View Poll Results: If you are a professional it is perfectly acceptable to lobby the local/state/federal government and

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • True

8 50.00%
  • False

8 50.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Government involvement Poll

Default Re: Government involvement Poll

Tony, if you are aware of a specific instance of a company trying to influence a gov't agency to adopt BMP's that only they can meet, please let us know. The UAMCC would want to get involved with that.
    John Orr
    Former UAMCC Board Member/Treasurer
    Low-Pressure Exterior Cleaning
    757/718-5442
    http://www.exteriorcleaning.com

Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com

john, are you going to be in charleston?
    Sonitx
    702-358-7477

Unfortunately that's how Big Government works, if want a certain law to pass or even "Lean" your way, all you have to do is hire a lobbyist (Several Hundred Thousand Dollars) sit back and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy B View Post
    You're one up on me Big Fella, reclaim. That will be my next purchase, and it will be this year......Craigslist and ebay willing.:)

I think it's how you market the Enviro side of this. Sure you may be able to do the same thing with a sump pump and a tank, but it's hard to sell a sump pump and a tank. Demo a Pro reclaim set-up for a customer, demo a sump pump and tank for a customer...See what I mean? I like to make a show of it myself, then sell higher price.

Gov and States are going to enforce CWA, BMP's and it's going to get worse. States are hurting for money, busting Contractors for non-compliance will be a easy Money Maker. I'm going to get ready, even though flatwork ain't my main thing, I'll have more stuff in the yard. :)
    Guy you hit the nail on the head.

We market ourselves just that way. We are the company to use because we can even follow the letter of the law to protect us, our customer and our environment even if it is not required in the areas we are working in. If and when the areas mandate it we are already in compliance and there is nothing to fear we already have the owners and property managers covered. It is our way of being a responsible business with concerne for our customers needs first.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Shelton View Post
    john, are you going to be in charleston?

How can I not be there? LOL
    John Orr
    Former UAMCC Board Member/Treasurer
    Low-Pressure Exterior Cleaning
    757/718-5442
    http://www.exteriorcleaning.com

Unfortuanetly that's the way big biz does it so we all end up doing it also to some extent. For example, I always talk about our equipment, methods, knowledge and training. Then we sell them on the quality of our services.
    Henry Bockman 301-216-9675
    Henry's Housework Inc & Commercial Restorations
    13433 Tilford Court Germantown, MD 20874

Russ, sounds like you and Henry are doing it right. If you were to build a machine that uses solar power to run and then lobbied the government to outlaw all non-solar powerwashing - that would be immoral and a misuse of government.
    Sonitx
    702-358-7477

He'll if I invented that I'd sell it to the go ernment for big bucks and retire on a private island.
    Henry Bockman 301-216-9675
    Henry's Housework Inc & Commercial Restorations
    13433 Tilford Court Germantown, MD 20874

This poll is anonymous so vote how you really feel about it.

True or False

If you are a professional it is perfectly acceptable to lobby the local/state/federal government and help them write BMP's that make it almost virtually impossible for competitors to bid on jobs unless they already own or go out an purchase the thousands of dollars of equipment that you own.

Morally....... No

Smart Business........Yes, If you can get away with it.

This kind of thing has/is happening all the time in the US.

But Obango and Gore would sign that Bill.

Russ, sounds like you and Henry are doing it right. If you were to build a machine that uses solar power to run and then lobbied the government to outlaw all non-solar powerwashing - that would be immoral and a misuse of government.

• Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information