• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Watch All NCE Videos from the entire event Here!!!

Beth Borrego

Ron, you can embed videos here, but please refrain from redirecting traffic to your site and off of here. The UMACC still has a rule in place about that I think......

Beth

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Ron, you can embed videos here, but please refrain from redirecting traffic to your site and off of here. The UMACC still has a rule in place about that I think......

Beth

Thats a Good question, is that stupid rule still in place? I was under the impression that rule left with the guys who where trying to run this as a private enterprise?

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
ron-phone1-1.png

Trevor Steel

perhaps we should only allow suppliers who are members... maybe not what do yall think? It's up to the Admins (who by the way is a major part of the recent success of the UAMCC, Thank you!)

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
perhaps we should only allow suppliers who are members... maybe not what do yall think? It's up to the Admins (who by the way is a major part of the recent success of the UAMCC, Thank you!)

Since you BBS is a Valuable part of the reason Suppliers join it would be silly not to allow us to drive customers to our sites.

Roger Gothorp

Internet traffic seems to be what makes the world go around. Why not just insure that links to off-this-site places open in a NEW window/tab instead of making the visitor leave the site. Easy peasy code. Everyone still keeps their own traffic. This is such a minor thing and I agree with Ron. Besides, what's the difference in putting up a link elsewhere when just about everyone on here has a link in their signature somehow that goes somewhere else.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
I think that the ability of members to embed links adds value to their membership. (I am speaking of paid UAMCC Members.)

As far as I can tell, links are currently opened in a new window, as they should.

Beth Borrego

If it is currently against the rules, then it is currently against the rules. I would have to go reread them, but I think it is still in there. Winter is the time to revisit that (NOT NOW), in the mean time everyone needs to obey them, PERIOD. If we make an exception for one we have to do it for all, and rules are hard enough to enforce.

But like I said, you can embed code and the video will show up in the thread..... and if we are all trying to promote traffic here then why have an outbound link? And vendors can have links in their signature.

I do not want to see a forum full of redirecting spam posts. No one like seeing that in the past.

Beth

Roger Gothorp

FWIW, the original link in this post was not an "embeddable" video.....in order to watch the live feed from the Round Table, you had to go to the NCE site to view it.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Forum Rules
Welcome to the UAMCC Forum! It is our belief you can network, learn, share and forge relationships that will help your business grow. So everyone can have the same opportunity, there are some simple guidelines to follow.

Forum Rules and Regulations

1. Ignorance of forum rules is not justification for misdoing. Please read this section in its entirety. We promise there is no fine print or long winded diatribe.
2. While we refrain from heavy handed moderation, everything that is posted on this forum becomes property of this administration. We reserve the right to address inappropriate conduct as outlined below.

Conduct

The UAMCC forum strides to be a friendly community. As such, name calling, personal attacks, slander, racism, profanity and spamming will not be tolerated. Remember this means ZERO tolerence!
• Offenders will be delt with swiftly, those with a prior history may be delt with more harshly. There is a no tolerence on harrassment PERIOD! WEATHER IT BE ON THE FORUM OR IN PRIVATE MESSAGING AND OR EMAIL. (This will be brought before a majority of the board if not all of the board for consideration of weather or not to allow or revolk privelages to this BBS)

• Repeat and chronic offenders will have their IP banned permanently.
Spamming / Unsolicited Advertising in the General Forums

Please refrain from doing it. If you do not know what spamming is, it merely means that you are promoting a for-profit site that you own or with which you are affiliated in areas where that behavior is prohibited.
1. You are allowed two signature links. The guidelines for signature advertising will be outlined below.
2. Posts that are titled for search engine inclusion that include city names, states, or locale will be retitled by administration. If your 'before and after' pictures are extraordinary, people will naturally follow your signature link.
3. You may advertise for news, events or sales that affect the entire industry here: http://www.uamcc.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47 .
Note 1: Events, Topics, Sales or Announcementsare limited to ONE thread.

Example 1: If you are a distributor, you may start a thread entitled "XYZ Distributor's Specials". Within that thread you may update and add new specials.
Example 2: If you are a distributor or contractor reporting on an event, a new website, a new product, etc. ALL updates regarding that topic are to be contained within that thread. Update the thread as often as you wish but refrain from starting new threads on the same topic. New threads on the same topic will be moved or deleted by staff

Note2: Understand that if you choose to advertise, you open yourself to criticism of your product or event. Administration will only follow the general guidelines for behavior when moderating these threads.
4. File attachments such as pictures, spreadsheets, documents, pdf etc are limited in size by the board's software. The policy for the forum on pictures is to include as many pictures as you need to tell your tale. Choose your best pictures and size them appropriately.

Signature And Avatar Guidelines

1. Signature line must contain the name of your business. At this time, this forum is strictly for contractors or those entering the industry. At various times random checks will be made to verify business existence. Those members whose business cannot be located or verified via the web or local phone directory will be contacted and/or deleted.
Note: You may be new to the industry and not have an official business name yet. That is okay and we understand that. If that is the case, include that information and your location in your signature.
2. Signature line must contain your real name. For the sake of privacy, we will allow a one letter abbreviation of your last name. You may list your phone number if you choose to do so.
3. Please limit your signature line to two active website links.
Signatures not in compliance will be modified or deleted. You will be sent a private message explaining why your signature was changed by moderation.
4. Signature font is limited to a number 3 size. You may use any color you wish and choose left or center justification.
5. You may include a signature banner. Size limitation is 300 pixels by 50 pixels.
6. You are encouraged to use a custom avatar. This can be your logo or anything you choose that is not profane or offensive. Offensive is defined as a picture promoting sexual acts, prominent genitalia, and race, creed or gender bigotry.

That's it. We ask that you conduct yourself as a professional. If you follow that guideline, you have just spent two minutes reading something that will never affect you negatively.

Thank so much for being a UAMCC BBS member! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.​

Those are the Rules, I personally will follow them but I think they are retarded.

Anyways that means that all the photos links should come down and no links should be allowed even by Distributors that Pay membership. Rules are Rules...Seems we only make me follow them? HUMMMMMMMM

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Beth makes a great point but this org. needs to move forward now. They have momentum from the Charleston show and they should continue with that. I say since Ron got shafted all last year he should be allowed to post the NCE link here. Some of these rules need to be re-worded but no one has the available time to change those rules and my bet is that the BOD needs to be involved with any rule changes. But since the BOD has given me Beth and Russ the right to run this board the way we think without interference I say allow this link and most other links Only from Paid members!! This bb needs traffic and good promotion to follow there Charelston event so I say allow the links and work on the rule when we get the chance. This link applies to all PAID members only.

Beth if you still disagree then you Russ and I need to go up to the admin area and have a constructive discussion on what to do about this.

Beth Borrego

Beth makes a great point but this org. needs to move forward now. They have momentum from the Charleston show and they should continue with that. I say since Ron got shafted all last year he should be allowed to post the NCE link here. Some of these rules need to be re-worded but no one has the available time to change those rules and my bet is that the BOD needs to be involved with any rule changes. But since the BOD has given me Beth and Russ the right to run this board the way we think without interference I say allow this link and most other links Only from Paid members!! This bb needs traffic and good promotion to follow there Charelston event so I say allow the links and work on the rule when we get the chance. This link applies to all PAID members only.

Beth if you still disagree then you Russ and I need to go up to the admin area and have a constructive discussion on what to do about this.

I have no problem going over the rules this winter with you and Russ in the Admin area, and re-writing them as needed. But it doesn't look right to make exceptions to what is currently in place, especially in the main forums.

Beth

Jeff LeCours

I say ban Ron, kick him out now, matter of fact can we get him BAND for life so he doesnt take over the whole UAMCC world. Rumor has it that............................ Oops I'm a MOD here maybe I shouldnt be spreading rumors. BAND JL too he's no good for the industry

Everyone have a great day, just having some fun on a beautiful day

Russ Spence

Beth I have always thought it was a stupid rule too, if fact I had forgotten about it. If John agrees as I already do its up to you, if you want to remove it I will go ahead. Not because its Ron but because I feel it is silly, what do we have to protect people from here anyway?

I say erase the dumb BBS rule that was placed here prior to us taking over as admins.

Russ Spence

John as I remember the conversation I had with John Orr and Mike Cooke when I agreed to take this on, they said it was our baby and we had their full support on any decision we make in reference to the BBS

So I dont see why they would need to be involved in that or why they would even care.

I will be happy to make the call but I will bet you I will be given the go ahead on something as simple as this, I mean really its not life changing. LOL

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Beth I have always thought it was a stupid rule too, if fact I had forgotten about it. If John agrees as I already do its up to you, if you want to remove it I will go ahead. Not because its Ron but because I feel it is silly, what do we have to protect people from here anyway?

I say erase the dumb BBS rule that was placed here prior to us taking over as admins.

You could keep the rule and this place can stay worthless.

Second its been broke by many others since Ken & Carlos have been gone. The simpliest posts require a re-direct to show someone a cool idea or a product you found that might help someone.

I'm mixed about the issue, because then what do you consider spam? Under the old rule no one learns and ideas stay shut out. On the other hand your opening the BBS up to others that what to sell but not pay.

Its a delicate sistuation, please decide about it elsewhere. I'm a paying member and customer of the UAMCC and deserve to be treated like one not a red-headed step child.

Thanks