• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

2011 UAMCC Convention

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
Our church does a huge 2 day thing for men each year in the mountains at a campground (with little cabins and a large covered meeting area) You can bring your own ATV's or rent them there or you can spend that time socializing. There's something to be said for having a meeting outdoors with cookouts etc. And Jeff, you can BYOB!

Jim Cooney

Why am I reminded of the movie Deliverance ?????

why dont we all just go fishing together and drink beer and shoot the bull? Heck we all know how to run our business and how to do our job so why dont we just meet, bring the family and have a whale of a time just hanging out together?

Does it really have to be so big?

Trevor Steel

I was thinking the same thing Jim! lol A cook out style rally sounds fun though keep the ideas flowing. I'm sure the committee will take them all into consideration

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
March in a warmer region always got the highest votes by far back in the day. Early March in the Northeast is still pretty cold but many have just received there tax checks and also many are anxious to get there business rolling so no better way to do that then coming out of a Convention. September may be to Congested with the PWNA, The Parking Garage Conventions usually around that time frame and also the Next NCE Convention in Phoenix is scheduled for next September and that one is expected to be pretty large.
Of course the problem with March is two things. Tom Vogel from PA holds his annual winter RT in the beginning of March and March itself is only 5 months away. This may put a rush on the Committee to get this done. Not saying they can't but it could be tough.

Maybe March of 2012 should be considered because that gives the UAMCC alot of time to really establish itself. But then again if your going to do it with a big time "KISS" then the planning of it in 5 months shouldn't be to hard.

Hey John!

Don't you remember the poll YOU posted last year? LOL 51% said October!

I agree that off prime season is best for everyone (March or Nov). It should be located in an area that is close for air travel, the hotel does not bang you over the head etc. What comes to mind for me is where Matt Johnson had the Albany, NY round table. It was a decent hotel, close to the airport, was a nice sized room and after hours stuff was there due to proximity to the city. If it were local to me in NJ I would be interested in helping out. My brother works for a large hotel chain and I could speak with him about the facility issues and pricing. Perhaps Matt could give some ball park numbers to those doing the leg work to get this off the ground.
Input on a theme should be agreed upon by the membership so that it is attractive for the majority. Marketing, advertising, company expansion, sales people, niche marketing, business building basics etc would be a nice track. I think that most are past the "what do I wash a house with" type questions and are looking to move their company into a better place. That's my $0.02 and I am willing to help. Feel free to call me to whoever is in charge of getting this seed watered.

Guy Blackmon

I agree Mike!!

As For Themes, the only theme should be "Building Your Business" Personally I don't go to roundtables and Conventions to party (Which Is Cool, Just Not My Thing). I go for 1 reason only (Maybe 2) and that is to learn new ways of Building My Business, stay up to date on whats going on in our Industry and help new guys that may have questions (OK 3).

I would like this to be a "Professional Event" No jeans, tennis shoes, T-Shirts allowed.

2 days of solid education to help me and others better our businesses. No Fluff, I'm talking Meat & Taters Here!!!!

Russ Spence

I would like this to be a "Professional Event" No jeans, tennis shoes, T-Shirts allowed.

2 days of solid education to help me and others better our businesses. No Fluff, I'm talking Meat & Taters Here!!!!

WOW The last thing I expected from a Hilly Billy from Nawth Carolina! LOL

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
The problem with Matt being involved is that he is a Distributor. He was a distributor at the time of the albany roundtable. 43 people at that Round was distributor affiliated out of the 93 attendees.

Don't take this wrong Matt could help along with other distributors.

Matt should host a meeting for the UAMCC like NCE has offered and should promote the industry along with his business.

NCE does not want to be exclusive in anyway. NCE will pay for a venue and the UAMCC can have a membership drive with no expense to the org.

The UAMCC should offer this to every Associate member and partner up to have Distributors carry the burden of these expenses to promote the industry.

NCE suggest that the UAMCC have a Small educational certification seminar in the name of membership Drive. Every attendee gets a membership and certification. Place these smaller meeting throughout the country and this org will have 1000 members before next year.

Let the Distributors bare the burden and the costs in the name of support for cleaners around the world.

I know at least four dist that would particpate. Including a major one on the west coast.

I agree that off prime season is best for everyone (March or Nov). It should be located in an area that is close for air travel, the hotel does not bang you over the head etc. What comes to mind for me is where Matt Johnson had the Albany, NY round table. It was a decent hotel, close to the airport, was a nice sized room and after hours stuff was there due to proximity to the city. If it were local to me in NJ I would be interested in helping out. My brother works for a large hotel chain and I could speak with him about the facility issues and pricing. Perhaps Matt could give some ball park numbers to those doing the leg work to get this off the ground.
Input on a theme should be agreed upon by the membership so that it is attractive for the majority. Marketing, advertising, company expansion, sales people, niche marketing, business building basics etc would be a nice track. I think that most are past the "what do I wash a house with" type questions and are looking to move their company into a better place. That's my $0.02 and I am willing to help. Feel free to call me to whoever is in charge of getting this seed watered.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Maybe we should look into Atlantic City. I know I heard that you have to use Union labor but I'm thinking that you just may be able to block off a small amount of rooms and they may give you a deal because they want you to gamble. If the committee wants I can look into this to get some prices if anyone wants me to. if you live a few states away you can even get a bus ride for nothing with around $30 to gamble with free of charge. There are a few airports around AC and AC has many things to do besides gamble. There are some Morton Steak houses right in the Hotels if people like to eat high end and there is alot of great shows that people can go to and its all a write off.

