• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Perks

cleanhoods

Alright hood cleaners lets do the perks thing.You know we get the most perks of all the pwers in the industry,lets hear them. Free drinks to start.
Marko

cleanhoods

Marko,
Sorry we don't drink on the job. One benefit for us would be home baked cookies from our customers.

Well im meaning soft drinks now.Drinking on the job is a no no. Cookies are good though, yummy. Got some cookies from the one last night.
Marko

Terry Miller

We do have customers bake us cookies, soft drinks, etc. pretty much just being nice. Business perks may go as far as tickets to a pro game or the likes. We advertise we are not looking for a job, we are looking for a customer for life. We become friends with many. This is pretty hard to do with commercial work.

Ken Fenner

From my brief stint in KEC. Not every account but many offered:

Free soft drinks
Free prepared food
Free pastry
Discounts when I came in with wife.

I turned down every of them and advised employees to do the same. Business is business and should not be compromised. I have customers that invite me or my guys to barbecues and such. I really cannot accept as it puts me in a bad position down the road. I have the ultimate respect for our customers and I treat them with such, but crossing the line to becoming a friend is rarely a good idea.

cleanhoods

I tend to think being more personal to my customers gets you a dedicated customer for life. They give me free soft drinks and things i see something minor that needs repair i give them my service for free,free service call fees also and so on. Relating to your customer is the most important i feel. One of my customers had made me agree that before i can start work when i arrive i must sit and eat with them,that is Indian food there. Yummy. You have to be business i understand but they see that all the time and coming in and your customers ask how is the family, how did the repair go ,or how did your dogs surgery go, just examples, show they really respect you. I dont know i just have a different way of how i treat my customers, heck they are the ones supporting my family, paying for my bills and so on.Been this way since i started the business and been pretty successful doing this way then the strict business way. You know in the old country denying a gift from someone is a form of disrespect. Alot of my customers are from other places then the USA. Plus they know if they want to give you something or not.
Marko

Michael Tessaro

Perks run both ways. Aside from the free food and drinks offers. When I go into one of my customers to eat or drink I intend to pay not ask for a hand out. I let my staff have all the freebies. They have worked for it. When on the job never take or assume, always ask first. Perks for my customers, I pay finders fees or give discount on service for a confirmed lead. They really like to see you mark off 10%. I do trade shirts and hats with customers who have cool stuff.

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
From my brief stint in KEC. Not every account but many offered:

Free soft drinks
Free prepared food
Free pastry
Discounts when I came in with wife.

I turned down every of them and advised employees to do the same. Business is business and should not be compromised. I have customers that invite me or my guys to barbecues and such. I really cannot accept as it puts me in a bad position down the road. I have the ultimate respect for our customers and I treat them with such, but crossing the line to becoming a friend is rarely a good idea.

Ken, I have to disagree with you on this one. A customer that has had you to their home or to a barbeque or such is not likely to replace you with a competitor.

My problem has been making myself go to things Like that. I don't necessarily want to go, but I value the business and force myself to go.

That's just how it has worked out in my years of business.

Josh Dodson

I've never been asked over to a customers home.....maybe because we deal 100% with commercial clients.

I've been to several golf outings. Always a good time. There is free beer there, and your not working.....so it's ok to drink as much as you like....as long as you're not driving home.:pukey: It is actually a really good time hanging out with those that you're usually just doing business with. There are some interesting people in restaurant management.

Double07

I would be leary about accepting perks from some customers. If a customer really wants to suck up to me the ONLY thing they need to do is pay fast!!!:clap:

HoodsPlus

One of my customers had made me agree that before i can start work when i arrive i must sit and eat with them,that is Indian food there. Yummy.
Marko

You get a free meal out of an Indian establishment?................

Damn......... You are good:biggrin:

We are allowed to drink water! Thats it. I have to agree with the line crossing, future expectations etc........ It is business. I expect payment for my services so I want to pay for services that I ask for.

Besides, I like picking up an account by telling them that I spend more on their food than they will spend on my service in a years time.