• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Ask any question relating to Flatwork

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Does bleach whiten concrete ? Heard it did but don't know for myself. Thanks :confused: any info. anybody

Bleach Extracts pigmet out of just about everything it touches. So yes if you have mold or mildew it will extract the color and make the concete appear brighten.

If you use it on New concrete you would not see much of a difference.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
cleaning the dumpsters everytime or do you charge separately for them as needed.

On shopping centers no, on eating places it pretty standard in pricing. Often the restaurants want the dumpster more than there front doors.

Do you always include dumpsters with 15 day restaurant cleaning

99% of the time, we have some that dont care about them.

Do you do any work for apartment complexes (dumpsters, pigeon poop, etc)

Since I met Jeff LeCours I started a campaign on all Residential communitys for dumpster and common area. (pools, clubhouse, play grounds ect.) It reaching to be it own divsion after 2 sort years an keeps more of my equipment running in day light hours. We have increased three fulltime crews in 18 months.
What do you use to clean a "Kool Deck" pool deck?

The correct amount of pressure and a secret chemical. I caution using extreme pressure on old Kool deck.

Does a one legged duck swim in circles?

We will be testing this in the morning, stay tuned.

southwest

Thanks Ron for the info. just two more, do you apply it with the injector or spray it on with a sprayer? and do you leave in on the concrete or rinse it off ? Thanks :confused:

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Thanks Ron for the info. just two more, do you apply it with the injector or spray it on with a sprayer? and do you leave in on the concrete or rinse it off ? Thanks :confused:

I use both, it all depends what I'm cleaning. Flatsurface I use sprayer. Verticle likely injector.

pigpen

Hey ron! Back to this min 6 gal a minuite for flat work. I purchased a hotsy 1200 skidsteer 4.3 3500-4000 psi. From what little i have used it,it gets screaming hot and the pressure is quite powerfull to me.Basically what i could only afford.From what i gathered in your video's you recommend a min 6 gal a min for flat concrete work.Can a few more gal a minuite really make that much difference. Is it really cleaning it better or just faster.I could not see me holding onto a wand with more psi then that for any length of time. Also looking at those floor machines you hook your pressure hose to have a max 4000 psi. Do they make a floor tool to handle more psi or volume of water. I guess once i get out there i will figure out what my machine is capable of doing.Thanks!

Jeff LeCours

Hey ron! Back to this min 6 gal a minuite for flat work. I purchased a hotsy 1200 skidsteer 4.3 3500-4000 psi. From what little i have used it,it gets screaming hot and the pressure is quite powerfull to me.Basically what i could only afford.From what i gathered in your video's you recommend a min 6 gal a min for flat concrete work.Can a few more gal a minuite really make that much difference. Is it really cleaning it better or just faster.I could not see me holding onto a wand with more psi then that for any length of time. Also looking at those floor machines you hook your pressure hose to have a max 4000 psi. Do they make a floor tool to handle more psi or volume of water. I guess once i get out there i will figure out what my machine is capable of doing.Thanks!

There is a major difference from 4 gpm to 5.5 gpm, the PSI you don't need more than what you have, but yes it goes a lot quicker with more GPM. I stayed with 4 gpm for years and once I got 5.5 and now many my machines are 8 gpm, but the difference was HUGE. The faster you go, the more money you make. You can get away with your 4gpm and a 19 inch surface cleaner. Thats how many of us started, you get what you can afford and save for better equipment

Seth Wright

I've done residential pressure washing for several years but I've got an offer to pw 50 gas stations. What kind of setup would be best for that type of work? Thanks.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
you will be ok with the 4 to get started, you will realize when your rinsing how much longer it's taking. Of course if you never put a larger volume wand in your hands you may never miss it.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Its a matter of your water availiability after you reach 7.4 gallons a minute. 1/2 hose connections will not supply enough water without a source. ( water tank or multiple hook ups)

The horizontal surface is sometimes better to use a lower volume because more water can mean more pick up. Awnings and building are verticle cleaning and more volume can speed cleaning tremedously. More speed more profit in your pocket.

Keep in mind with thi comes larger energy bills also.

For Sidewalk cleaning no one will ever talk me into bigger is better. I have tried and have 8 gallons a minute we use for first time cleanings. After that we use lower volume machines to conserve water and energy. EPA freindly lower emmissions also. We sell that agaist our competitors and its works, just landed and account the other day because the property owner noticed the water bill went through the roof with the un-named company. We gave our estimate both ways, usage with a lower volume and reuse. They chose lower volume unit pricing. ( paid us more) LOL

This co was not worried about the cost as much as resources saved. ( Surprise) maybe I'm telling to much?

Looking @ a used rig that has 5.5 & 8.0 gpm both 3500psi. I would think 8.0gpm would be great for flatwork & 5.5gpm for awnings, storefront, ect. I would think that would be more than adequate, right?

Seth Wright

The horizontal surface is sometimes better to use a lower volume because more water can mean more pick up. Awnings and building are verticle cleaning and more volume can speed cleaning tremedously. More speed more profit in your pocket.

Keep in mind with this comes larger energy bills also.For Sidewalk cleaning no one will ever talk me into bigger is better. I have tried and have 8 gallons a minute we use for first time cleanings.

So this would be a good setup for gas stations then right? 8.0gpm for 1st time & HD jobs? 5.5gpm for more routine cleaning?