The proglem with AC is the Unions but I may be able to work around them possibly but I would have to find out what it is that they do.

I could probably have the answers within 3 weeks if this is a possibilty. My goal would be to get the rooms cheap, Find out what the Convention hall would cost etc etc and also what the deal with the Unions.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
To do any of the above we need asap a Poll when its the best time to have a Convention and give it a two week time table so we can move along instead of just floating "Out at see"

I'll put the poll up for the time frame and where we have it we still have time for that but we need some dates so we can look into getting prices for the potential convention.

Doing the post right now.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Guys, please take the word convention out of this.

Please lets be realistic, the mistake made was having a convention to soon. 2012 is a year I could support a convention. The UAMCC needs more members right now, Carlos was on the right path following NCE around getting members to join.

The problem is conventions are expensive and if they are not run correctly they could devistate the org. $$$

Stick with low costs meetings, membership drives until the UAMCC has 150 members.

Convention hopes are just setting you up for failure.

You have had small success with a NCE meeting. Duplicate that and find more success in that. Conventions are dreams much further down the road, build a foundation and plan for the future.

Thats helping and respresenting at the these local meeting all around the country.

KY, AL, FL, GA, PA, TX,

Trevor keeps telling me he wants to have a meeting. Do it and plan it to be big....SC is always big.

Get the KING to host a party in SC if Trevor doesnt. The KING is always ready to party.

Charge everyone the same price and host it as a membership fund raiser party. Everyone that comes is joining or stay home.

Jeff LeCours

Guys, please take the word convention out of this.

Please lets be realistic, the mistake made was having a convention to soon. 2012 is a year I could support a convention. The UAMCC needs more members right now, Carlos was on the right path following NCE around getting members to join.

The problem is conventions are expensive and if they are not run correctly they could devistate the org. $$$

Stick with low costs meetings, membership drives until the UAMCC has 150 members.

Convention hopes are just setting you up for failure.

You have had small success with a NCE meeting. Duplicate that and find more success in that. Conventions are dreams much further down the road, build a foundation and plan for the future.

Thats helping and respresenting at the these local meeting all around the country.

KY, AL, FL, GA, PA, TX,

Trevor keeps telling me he wants to have a meeting. Do it and plan it to be big....SC is always big.

Get the KING to host a party in SC if Trevor doesnt. The KING is always ready to party.

Charge everyone the same price and host it as a membership fund raiser party. Everyone that comes is joining or stay home.

You are right on Ron. Actually the BOD in another post said this will not be a convention at all this year. You are pretty smart sometime for a pressure washing guy

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Convention,Meeting,get together.. yea they can change all of that. The point being when do they want to have the "Big Get Together". Ron I just said the word Convention to mean the above. Who knows what Convention Committee is going to come up with on this. Thats a good title for another thread.

Either way its the members and BODS that make these decisions. Where just yapping on the net to draw interest.

Ron,
My point with using Matt's RT was to say that a meeting could be done at a cheaper venue than Orlando. It does not need to be an out of this world thing.....It does not matter what you call it convention or get together. I am not saying to involve the distributors in setting up the event, but if vendors could fund a lot of it for the betterment of the organization, that would be a good thing.
Perhaps, Ron can be on the committee. NCE's resources could be a benefit to all. In addition, the respect of the org in the future will depend on the number of members and the funds that it can raise to benefit the industry.

The problem with Matt being involved is that he is a Distributor. He was a distributor at the time of the albany roundtable. 43 people at that Round was distributor affiliated out of the 93 attendees.

Don't take this wrong Matt could help along with other distributors.

Matt should host a meeting for the UAMCC like NCE has offered and should promote the industry along with his business.

NCE does not want to be exclusive in anyway. NCE will pay for a venue and the UAMCC can have a membership drive with no expense to the org.

The UAMCC should offer this to every Associate member and partner up to have Distributors carry the burden of these expenses to promote the industry.

NCE suggest that the UAMCC have a Small educational certification seminar in the name of membership Drive. Every attendee gets a membership and certification. Place these smaller meeting throughout the country and this org will have 1000 members before next year.

Let the Distributors bare the burden and the costs in the name of support for cleaners around the world.

I know at least four dist that would particpate. Including a major one on the west coast.

