Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Reefer Trailer pricing

Default Re: Reefer Trailer pricing

Ok I get the idea... so how am I supposed to prove I am who I say I am? All I asked for was very general guidelines on pricing a trailer... is it a $50 or $500 job, what sort of range and what would affect the range, do you charge extra for insides or price inclusive, that sort of stuff.... Anyway, my mistake - guess I'll just enter the business working with pure guesswork.

I know it'd probably take me an hour or so to clean a dirty trailer, so $5 gas for my machine, say $10 for detergent, $3 for a bottle of pop in case I get thirsty.... I'll email the guy with that breakdown, tell him I'll charge him $19 for it and see what happens. All being well I'll make $1 profit on it.. not bad considering I have no clue what is a reasonable price and what is going to get me flat out laughed at.

According to the posted BBS rules, all posters are to have a signature with their name and company name. A phone number is optional.
    However, if you really want answers to your questions you will include all info including your location. You don't have to include it, but remember that other users don't have to answer your questions.
    Thad Eckhoff
    Apex Services
    (601) 329-5819

Quote Originally Posted by somepressure View Post
    Ok I get the idea... so how am I supposed to prove I am who I say I am? All I asked for was very general guidelines on pricing a trailer... is it a $50 or $500 job, what sort of range and what would affect the range, do you charge extra for insides or price inclusive, that sort of stuff.... Anyway, my mistake - guess I'll just enter the business working with pure guesswork.

I know it'd probably take me an hour or so to clean a dirty trailer, so $5 gas for my machine, say $10 for detergent, $3 for a bottle of pop in case I get thirsty.... I'll email the guy with that breakdown, tell him I'll charge him $19 for it and see what happens. All being well I'll make $1 profit on it.. not bad considering I have no clue what is a reasonable price and what is going to get me flat out laughed at.
    It shouldn't take you an hour per trailer maybe 6-8 per hour. Just remember the general target $100 per hour, and start building your business around that. YOu will soon find out what works for you and if you make money @ $19.00 per trailer. I have some trailers that are washed at $16.00 per trailer and others that are @ $25.00 per trailer. The variables that mean the most are the intervals of washing, as well as the location and its relevance to other stops we currently make. If the account has 50 pieces the pricing will generally be lower than a stop that has 10 trailers.

Chris: Thank you! That is very helpful and I appreciate it.

Clean Image / Thad: Please read the start of this thread and you will see the error message I get continually when I try to access my account control panel. You will however also see all the info I WOULD happily put in my sig in one of my posts, including my phone number. here it is again....

SOME PRESSURE
    Pressure Washing Services
    541-9571 / some_pressure@yahoo.ca
    New Germany, NS B0R1E0

UPDATE... you guys are going to be really happy because guess what, my account control area is working today and I filled in my sig for you with exactly the same info I posted earlier in this thread. And there was much rejoicing.
    SOME PRESSURE

New Germany, NS B0R1E0

yayyyyyy! lol thanks for hanging in there. My experience is similar to Chris. There are many things that can affect the price. I like to start high and then find ways to lower my price to beet the competition and in this field of work you almost always be assured there will be other bids. Number of pieces of equipment, will there be any aluminum brightening, Reclaim?, and frequency of wash. I also like to provide two quotes whether they ask for it or not. One is for a bi-weekly service (higher price) and the other for a weekly service (as low as I can get it ) Like chris said everyones prices will vary the goal is to streamline your cleaning process and become the fastest and best at what you do so you can get away with charging less than your competition. Hope this helps.

Thanks Trevor, yes very helpful... thank you for your patience and time :)
    SOME PRESSURE

New Germany, NS B0R1E0

Sig's are important

Doug Rucker-Owner/Operator
    Certified NCE Instructor
    We own and operate a School for Pressure Washing, Roof Cleaning, and Soft Washing http://www.pressurecleaningschool.com
    Check out our ONLINE PRESSURE WASHING SCHOOL with over 160 videos https://www.pressurecleaningschool.c...ashing-school/
    Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com

With me I could say, but what I charge may not be what you or others should charge. It really depends on your funds.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information