• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

2011 UAMCC Convention

Guy Blackmon

by the way whats in the works for this conventin, is there anything being planned or anyone working on this?

Absolutely Chris. John Orr is in charge of this. My understanding is that toward the end of next year would be our target for having this. We would like to have an "All Inclusive" type of event. What this means is there will be several "Business Growth" type classes through maybe 2 days, Vendor Member demonstrations....etc. all for 1 price, and not Nickle & Dimed to death. Nothing fancy, just a very focused event to help Members & Non-Members Build Their Businesses and "Raise The Bar" for the Industry.

I would like to hear what would benefit the more "Experienced Contractors" in an event like this.

From what I have seen at the RT's I've been to this year, there are a lot of fairly New Contractors out there (1-5 years) that are no where near where they can and should be in their Businesses. An event like this would be a tremendous value to them.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Hey Matt--Regardless of it all your event was one of the best and most thought out event Kathy and I went to in all our years going to these shows. If you do hold a spring event we will try to be there as always.

Business being business and the economy just sucking up a storm in NY I think many now are taking the more business aproach to...there own business if that makes any sense. The days of just throwing money against the wind for many and myself included are over. I just sold two trucks including my beloved Bucket truck that has always came thru the few times a year we used it.

Yes I am in the market to buy again but not until next year when we get back into full operation. Until then we will spend our money wisely and even if we do make a windfall of money with some bids we put out there this economy and this org. The UAMCC has taught me some valuable lessons. Spend money only when there is a benefit..I will still donate when I can to a few charities as we always do. A few bucks here and a few bucks there goes along way to places like Boys town or the Christopher Reeves foundation.

As for the UAMCC like they said in the movie "The Godfather" --"Lets make him an offer he can't refuse" which they did for a $99 price for me was worth it. In your case and many others like yours the BOD's need to come up with a good sound business plan to entice many and if that day comes I hope to see you rejoin-----because you found it to be a benefit.

Florin Nutu

why dont we all just go fishing together and drink beer and shoot the bull? Heck we all know how to run our business and how to do our job so why dont we just meet, bring the family and have a whale of a time just hanging out together?

Does it really have to be so big?

I'm in for that.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
I realize you didnt gain much, so why not just have disclosed the truth? Matt you ran grassroots agaist nce a paying member, I very well could have seeked damage, I remained quit. Meanwhike you lid about me not paying for a hotel room I never promised you. I graciously paid the room to shut your mouth. If im lieing sue me, or how about just a sorry?

Your character is amazing, alos pay your dist rate you stole from the org last year and fork tge money this year over. That would speak for itself.

Matt im over you so dont take this negative buddy . The truth sucks , you made it.
Oh. even in my absense from the BBS, It is still nice to know people are still thinking about me. I would like to take a minute to clarify a few diluted misconceptions that have been put out here about my role as a distributor, holding a round table for personal gain and the inaccuracies of the vendor / contractor mix at the Albany event.

First of all, I agree with you Mike, a good event can be done for less money than Orlando.... You can put on an event that offers hot meals to the contractor, a superb lunch buffet and tangible information to the contractors that they can use in business all included in the price of the event. I chose that route as opposed to a FREE event, that some have offered - where the free events in the past have charged for special sessions (99.00 to learn how to tie your shoes) , and have people eat out on their own.

I chose the format to make it convienent for the contractors, and the cost of the event.... no one cared. The other misnomer out there is that I hid behind the scenes as a distributor holding the event for personal gain. The reality of the situation is this.... by the time I got through with the event, I promoted every major distributor in the country - ACR. Delco, Sunbrite, Pressure Tek, Sirroco, Haynes Reels, Soap Warehouse, AR Pumps of NA, Goodyear and Syntek. These are just a few of the distributors that I promoted. I did not charge them 100, 200 500, or 800 to set up or show up. I remember Pete M. commenting on the transparancey of the event. All distributors that were in attendance were introduced - the 8 or 10 that were there (LOL not 43).

At the time of the event, my wife and I were selling a few parts to school bus garages and highway departments and rarely a section of hose to a local contractor if they were in a jam. I did not hold that event for personal gain as a distributor - nor did I consider ourselves (Wife and I) as a distributor. In fact, we really started the a formal distributorship this year.

So I want to make something clear, especially for the ignorant misinformed megalomaniacs that may have any misinformed facts about the event. First, I paid dearly for the NY Event. By the time the bills (advertising, postage, equipment rental, ect.), meeting room rental, comped rooms and seminar food was paid for, my wife and I laid out over 2100.00 of our own money to put on an educational seminar for contractors thus bringing in the distributors for the contractors to put faces to the checks they write for supplies and equipment year around. Not to mention the time my wife put into the event that was held on her Birthday.The one alledged distributor (my company) that was present, not once talked about selling equipment or promoting a distributorship. I did promote all other distributors and sponsors at every opportunity and promoted the UAMCC at that time, delivering (i think) 20 or 21 new members to the UAMCC doorstep. Yea.... I really scored BIG personal gains with this event!

Regarding joing the org as a distributor as one has suggested... First, I dont give a dam what his opinion or thoughts are, he is like a broken record that skips and keeps repeating the same old thing, but there are many on the BBS that I respect. We have two entities... Distributorship and a contract cleaning company. There is no value in joining as a distributor, the membership is low and a current and updated business plan has not been offered from the new board.... I know they are busy and I know it will come. They are doing a good job and I think they are getting the Org back on track. But the decision to join, when and if I ever do, will simply come down to Return on Investment, both percieved and actual ROI. Business is business. We currently focus on municipalities, trucking companies and the end user to sell products and equipment to, In fact I have referred people to other distributors closer to them for parts, equipment and accessories.

Apparently because I have a distributorship, I an unable to have my contract cleaning company rejoin the UAMCC. I respect the BOD stance on this and understand their reasoning. It will effect more than just me. Mike Hinderlighter has a distributorship and a contract cleaning company as do many others. So I know I was not singled out and prohibited from joining as a member.

Thank for keeping me in your thoughts, Don't get over here much and I actually think this is the first time I have posted in over a month. I wish everyone a good holiday. I am still looking at a spring educational event, we will see if it comes together.

Matt

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
I really rspect you. I know your a straight honest guy. It would be greT if if any dist offered this. They need guidelines and need to compesate the org. Excuse my grammer and spelling. Test new product.

Ron,
My point with using Matt's RT was to say that a meeting could be done at a cheaper venue than Orlando. It does not need to be an out of this world thing.....It does not matter what you call it convention or get together. I am not saying to involve the distributors in setting up the event, but if vendors could fund a lot of it for the betterment of the organization, that would be a good thing.
Perhaps, Ron can be on the committee. NCE's resources could be a benefit to all. In addition, the respect of the org in the future will depend on the number of members and the funds that it can raise to benefit the industry.

Mathew Johnson

Attachments

• LOL.jpg
    LOL.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 50
  • LOL1.pdf
    82.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Beth Borrego

Matt and Ron,
This thread is about the UAMCC 2011 convention. What it is NOT, is a place to air your laundry in public. No one cares. Take it offline. I don't want to have to edit or close this thread, but I will.
Beth

Russ Spence

I for one say let them hash it out, seems thats the way the truth comes to light with the UAMCC, if it had not been for a few whistle blowers there is no telling what would have happened.

At the rate some were going they may have had us all paying their car, home and credit card payments by now!

Beth Borrego

I for one say let them hash it out, seems thats the way the truth comes to light with the UAMCC, if it had not been for a few whistle blowers there is no telling what would have happened.

At the rate some were going they may have had us all paying their car, home and credit card payments by now!

If you want them to hash it out, let it be in another thread. This thread is about a future UAMCC event, not a past event where two people are trying to clear the air and their names. Personally, it was so long ago I would think most had forgotten, and really, didn't care....well maybe except for the two involved. So fine, let's just have them dirty up a nice thread about an upcoming event. That makes GOOD SENSE to allow that to continue, so we can have problems enforcing on topic discussion in the future! Right on!

Beth

Russ Spence

I agree Beth, I was going to edit the post but it wont matter since you quoted me. LOL

Ron or Matt, if you wish to hash it out start a thread and have at it but keep it respectful.

Mathew Johnson

Thanks Beth,

My event was brought up as a reference as a good example to follow. I am humbled. Then suddenly my event came under fire with several misleading facts. I clarified the inaccuracies.

My apologies for clarifying inaccuracies and co-hijacking the thread at the expense of the UAMCC's future.

Hope all is well,

Matt

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
If you want them to hash it out, let it be in another thread. This thread is about a future UAMCC event, not a past event where two people are trying to clear the air and their names. Personally, it was so long ago I would think most had forgotten, and really, didn't care....well maybe except for the two involved. So fine, let's just have them dirty up a nice thread about an upcoming event. That makes GOOD SENSE to allow that to continue, so we can have problems enforcing on topic discussion in the future! Right on!

Beth

Nothing really to hash out Beth, I clearly spokd the truth. I attacked no one just stated simple fact and will assure that in the future of the uamcc this information will be disclosed.

Sorry beth this is very important in this thread and should be on guidelines for future shows and a lesson learned when dealing with people.

Contractor for contractor org,

I pay for a distributor membership, I would like to be treated fairly this time around.

Thanks as always for your imput.

Russ Spence

Nothing really to hash out Beth, I clearly spokd the truth. I attacked no one just stated simple fact and will assure that in the future of the uamcc this information will be disclosed.

Sorry beth this is very important in this thread and should be on guidelines for future shows and a lesson learned when dealing with people.

Contractor for contractor org,

I pay for a distributor membership, I would like to be treated fairly this time around.

Thanks as always for your imput.
as you should be!

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
You correct ill make a youtube video explaining why distributor like yiu snd Don phelps said you where not distributors when infact you are. Wasnt don the convention committe chair and elected to the bod?

See theres no hashing the truth out, and if you want to be my freind on facebook matt that might be a great start.

Thanks Beth,

My event was brought up as a reference as a good example to follow. I am humbled. Then suddenly my event came under fire with several misleading facts. I clarified the inaccuracies.

My apologies for clarifying inaccuracies and co-hijacking the thread at the expense of the UAMCC's future.

Hope all is well,

Matt

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Matt and Ron,
This thread is about the UAMCC 2011 convention. What it is NOT, is a place to air your laundry in public. No one cares. Take it offline. I don't want to have to edit or close this thread, but I will.
Beth

Beth do you ever consult with others here at the uamcc before you make comment like those. This is all of our orgs. I really think looking at this through your eyes you msy want this to run like the grime scene. This is not ron musgraves pwi or beth tgs. Its the uamcc. This type of behavior is whst lead them down the road they landed on. My thoughts, maybe beths not always right, I love you beth but msybe this bbs shoukd run with some smaller goverment. Consult you staff re read the truth. You know its fact, facts are facts.

Russ Spence

I say we as the industry should stop hiding the ugly truth about it and continue to expose those that use for their own benifit and no other.

Beth Borrego

Matt,
Let's be fair here. You meant to set the record straight. But in doing so, you named names, and personalized it. You did not tell an impersonal nameless story, so let's not pretend you did.

Ron,
I am not treating this like TGS, I am treating this like a forum owned by an ORG, that prides itself on professionalism in the posts. I do not see the need to dredge up or post about something that happened between to individuals in a thread about a new potential convention. I realize you did not start it, but I do not see that it matters.

And I agree, a date and location need to happen soon if you want to have an event on 2011.

Thank you in advance for getting back on topic.

Beth

Mathew Johnson

Matt,
Let's be fair here. You meant to set the record straight. But in doing so, you named names, and personalized it. You did not tell an impersonal nameless story, so let's not pretend you did.

Beth

Duh, How is some one supposed to set the record straight without giving details (I had no intention, nor did I attempt to deliver an impersonal - nameless - story, I responded on the same level of the thread content that referenced my event - personal and with names.... Beth, you just arent worth debating this with. Look who is taking the thread off topic... Please, if you are going to repremand us little BBS members, practice what you preach.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Facts being facts Rob Huffman was the co-chair with Scott Millen and then it was Rob Huffman alone with his UAMCC committee . Since I've been to both Matts Albany RT and the UAMCC convention and helped with the planning of that one---They were both excellent. So IMHO lets stop beating this up because it does NO-ONE any good. We aired our hurt feelings and said our gripes and that was then.

Let the facts stand out and let the other stuff that is old news be that.. old news. Anyone in the know has learned there lessons and taken there baths or whatever and have moved on hopefully learning from there experiences.

Leave it at this. The UAMCC had an excellent convention--I was there and I should know as many others know. Matt had an excellent RT--I was there and I should know as many others know. Ron's NCE sponsored RT's I was only at one in Myrtle beach and it was excellent but all were excellent because the many people that went said so.

Why beat up the guys who made these work. This sets it all even further back. We all been there and done that already.

Talk about the future and learn from the past.... If this is going to turn here on the UAMCC bb a ****ing match of he said she said then I say close the post. If this post goes back into the positive then leave it open. Beth,Russ and myself for nothing have been a plus to this board and Ron and Matt with there past events have been a plus to the industry for the ones who went and many of them are thankfull then the few who went that werent. Go with that because that is the facts and how do we know this?? Just ask most people that attended those events. Thats says it all right there.