Allison Hester

I want to make sure that I'm kept informed. I will be checking the board regularly, but would like to be able to feature UAMCC news/updates in our new online magazine (which will premiere next month), Pressure Cleaning Contractor. Also want to post updates on our website. We want to be a voice and resource for ALL pressure washing contractors.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Here's My point, people used the org last year for there own means. They didnt disclose they were distributors, they joined as regular members had events in the name or contractors and actually used the org for there own personal gains.

The new BOD has a grip on some of the past happenings. NOW please understand that I'm for all of what you said. I support the org and the people that used it should now step forward swallow Crow and step up and Join as the distributors they are. There was more than one, one even got elected which I thinks kind of comical. ( CONRACTOR FOR CONTRACTOR ORG) LOL

Thats all in the past but should be rememebered and what these people do in the future with the org should be noted.

Ron,
My point with using Matt's RT was to say that a meeting could be done at a cheaper venue than Orlando. It does not need to be an out of this world thing.....It does not matter what you call it convention or get together. I am not saying to involve the distributors in setting up the event, but if vendors could fund a lot of it for the betterment of the organization, that would be a good thing.
Perhaps, Ron can be on the committee. NCE's resources could be a benefit to all. In addition, the respect of the org in the future will depend on the number of members and the funds that it can raise to benefit the industry.

Mathew Johnson

Convention overflow from Matt

Oh. even in my absense from the BBS, It is still nice to know people are still thinking about me. I would like to take a minute to clarify a few diluted misconceptions that have been put out here about my role as a distributor, holding a round table for personal gain and the inaccuracies of the vendor / contractor mix at the Albany event.

First of all, I agree with you Mike, a good event can be done for less money than Orlando.... You can put on an event that offers hot meals to the contractor, a superb lunch buffet and tangible information to the contractors that they can use in business all included in the price of the event. I chose that route as opposed to a FREE event, that some have offered - where the free events in the past have charged for special sessions (99.00 to learn how to tie your shoes) , and have people eat out on their own.

I chose the format to make it convienent for the contractors, and the cost of the event.... no one cared. The other misnomer out there is that I hid behind the scenes as a distributor holding the event for personal gain. The reality of the situation is this.... by the time I got through with the event, I promoted every major distributor in the country - ACR. Delco, Sunbrite, Pressure Tek, Sirroco, Haynes Reels, Soap Warehouse, AR Pumps of NA, Goodyear and Syntek. These are just a few of the distributors that I promoted. I did not charge them 100, 200 500, or 800 to set up or show up. I remember Pete M. commenting on the transparancey of the event. All distributors that were in attendance were introduced - the 8 or 10 that were there (LOL not 43).

At the time of the event, my wife and I were selling a few parts to school bus garages and highway departments and rarely a section of hose to a local contractor if they were in a jam. I did not hold that event for personal gain as a distributor - nor did I consider ourselves (Wife and I) as a distributor. In fact, we really started the a formal distributorship this year.

So I want to make something clear, especially for the ignorant misinformed megalomaniacs that may have any misinformed facts about the event. First, I paid dearly for the NY Event. By the time the bills (advertising, postage, equipment rental, ect.), meeting room rental, comped rooms and seminar food was paid for, my wife and I laid out over 2100.00 of our own money to put on an educational seminar for contractors thus bringing in the distributors for the contractors to put faces to the checks they write for supplies and equipment year around. Not to mention the time my wife put into the event that was held on her Birthday.The one alledged distributor (my company) that was present, not once talked about selling equipment or promoting a distributorship. I did promote all other distributors and sponsors at every opportunity and promoted the UAMCC at that time, delivering (i think) 20 or 21 new members to the UAMCC doorstep. Yea.... I really scored BIG personal gains with this event!

Regarding joing the org as a distributor as one has suggested... First, I dont give a dam what his opinion or thoughts are, he is like a broken record that skips and keeps repeating the same old thing, but there are many on the BBS that I respect. We have two entities... Distributorship and a contract cleaning company. There is no value in joining as a distributor, the membership is low and a current and updated business plan has not been offered from the new board.... I know they are busy and I know it will come. They are doing a good job and I think they are getting the Org back on track. But the decision to join, when and if I ever do, will simply come down to Return on Investment, both percieved and actual ROI. Business is business. We currently focus on municipalities, trucking companies and the end user to sell products and equipment to, In fact I have referred people to other distributors closer to them for parts, equipment and accessories.

Apparently because I have a distributorship, I an unable to have my contract cleaning company rejoin the UAMCC. I respect the BOD stance on this and understand their reasoning. It will effect more than just me. Mike Hinderlighter has a distributorship and a contract cleaning company as do many others. So I know I was not singled out and prohibited from joining as a member.

Thank for keeping me in your thoughts, Don't get over here much and I actually think this is the first time I have posted in over a month. I wish everyone a good holiday. I am still looking at a spring educational event, we will see if it comes together.

Matt

Last edited: