Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reefer Trailer pricing

Default Reefer Trailer pricing

I know some people aren't going to like this (asking about pricing, due to the 100's of variables) but I apologies, I just really need some advice!

I have been putting my name out and about to potential commercial clients and although the response has been ...**yawn** so far I have had one person come back to me. They very (un)helpfully provided minimum details in asking for a quote for cleaning reefer trailers.

They haven't told me how many trailers (not more than a couple I would think, knowing the outfit) or anything about whether this would be a regular clean, or a case of cleaning 5 years of dirt off an old trailer that has been sitting idle in the yard!!! I'm guessing this is point A in deciding on pricing, but still, please bear with me.

This minimal info I can provide right now is not very helpful I know.. but any thoughts on pricing would be appreciated (and how this might vary once I do get more details) as I just really don't want to go straight back to the client, open my mouth and immediately look like I have no clue what I'm talking about! (technically true at this point, but not good for business....) Thanks

Default Re: Reefer Trailer pricing

Fill out your signature and you may get some help but personally I cannot give you input as the main factor in my pricing is based on HOW OFTEN & HOW MANY, nothing to me is more important in fleetwashing

I tried to fill out the [pointless] signature for you, and got...
    Fatal error: Class 'vBCms_Route_List' not found in /home4/theuamcc/public_html/forum/member.php on line 567

seems like answering your question is pointless then

Some people are not comfortable sharing pricing info, and not knowing who you are or where you operate doesn't help. You could be in direct competition with some of the members here.don't be discouraged people will help if you full in your signature.hope this helps.

So what, because the site wont let me do it your going to ignore me mobilewashpros? How mature. My 'point' was, does it really matter if my sig is filled out, you can see from my username my company name, and I'll happily provide you with the rest of the info. It's not like I'm hiding anything (?!?)...

Given that you are southern US and I am East Canada I doubt we have many competition issues...

Cameron
    New Germany, NS B0R1E0
    Last edited by somepressure; 07-17-2010 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by somepressure View Post
    So what, because the site wont let me do it your going to ignore me mobilewashpros? How mature. My 'point' was, does it really matter if my sig is filled out, you can see from my username my company name, and I'll happily provide you with the rest of the info. It's not like I'm hiding anything (?!?)...

Given that you are southern US and I am East Canada I doubt we have many competition issues...

Cameron
    New Germany, NS B0R1E0

nothing more to add to this thread. I actually had a long thought out post that had good pointers on pricing in it but after a quick re-read of your comment back to the request for a signature I see I am done here. You join the forum on 7-9 then get upset 6 days later when you post a thread about pricing. Best of luck
    Last edited by Chris Tharpe; 07-18-2010 at 12:16 AM. Reason: nothing more to add

I am close to Chris in pricing. I like weekly washes myself, though. By the way, you are probably a bit foolish to complain that someone does not want to help you on pricing. He has no idea if it is one of his accounts that you are trying to undercut. Silliness abounds sometimes, every where.
    Scott Stone
    The-washer@msn.com
    602-509-9741
    Office 480-834-3434

And to think that all I was politely asking for was a vague, ballpark guide on pricing... I get scolded, ignored and mildly abused - not to mention called 'silly'. Wow.
    Last edited by somepressure; 07-20-2010 at 01:42 AM.

You need to stop and think about this. Put it this way, a guy calls you on the phone. Says that he is from California, tells you he is going into business, and wants your pricing. What do you do? You don't know for sure who the guy is, and if he really is from California. Do you give him general information, or do you give him exact information?
    I have had that scenario happen. Had a competitor call me saying that they were from somewhere else to get my pricing. I knew they were lying because of caller ID. Imagine my lack of surprise when a contract I was bidding on came up with their bid, 5% lower then the price I gave them.
    Scott Stone
    The-washer@msn.com
    602-509-9741
    Office 480-834-3434

• Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information