and I rarely ever have a problem getting them clean just X jetting the soap on, then rinsing it off in 90 seconds or so.
    Henry Bockman 301-216-9675
    Henry's Housework Inc & Commercial Restorations
    13433 Tilford Court Germantown, MD 20874

Your telling me the tiger stripes come off with no brushing or any type of gutter cleaner.

Yep isn't that how your doing it?
    Henry Bockman 301-216-9675
    Henry's Housework Inc & Commercial Restorations
    13433 Tilford Court Germantown, MD 20874

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information