• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Ask any question relating to Flatwork

Terry Miller

Ron,
Sorry for the Bump, but what does a ringer for a cell phone have to do with asking you any questions about flat work? Also you have half of all post here. Am I missing the Value of this post? I do flat work as most people here, and I don't believe it is that complicated to spend hours looking at the post. Is this another lead to the Rontractor? Wouldn't it be great if all posters on all BBS had a seperate section for this type posting? Then we could buy into whatever we want and keep business to business. Just a thought, No remarks needed Please.

Terry Miller

Ron's post?
Cold calls, get to a roundtable I'm at and watch me in action.

Just another ME post?
What value is there for people to build their businesses here? We need to teach folks how to build their business as what I or you do may not be appropriate for them?
Thank You.

Ken Fenner

I'm impartial as my sole task for this board is to administrate and make sure things don't go south.. as such, I think this thread has been very informative and don't find any evidence of self promotion. Terry, I don't know if you have had the opportunity to watch the videos but in my opinion Ron has done his best to help the community by answering questions directly.

topcoat

Contributing Member
I have been finding Ron's video info really interesting. While my company will likely never venture into flatwork or dumpster cleaning, I appreciate Ron's responses, particularly as they relate to general business principles that would be relevant to anyone from a hood cleaner to a deck stainer. Ron does share alot here, and I can relate to their being some concepts or proprietary info that I would not want to post in a public forum either. Its important to remember that the tips we share here are not only able to be read by members of this forum or the UAMCC but also potentially by everyone in the whole wide world wide web. As cutthroat as business is these days, there are many business strategies that I would not want those who would be my competitors to happen upon. I think Ron does a nice job of walking that tightrope. The RT's are probably a great way to qualify the recipients of valuable trade information.

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
Ron's post?
Cold calls, get to a roundtable I'm at and watch me in action.

Just another ME post?
What value is there for people to build their businesses here? We need to teach folks how to build their business as what I or you do may not be appropriate for them?
Thank You.

Is it ever going to end?

My wife has a name for this syndrome.

Here, I'll repost your last apology from December so you don't have to type it again:

Russ & Ron,
Sorry you took the post as you did. I did not say anything negative? Old posts need to be brought forward to realize where we come from sometimes? I only asked contractors to leave time to start more RT or attend the ones beneficial to them. With the economy as it is, there will be some very slim pickens on who can attend RT and how many they will attend. I spent over $5,000. for education this year. We will only spend $3,000 this year. There fore we can only attend certain RT and educational events.
Russ I have no feelings pro or con with Ron. He runs his business and I run mine. Of course we don't do business the same way. No one does. We have been growing our business since day 1. We use all available resources and help from others to do this. We spend thousands helping others as they help us. We have never asked a dime from anyone to grow our business. We have never sold or promoted any thing to grow our business. When I see anyone trying to profit from another contractor, I question this. I will give any business info and help any contractor any help I can. Free. That is our policy.
Ron,
I only spoke that it is good you promote your business and your RT daily on every BBS I post on. There again, I question the need to make money from others and using their businesses to grow mine at their cost. We wrote many times about the idea that you feel nothing free is worth it? It is costing people from the UAMCC, PT and GS to adverrtise your businesses daily. Someone has to pay to even run the sites? Someone has to make the sites available for contractors to network and post their ideas. Having anyone use this form as an advertising agent to grow their business to me is not reasonable. How about me posting daily remarks and selling my business on PWI? This would be no different would it? You kicked APPLE off your site just for this reason? The mentality of "Look at me", is unfair, unless we pay for it. Leading people to my web site from yours, using remarks and doing whatever it takes to get peple away from your site to mine? Unfair? I believe so. Of course we all know the PW industry needs help. We have too many folks working for less money and not growing their business. They need help from all of us. They should not have to pay a dime for assistance or advice.
We should offer our services free. Let's show them how to make a business plan or contact property managers. All free.
I hope all your RT are very profitable for you and those holding them. I also hope some of the money will be used to grow other contractors businesses. Just think if there was an income of $40,000 profit from a year of RT made by someone, and they donated 50% of it to help others! It would be awsome. Especially for those receiving the help.
Let me know when you will sponsor a benefit RT for contractors who need a boost. I will be happy to help you promoting the RT on my web site. I enjoy helping others. Thank you for the advice and info you shared on your ideas. Again, I ment nothing negative about your RT.

Terry Miller COO
Tegrey Family of Coatings inc.
330-418-8955

Tony Shelton

Tony?
Thank You. No apologising for anything I ever wrote. I Only apologise for wasting time that could be used to grow a business.

