• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Cleaning for Heros

Russ Spence

http://www.cleaningforheroes.org/index.html

The need is great....

Thousands of soldiers who have served in Iraq and Afghanistan are returning to civilian life with moderate to severe physical injuries. Disabling injuries such as loss of limbs, head trauma and debilitating injuries to arms and legs make it difficult for these men and women to meet the demands of everyday life such as cleaning and maintaining their homes. There are hundreds of thousands more disabled veterans from World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War and the Gulf War who also have disabling injuries that make it difficult to maintain their homes.

Veterans' organizations nationwide are trying hard to meet the needs of disabled veterans, but until Cleaning for Heroes, there was no organization dedicated to meeting the needs of this very deserving group of men and women by providing much needed house cleaning help. For some elderly veterans, the difference between having some household help, or not having household help, could be the difference between whether they get to stay in the home they have lived in all their lives or be forced into a retirement home.

Cleaning for Heroes is dedicated to providing home services and repair services to veterans who otherwise could not afford to hire household help but we can't do it alone. Donations to Cleaning for Heroes by caring individuals, such as yourself, help us to reach out to more of our community's heroes that need our help. Please consider making a donation to Cleaning for Heroes. Every penny counts and every penny helps! Cleaning for Heroes is a non-profit organization incorporated in the state of Rhode Island. Cleaning for Heroes is a 501c3 tax exempt organization.

Jim Cooney

Thank you for that link Russ. I have signed up my business and my wife owns 2 cleaning businesses, and she will also be proud to give back to our fellow Veterans.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Great link Russ. I wonder if this Org could support that Org? Certainly a worthy cause. Being in a militarized area (Navy), I'm sure my local need is great.

Re: Cleaning for Heroes

Hi everyone!

Russ, I'd like to thank you for sharing information about our program. My name is Torrey Shannon, and for those who don't know me I am the Executive Director and Spokesperson for Cleaning for Heroes. It's an incredible honor to be working with the pressure washing industry in our mission to help elderly and disabled heroes across the nation.

Russ already shared the "meat and potatoes" about what we do, and why we do it. I'd just like to thank everyone who has joined our program so far and encourage those who haven't joined to strongly consider doing so. It costs NOTHING to join, and all we ask is that you donate a comfortable amount of free services to heroes in your community each month. We do all the work to match you with qualified applicants, and will also help with free marketing for your business. There are also opportunities for free products and discounts to help defray the cost of your contributions to your community. It's a "win-win" for everyone to work together!

If you are interested in learning more, just fill out an application request via our website. I am more than happy to assist in any questions you may have, and everyone at Cleaning for Heroes thanks you for your consideration!

Blessings,
Torrey

Guy Blackmon

Just signed up!!! We have done several charity jobs in our area. It is an Honor to help any way we can.

We owe our Vets a Great debt that we can never repay. They Are Why We Live In Freedom, And In the Greatest NATION In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!