• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

grocery store job

pigpen

finally got the call from a grocery chain last week to clean the entire store front.Nasty! Went and purchased a 21'' mosmatic and i dont think i want to do trucks again.Sweet tool.worth every penny. the gum is another issue though.Lots of scraping but it worked. What would be the best approach to get a contract whith this store. This job turned out really nice.Should i wait to see if they call again and then ask,or should i do a walk in and ask.thanks!

Russ Spence

finally got the call from a grocery chain last week to clean the entire store front.Nasty! Went and purchased a 21'' mosmatic and i dont think i want to do trucks again.Sweet tool.worth every penny. the gum is another issue though.Lots of scraping but it worked. What would be the best approach to get a contract whith this store. This job turned out really nice.Should i wait to see if they call again and then ask,or should i do a walk in and ask.thanks!
????? You scraped the gum! Was it a new center or something? Or do you not have cold water?

You can pop gum with the right temp and tip.

Russ Spence

I forget? I am sooo used to the boards and such I forget that there are new guys.

I will be happy to shoot Pigpen the info he needs.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Ask them!!

pigpen

Yes Im very new to this folks,and just needed some straight forward info and tips.I will just return to this board in about 10 years when im a little more experienced like all you pro's.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Yes Im very new to this folks,and just needed some straight forward info and tips.I will just return to this board in about 10 years when im a little more experienced like all you pro's.

Pig, you are asking a question about waiting. We have told you not to wait, no time better than now.

You need to get them on regular maint cleaning if you can. That should be your goal with every Job you land.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Pig, you are asking a question about waiting. We have told you not to wait, no time better than now.

You need to get them on regular maint cleaning if you can. That should be your goal with every Job you land.
Take it from the master thats exactly what you want to do. Also if you don't have one yet you will need to in the near future or as soon as you can get a Hot water Powerwasher or a Hot Box for your cold water Powerwasher if you don't have Hot water already. Hot water Powerwashing is numro important when it comes to popping off gum. Set it at 180-200 degrees and the Gum fly's off.

Good Luck

Russ Spence

Take it from the master thats exactly what you want to do. Also if you don't have one yet you will need to in the near future or as soon as you can get a Hot water Powerwasher or a Hot Box for your cold water Powerwasher if you don't have Hot water already. Hot water Powerwashing is numro important when it comes to popping off gum. Set it at 180-200 degrees and the Gum fly's off.

Good Luck

John I think he alreay left the hog pen?