If you think a thread called "Ask any question relating to Flatwork" is a waste of time IN the Flatwork Cleaning forum, ON a PRESSURE WASHING contractor board then I certainly understand why you need to use your time more effectively growing your business because you certainly aren't willing to grow the business by learning from the experience of others in the field.

The only thing improper about the thread was your whining about Ron.

I just called BS on it because it was BS.

Look, if you guys want this board to be some high and mighty place where you steer people in whatever direction you prefer them to go, via hijacking a thread to "bring them back in line" then you can have it and watch it evaporate in time.

The fact is your remarks about Ron were uncalled for and revealed a lot.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Ron,
I only spoke that it is good you promote your business and your RT daily on every BBS I post on. There again, I question the need to make money from others and using their businesses to grow mine at their cost. We wrote many times about the idea that you feel nothing free is worth it? It is costing people from the UAMCC, PT and GS to adverrtise your businesses daily. Someone has to pay to even run the sites? Someone has to make the sites available for contractors to network and post their ideas. Having anyone use this form as an advertising agent to grow their business to me is not reasonable. How about me posting daily remarks and selling my business on PWI? This would be no different would it? You kicked APPLE off your site just for this reason? The mentality of "Look at me", is unfair, unless we pay for it. Leading people to my web site from yours, using remarks and doing whatever it takes to get peple away from your site to mine? Unfair? I believe so. Of course we all know the PW industry needs help. We have too many folks working for less money and not growing their business. They need help from all of us. They should not have to pay a dime for assistance or advice.

Indy Power Wash

I don't know if there are long standing bad feelings here but it's pretty strange. Ron drove over 2 hours out of his way at night in the rain in my neck of the woods to have dinner with me. I guarantee I am the ONLY person that gained professionally from the meeting. If developing cold calling skills aren't about building a business I don't know what is.

If you feel it is wasting your time you have the option to STOP reading. If you notice the UAMCC has Google ads and banners to create revenue. Which it should to help it survive. PWI has nothing that I know of. A little self promotion for RT's organized by others that Ron may attend doesn't seem inappropriate to me. Just my opinion.

Carlos Gonzales

If you think a thread called "Ask any question relating to Flatwork" is a waste of time IN the Flatwork Cleaning forum, ON a PRESSURE WASHING contractor board then I certainly understand why you need to use your time more effectively growing your business because you certainly aren't willing to grow the business by learning from the experience of others in the field.

The only thing improper about the thread was your whining about Ron.

I just called BS on it because it was BS.

Look, if you guys want this board to be some high and mighty place where you steer people in whatever direction you prefer them to go, via hijacking a thread to "bring them back in line" then you can have it and watch it evaporate in time.

The fact is your remarks about Ron were uncalled for and revealed a lot.

Hey Tony ~

I don't want this board to be some high and mighty place...nope. It just another BBS where personalities will conflict no matter who is steering the ship.

Out of respect to this board, Terry did speak with me yesterday and said he will no longer post posts regarding Ron. I didn't ask him for that...he just said that is what he is going to do. Problem solved.

Rons contributions have been great to this BBS as with everyone else. Is this BBS perfect..nope...will it ever be...nope.

Carlos Gonzales

I don't know if there are long standing bad feelings here but it's pretty strange. Ron drove over 2 hours out of his way at night in the rain in my neck of the woods to have dinner with me. I guarantee I am the ONLY person that gained professionally from the meeting. If developing cold calling skills aren't about building a business I don't know what is.

If you feel it is wasting your time you have the option to STOP reading. If you notice the UAMCC has Google ads and banners to create revenue. Which it should to help it survive. PWI has nothing that I know of. A little self promotion for RT's organized by others that Ron may attend doesn't seem inappropriate to me. Just my opinion.

I agree Rick....

Hope things are well man!!

Thad Eckhoff

Jim, if Ron doesn't get back to you then PM me about NEST.
I know a lot of people who are angry with them and none who still work for them.

Matt Bryan

Donating Member
Not technically flatwork, but I have a nasty blood stain in my carpet, can you let me know what I need to do to get it out? I swear I know nothing about my wife not showing up for work for a month or the 26 year old stripper living in my house.

Tony Shelton

In bidding shopping centers do you include cleaning the dumpsters everytime or do you charge separately for them as needed.

Do you always include dumpsters with 15 day restaurant cleaning

Do you do any work for apartment complexes (dumpsters, pigeon poop, etc)

What do you use to clean a "Kool Deck" pool deck?

Does a one legged duck swim in circles?

Thank you.