• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

How much fuel you use and cost to run your unit?

cleanhoods

I was wondering on average how many jobs can you clean on a tank of fuel?
I have an electric unit which i modified slightly and on average i will use about 2-3 gallons of fuel per job so i can run up to 3 jobs to a tank on average.
I feel for the KEC side of the business electric is the way for cost effectivness unlike a gas job not only that there is fuel for the burner also you got the fuel for the gas motor,oil for the gas motor,plugs,air filter,and so on seems more cost for maintenance.
So my cost to run my unit for one job is about 10.00.
Marko

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
For coil cleaning with the 11hp machine it is about $7/hr and the 20hp machine is about $10/hr for both gas and diesel.

Michael Tessaro

Our machines run on gas for the engine and diesel for the burner. We can run 1 gallon per hr gas and diesel is a little more. Our average 3 - 4 hr job only has a run time of less than 2 hrs. So the machines are only on less than half the time on the job. It take more fuel to get to and from the jobsite.

William Page

Machines burn a gallon an hour. Doing apartments that's 10 hours, times 6 machines, or 60 gallons and day and minimal fuel in the trucks. On residential days it is a lot more fuel in the trucks and the machines only run about 6 or 7 hours a day. Either way it is averages out to about 90 gallons a day.

Alexy

Our machines run on gas for the engine and diesel for the burner. We can run 1 gallon per hr gas and diesel is a little more. Our average 3 - 4 hr job only has a run time of less than 2 hrs. So the machines are only on less than half the time on the job. It take more fuel to get to and from the jobsite.

On a honda 13 hp GX-390 engine hot water skid uses about .8 gallons a hour of gas and 1.1 gallons of diesel a hr running right at 200 degrees. I allways figure 1 gallon on both for every hour of use.

cleanhoods

That is why i am running an electric belt drive unit no cost at all except for the burner which i can run up to 3 jobs,which is a real bargain and money saver in my eyes.
Marko

Alexy

With the change from a trailer to a van that will be done this winter it's going to make a bigger difference on gas saving...

You get a chain of restaurants that you can keep on a schedule that has a good 30 amp circuitfor 110V or a 20 amp 220V a electric hot water machine can make quick work and save you some money in gas savings. Also pumps on electric machines last longer since they are not vibrated to death.

Stephane Gamelin

You get a chain of restaurants that you can keep on a schedule that has a good 30 amp circuitfor 110V or a 20 amp 220V a electric hot water machine can make quick work and save you some money in gas savings. Also pumps on electric machines last longer since they are not vibrated to death.

I'm fortunate enough to have only 1-2 restaurants that don't have enough amp to make my main unit works properly... In this case I'm using a smaller back-up unit that run on electricity was well but only draws 14-15 amps instead of 19-20 with the main unit!

Alexy

I also try to not put gas in my burner!

I went to go get a seal kit from a repair shop and there were 2 machines from the same company in there to have thier coils replaced for that very reason One was a horsty that was a complete basket case on the burner. Blew the cap and top4-6 coil rings right up and off the unit. The other was a shark that had the coil and its cover blown out on one side. Said the 2nd one was in a van and the coil pieces were shot through the side of the van when they brought it in.