Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: What a typical RFP bid looks like

  1. #1

    Default What a typical RFP bid looks like

    Here's one that came to the UAMCC awhile back. Some of these RFP's are so involved that you can lose interest after just reading thu a couple of pages. Me and Tony Szabo worked on a different RFP last year that we recieved from the UAMCC and we just lost out on it. It should have been ours and we should have at the very least wacked up the $80,000 for it. This company made the mistake of hiring a local who ended up doing a lousy job. So this year I was asked to bid again as was Tony. I turned it down and Tony was ridicuously lowballed and mine and Tony's guess is this College will be calling again next year and just maybe they will see the light on this... Probably not but you never know.

    For those who never seen an RFP here is an example of one that came by here yesteryear.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  • #2

    Default Re: What a typical RFP bid looks like

    Here's a Walmart RFP that I lost out on a few years ago. I was way overpriced but they did call be to tell me my bid was rejected and thanks for trying... Took me days to do this bid... and I get a thanks for trying

    Maybe one of these days I will nail and large RFP but most likely not. I just can't do them for rock bottom prices no matter how many locations. If my name is attached these places will have to be cleaned the right way and they should pay accordingly and if not I just wont win one and somebody else will be stuck with the losing venture in the end.

    Heres the RFP
    Attached Files Attached Files

  • #3

    Default Re: What a typical RFP bid looks like

    any new ones being sent out, anything since Feb 2010?
    JC Power Wash & Soft Wash LLC
    Jim Chesmore
    609-412-3033
    www.JCSoftWash.com

  • #4

    Default Re: What a typical RFP bid looks like

    Not yet Jim. I think the BOD are working on good things. Hopefully more will be said soon. Also, please refrain from saying what others did or did not do. This is not the place. Maybe other BBS' are ok with it but not here please. Thank you.

  • #5

    Default Re: What a typical RFP bid looks like

    Quote Originally Posted by Aspen Contractors View Post
    Not yet Jim. I think the BOD are working on good things. Hopefully more will be said soon. Also, please refrain from saying what others did or did not do. This is not the place. Maybe other BBS' are ok with it but not here please. Thank you.

    I joined for RFP's, that was a waste of money, huh....

    Thats really funny, the line I highlighted, think back 9 months and you will understand
    JC Power Wash & Soft Wash LLC
    Jim Chesmore
    609-412-3033
    www.JCSoftWash.com

  • #6

    Default Re: What a typical RFP bid looks like

    Jim,
    Please read your PM's.

    To stay professional,
    I dont think joining for RFP's is a waste of money at all. We all want those dont we? There is so much more to any of these Org's than just the RFP's. The Charlotte deal was a good thing. If we congregate as a unity of contractors instead of one there are many changes that can be made. There are several benefits out there waiting for us contractors. Lets wait and see what the BOD says they are going to offer. So far the "stimulus plan" looks intriguing.

  • #7

    Default Re: What a typical RFP bid looks like

    Quote Originally Posted by JCinNJ View Post
    I joined for RFP's, that was a waste of money, huh....

    Thats really funny, the line I highlighted, think back 9 months and you will understand
    LOL

    Whats up Jim, hope allis well for ya

  • #8

    Default Re: What a typical RFP bid looks like

    Quote Originally Posted by John Tornabene View Post
    Here's a Walmart RFP that I lost out on a few years ago. I was way overpriced but they did call be to tell me my bid was rejected and thanks for trying... Took me days to do this bid... and I get a thanks for trying

    Maybe one of these days I will nail and large RFP but most likely not. I just can't do them for rock bottom prices no matter how many locations. If my name is attached these places will have to be cleaned the right way and they should pay accordingly and if not I just wont win one and somebody else will be stuck with the losing venture in the end.

    Heres the RFP
    Walmart Master Service Agreement

  • Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Single Sign On provided by vBSSO