• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

advice on roof cleaning with surface rotary PW

I am a roofing coating contractor who has two identical 13hp cat pump 3500 psi - 3.5 GPM to 4gpm PW's.

I was looking at the mosmatics surface cleaners and found one for sloped roofing which has adjustable wheels and also looking at a 20-30 inch model for flat EPDM and other roof semiflat surface for coating cleaning and prep purposes. I am looking for industrial grade and cost is not an issue.

Is there a way to combine output of two pumps to get a 3500 psi 8pm? or is that not going to work?

Thanks for help ahead of time...

Jeff LeCours

When you say coatings, will the coatings stand up to the pressure. I am sure someone will step up and help you, but yes machines can be joined.

Anyone?

When you say coatings, will the coatings stand up to the pressure. I am sure someone will step up and help you, but yes machines can be joined.

Anyone?

Sorry - i see how that was confusing - i meant we apply water based coating after the areas are prepped by water pw...

WE are using two identical pw units rated at a 3500 psi 13hp Honda/CAT pump at 4.0 gpm (nozzle size 4.5) to prepare all types of roof surfaces from Ashpalt cap sheet to metal corrugated and all in between. No clay tile. We are based in virginia beach, VA.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Is it as simple as a 3/8" tee with some sort of compensator ?
If the the machines are rated the same then you can do it. You just need that special T that only lets the water go thru it but not back down into it. Michael Hinderliter owns this Powerwashing store http://www.dcs1.com/ and if you search on there you will find it. I have two of them and we almost always are joining our 2- 4gpm machines when it comes to those larger jobs.

Doug Tripp

Is it as simple as a 3/8" tee with some sort of compensator ?

If both machines have a "trapping" unloader then you can just "T" them together. If they have "flow" unloaders then you will need a check valve in each line. That is what John is talking about, and DCS can help you with getting one already amde up.

wgasa

Hello, EPDM PVC TPO membranes hold up well but I think carlisle's guidelines are 2500 psi max. I have used 3500 psi but with a adjustable castering type spinner. I wouldn't use a floater due to membrane wrinkling and or de-lam that will leave ridges or high spots that if caught by spray arm will tear membrane and or bend your spraybar. LOW Low heat is also OK but I forget the spec's.Elastomeric coatings [water base hold up like crap at least in the south your customer will think you poured milk down their spouts or a white cloud will form in the stormwater pond.Think of the millions of flat membrane roofs on highrise or other facilities I have and made $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. JL pressure, your already up there why not plug the membrane ? Also a gray scale reflecivity chart is a good selling tool the whiter the membrane the more savings in elecricity, that could add up to thousands a month for huge facilities.... Regards Jeff